The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Chemistry A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Hi, I will be taking OCR chemistry a level next year and was wondering what your opinions are of it. Is it hard? and do you recommend any revision books that I could get in advance.
Original post by hrp16
Hi, I will be taking OCR chemistry a level next year and was wondering what your opinions are of it. Is it hard? and do you recommend any revision books that I could get in advance.

At first it all looks ridiculously hard but, as with anything, once you get to the end of the course you realise how straightforward a lot of it is.

The hard part is teaching yourself to learn in a way you really understand something rather than trying to memorise answers. If you don't understand it you'll get ****ed in the exams.

As for learning material, the specification has changed so it will be different to what we've just done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will be starting a-level chemistry this year and I'm going into year 12. Do you think i should buy the textbooks ?
Can't thank you enough for these study notes and resources, definitely helped me to achieve A*s in maths, physics and chemistry too this summer so thanks for being willing to share them!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nisha.sri
I will be starting a-level chemistry this year and I'm going into year 12. Do you think i should buy the textbooks ?

Its a new spec for you as the previous year was the last. Make sure to get textbooks reccomended for YOUR new spec (2016/2017 onwards)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I can't seem to find the resources on the link. Are you able to PM me by any chance of possible please or share on drop box please?

Thanks MissChem
Any tips on getting an A* in Chemistry?
Is there any additional resources that I could use to help me achieve this grade?
Thanks

Can anyone plz confirm if titrimetric analysis and conductimetric analysis are in the specification for unit 4 A2 or no?

Original post by ALI_123
Any tips on getting an A* in Chemistry?
Is there any additional resources that I could use to help me achieve this grade?
Thanks

PAST PAPERS especially if you do OCR, questions alwayssssss repeat
Hi guys, I have a question. I was thinking of applying to do the RSC Chemistry Olympiad and I was wondering what I'd be likely to achieve. My AS Chemistry grade is an A (98%) and my Cambridge Chemistry Challenge was scored as a silver. Is it possible to push up to a gold for the RSC? Or could I maintain a silver for it? Thanks.
Reply 410
Can anyone describe how titrations can be used to determine equilibrium position and the K constant? I cant find anything online
Plan is to revamp this thread for the new specs...watch this space.
I have been set my first PAG (practical assessment) for ocr and I was wondering if there was any resources to help me with that since I am struggling with it
Reply 413
possible to add past paper template when the revamp comes, Apple :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What topic is everyone on for chemsitry were still on 2.1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForgottenApple
Hi I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with results: (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve a similar set of results. I created these resources for myself in my A-Level year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorporates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to physics thread
Unlike the physics thread
I'm going to sort of build this as I go so it may not be complete for a month-ish

Important Links
Physics and maths tutor: Includes extra past papers from other exam boards, and the extremely useful questions by topic
A Level Chemistry Website, mostly older spec past papers, and questions with solutions!
Memrise - Excellent for rote learning definitions, equations and reactions (Good iOS and Android App!)

F321
Definitions
Standard Answers

F322
Definitions
Standard Answers

F324
ah organic chemistry, I decided to go with a unique 'on a page' model for this unit, inspired by maths which condensed units down to a single page. I'm going to release a PDF version of this, so you can print out pages as required
Interactive Definitions
Interactive Important Reactions and Conditions
Full PDF of on a page
Standard answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers

F325
Interactive Definitions
Notes
Standard Answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers & This
Past Paper Spreadsheet Excel Template

Good Post from pp. 2

This is awesome! Same, I did a completely different revision format for organic chemistry!
Thanks, :smile: and congratulations on your results - you must be so relieved.
Reply 417
Original post by ForgottenApple
Hi I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with results: (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve a similar set of results. I created these resources for myself in my A-Level year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorporates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to physics thread
Unlike the physics thread
I'm going to sort of build this as I go so it may not be complete for a month-ish

Important Links
Physics and maths tutor: Includes extra past papers from other exam boards, and the extremely useful questions by topic
A Level Chemistry Website, mostly older spec past papers, and questions with solutions!
Memrise - Excellent for rote learning definitions, equations and reactions (Good iOS and Android App!)

F321
Definitions
Standard Answers

F322
Definitions
Standard Answers

F324
ah organic chemistry, I decided to go with a unique 'on a page' model for this unit, inspired by maths which condensed units down to a single page. I'm going to release a PDF version of this, so you can print out pages as required
Interactive Definitions
Interactive Important Reactions and Conditions
Full PDF of on a page
Standard answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers

F325
Interactive Definitions
Notes
Standard Answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers & This
Past Paper Spreadsheet Excel Template

Good Post from pp. 2

Thanks a lot,they sre awesome, but the link under F321 is broken. Please re upload.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone have packs of questions for the ocr new spec we only have onee past paper!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 419
Physics and maths tutor has lots of old spec pack if thats any consolation..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest