The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rolyb
Did anyone receive a notification email from fenners saying they had received pupillage application? I think they sent them out last year but I haven't got one this time?

I didn't. I assume (/hope) they aren't bothering this time.
Original post by pizzaprincess
Can I ask what stage you're at in law? As in LLB/GDL/BPTC? I ask because I have just done the GDL but not got my results yet and because exams were over pupillage time could only apply for about 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe everyone is at different stages and you can apply for pupillage whilst on the LLB, so there is no requirement to have had your result before applying. The ideal scenario would be to secure pupillage before shelling out 17k on the BPTC. However, you would still have 5 years post BPTC to commence pupillage.

Personally, I am 2 years post BPTC, I have a 1st LLB, VC BPTC, Scholarship and have now worked for a national advocacy firm for 2 years, attending court 5 days a week as an Advocate. I still do not have pupillage! I have friends with less qualifications that secured pupillage in their first rounds. So, in a nutshell, it doesn't really matter what stage you are or what results you have. Arguably, pupillage is the only position where you would receive a positive feedback, followed by a rejection! Just apply and keep applying!

In regards to applying during exams, we all had to do it, the trick is time management. However, I believe the timetable is being moved to January from next year, so this may no longer be an issue for you.

I have made at least 40 applications (because the actual number is just embarrassing) and had a couple of last rounds…i'm still hopeful (although at some point I was convinced some Chambers were racist and was tempted to change my surname to Smith, just to see if that makes a difference lol). So, from my experience, I would encourage you to make more than 4 applications. I say, make at least 12 on the gateway as you only really need to customise the questionnaire…the rest would be autofilled. There's no limit to how many non gateway applications you can make and not all deadlines would be in April.

I hope that helps. :smile:
Mixed bag today
Furnival rejection
CPS invite
And 9KBW invite to first round
Is anyone still waiting on Furnival?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulu_dudette
Is anyone still waiting on Furnival?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am still waiting too
Original post by broeoutinsong
I am still waiting too

This is reassuring thank you! Here's hoping for positive batches!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by broeoutinsong
I am still waiting too

Check your junk mail. Mine was in there
Original post by shestheone
Check your junk mail. Mine was in there

Thank you, it is empty too 😣. Just the one rejection for me today it seems haha.
Iscoed chambers has changed to under consideration.
Reply 2409
Rejection post first round from st marys chambers - gateway change no email
9kbw rejection for me then I think. Has anyone heard post first round from Matrix?
Original post by Igor_the_Cat
9kbw rejection for me then I think. Has anyone heard post first round from Matrix?

Nothing yet from Matrix...

Has anyone heard from QEB HW, 5EC or 6PC post first round?
Original post by lawgirl1992
Just called a few sets:
9-12 Bell Yard: aiming for this week doing the final sift today
Angel (Swansea): didn't know still sifting
Iscoed (Swansea): some rejections will be out this afternoon, then they are doing a final sift next Tuesday where they will send out more rejections and then interview offers! (they said they are only interviewing 20 people).
15 New Bridge Street: 4th July

Are iscoed planning on making a decision this Tuesday or next? Thanks!
Original post by Daydreamer1990
Are iscoed planning on making a decision this Tuesday or next? Thanks!

Has your gateway changed to under consideration too ? I keep refreshing the page, i'm not sure if the change is good or bad news.
Does anyone have previous experience of 23 Essex Street they would be prepared to share - thank you
Original post by pupilpleaser

Nothing from QEB HW yet but I only had my interview on Saturday and I got the impression they interviewed loads so I wasn't expecting to hear anything for a while although I could be wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2416
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience/inside knowledge on the following interviews content wise:

Park Square Leeds
Zenith Leeds - Second Round
Ropewalk Nottingham - Second Round

Any slither of information would be gratefully received!

Good luck to anyone with upcoming interviews.
Has anyone heard from Blackfriars/Farringdon?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pupilpleaser

My QEB interview was probably the worst interview I have ever attended in all my life, I have no doubts I am top of the rejection list so will let you know when that comes through !
St Mary's second interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending