The Student Room Group

For the sake of everyone...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
Well it is a huge part of our lives that has now been changed, and because it's affected everyone in the UK, a lot of people feel the need to speak their mind and engage in discussion with those online rather than face to face which is albeit much more harder.

Cute video! :biggrin: I saw you two minutes and fifty seconds into the video! :tongue:

Thank you... And yep... Wait I was there? :unsure:
Reply 21
Literally so glad i havent been on TSR recently :lol: damn sounds bas
Where we go, nobody knows
We're never gonna quit it No?
With that avatar, you could easily rule Britain, you look like a great leader who will hail us with prosperity. :biggrin:

Hanzo Shimada, the great assassin, shall lead this nation to new greatness :ninja: :cool:
Original post by Adamski191
You know what??? I support Brexit and I completely agree that the arguments are just getting babyish. Just because you want people to understand your argument, does not mean that you can spout out idiotic *******s and give absolutely vulgar insults to others who simply wish to make their belief known. Forgive me for getting a little defensive, but it's true. The arguments have just gone too far.

PS, I'm probably too late to be commenting on this...oh well.

I agree and it's very annoying because no one can construct an argument these days, we're all jumping at each other's throats and it is actually quite sad.
Original post by Inexorably
Well you're just a smelly poohead :/

Sorry. :tongue: not the worst I've ever heard anyways.

Original post by junayd1998
Yeah it is. Prolly. Yep. Oh well it will die down in a month or 2 and no one will seem to give ****. What a ****ing surprise

Yeah it will, one day it may resurface but hopefully not.
I had predicted this outcome but I have remained silent on the situation.
Tsr members need to grow up and cut out the tantrums
Original post by shawn_o1
Where we go, nobody knows
We're never gonna quit it No?

Ah I see what you did there, excellent link to my avatar. :biggrin:

Original post by z33
Literally so glad i havent been on TSR recently :lol: damn sounds bas

I've missed you! :hugs: surprised you didn't join in with the political posts lol.

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Thank you... And yep... Wait I was there? :unsure:

Yeah can't you see? :tongue:

Original post by Alexion
Hanzo Shimada, the great assassin, shall lead this nation to new greatness :ninja: :cool:

I think you'd be excellent too. :wink: I have no idea but I thought you were a Leave voter, literally from the threads you posted in.
Original post by Blue_Mason
I had predicted this outcome but I have remained silent on the situation.
Tsr members need to grow up and cut out the tantrums

Good luck getting them to do that, most of them are quite immature.
I agree and it's very annoying because no one can construct an argument these days, we're all jumping at each other's throats and it is actually quite sad.

tbh there are some very good points on here, it's just that some people get so carried away with their arguments that they don't really pay attention to what other people's arguments are and write it off as bs

Ah well, hopefully people will calm down soon.
I think we need to tone down our political posts and arguments as it's becoming vile and cruel and some people are sprouting hate which is uncalled for. I'm going to have to admit that the Leave vote won, it was a democracy and there is nothing we can do now but accept it, I'm finding some people's behaviour on here truly disgusting, everyone in the UK is allowed to vote if they are registered and are over 18 so enough with the whole "Oh the old people will be dead soon, why did they bother voting?" and I'm seeing a lot of Bremainers posting this which is making Brexiters put us down even further.

Obviously from my posts, I voted for Remain and I am a strong advocate for Remain but now isn't the time to attack people and their beliefs no more, we need to seriously come together to work out what we want for the UK, and what is best. We all come from different walks of life, some more maturer and experienced and others more knowledgeable in culture and very diverse. I also apologise for my behaviour towards Leave voters but now can we atleast come up with what we want to happen in the forthcoming year without spewing hate and jumping at other people's throats?

The pound fell really hard but it was going to happen regardless if Remain or Leave won, give it a few weeks and it will rise up. The only issue I have is that everyone (near enough) expected us to remain so the plan for leave isn't so planned out and is quite spontaneous (for now) which is why we need a strong leader (please not Boris) to strengthen our economy and nation and to move forward.

Coulda done without the last bit but ok everything else is ok ignoring the subtle jabs at Leavers still

I agree. I'm losing mates, warring with neighbours, losing followers :colone: all left right n centre over this, not that I mind because people are strong for their beliefs and I knew this would happen. It's like a mini apocalypse but it would be nice if people toned it down however it's not realistic. Props to you for still tryna stop it I guess.
Good luck getting them to do that, most of them are quite immature.

Very immature indeed and some are going to end up as spoiled bigots.
They think it is a game
Original post by lukejoshjames
tbh there are some very good points on here, it's just that some people get so carried away with their arguments that they don't really pay attention to what other people's arguments are and write it off as bs

Ah well, hopefully people will calm down soon.

I know, just hold your head high and ignore all the drama and become the stronger person. :smile:

Original post by 0to100
Coulda done without the last bit but ok everything else is ok ignoring the subtle jabs at Leavers still

I agree. I'm losing mates, warring with neighbours, losing followers :colone: all left right n centre over this, not that I mind because people are strong for their beliefs and I knew this would happen. It's like a mini apocalypse but it would be nice if people toned it down however it's not realistic. Props to you for still tryna stop it I guess.

I think it's just disgusting behaviour, everyone is falling out with those they used to be close with just because of a vote and now it's a mess on here, I get people are passionate and strong about their beliefs but some of these posts are death threats and that is taking it too far.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Very immature indeed and some are going to end up as spoiled bigots.
They think it is a game

Many of the posters on here who are passionate about the EU debate are probably very shy and reserved about it in real life in fear of a 'real' debate and something much worse.
I know, just hold your head high and ignore all the drama and become the stronger person. :smile:

I think it's just disgusting behaviour, everyone is falling out with those they used to be close with just because of a vote and now it's a mess on here, I get people are passionate and strong about their beliefs but some of these posts are death threats and that is taking it too far.

This change isn't a big deal, but people are threatened that it's unforeseen what's gonna happen but this really isn't the worst of it.
Also I can't see all my followers and normally I wouldn't make a big deal but I tend to follow back who follows me as long as they seem alright. You were one of my earliest followers and I can't see that list, tsr won't let me. Someone unfollowed me and I wanna know who it is so I don't keep following someone. I suspect I'm being unfollowed for the Leaver stuff, I am quite out there with my beliefs.
Reply 34
It would only have been ironic if it wasnt true.
It is really horrible how things have gone down hill.

Someone said to me today that this time last week, people were chatting nicely about Game of Thrones. Now, we don't seem to care about anything.

The referendum has brought out the true colours of the closet racists and they think that they are now in power.
Original post by 0to100
This change isn't a big deal, but people are threatened that it's unforeseen what's gonna happen but this really isn't the worst of it.
Also I can't see all my followers and normally I wouldn't make a big deal but I tend to follow back who follows me as long as they seem alright. You were one of my earliest followers and I can't see that list, tsr won't let me. Someone unfollowed me and I wanna know who it is so I don't keep following someone. I suspect I'm being unfollowed for the Leaver stuff, I am quite out there with my beliefs.

I think there's been a big overhaul of the whole site, I cannot see who has quoted me now which is something I used to enjoy seeing, as it shows you who has quoted you the most but it never comes up. If someone unfollows you for your beliefs, just think, aren't you glad you aren't being followed by someone who has no respect for diversity, you are probably glad to be rid of them.

True, although I reckon we may see some more hysterical posts and threads, this time even worse and perhaps even doing so to mock this thread.
I think there's been a big overhaul of the whole site, I cannot see who has quoted me now which is something I used to enjoy seeing, as it shows you who has quoted you the most but it never comes up. If someone unfollows you for your beliefs, just think, aren't you glad you aren't being followed by someone who has no respect for diversity, you are probably glad to be rid of them.

Lol yea but that didn't really answer my ques. Nvm then :wink:
Original post by 0to100

Heya :h: Did you see my reply to your pm?
Original post by 0to100

Lmao sorry. :tongue: maybe open a lovely thread to CT, do you use TSR on your phone or your laptop? Sometimes this can affect things and what browser you use too.

Quick Reply

Latest