AQA Physics PHYA5 - 28th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JC_Costales
me (y)

you ready??
Original post by Notions97
Unfortunately :frown:

i actually like turning points :smile: imo its easiest :biggrin:
Can someone help with June 2013 section A question 3i?

How is the formula produced on the mark scheme explained in words?
Why is it Tf-3 for the coke and not 3-Tf?
(edited 7 years ago)
half of A level physics is just setting one equation equal to another in the formula book and rearranging. we'll be fine guys
Time to watch England continue to make a fool of themselves. Best of luck tomorrow folks! :smile:
Can someone help with June 2013 section A question 3i?How is the formula produced on the mark scheme explained in words? Why is it Tf-3 for the coke and not 3-Tf?
yea but during B+ decay a proton changes into a neutron. So the nucleon number stays the same but the number of protons decreases by one and neutron number increase by one
If proton number changes then so will neutron number because neutrons = nucleon number - proton number
Reply 568
Hey guys, I made a thread for Astrophysics discussion after tomorrows exam to prevent confusion as everyone will be talking about their optional topics!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4189899
For 3ii https://089204f2d4bdbe672bf2453c0501f6d6b988ca38.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYLU1hNjFqdDRBb2s/June%202013%20MS%20-%20Unit%205-2B%20AQA%20Physics.pdf is my method not acceptable?

I done heat gained by ice= heat lost by glass and cola
= 0.25(840)(8.41-3) + 0.2(4190)(8.41-3)
=5669.68
Then I divided it by the latent heat of fusion of ice to get 0.01697....? Is this fine? Their way is completely different and I didn't use the heat capacity of water at all :s-smilie:

Help!

@Protoxylic
Original post by particlestudent
For 3ii https://089204f2d4bdbe672bf2453c0501f6d6b988ca38.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYLU1hNjFqdDRBb2s/June%202013%20MS%20-%20Unit%205-2B%20AQA%20Physics.pdf is my method not acceptable?

I done heat gained by ice= heat lost by glass and cola
= 0.25(840)(8.41-3) + 0.2(4190)(8.41-3)
=5669.68
Then I divided it by the latent heat of fusion of ice to get 0.01697....? Is this fine? Their way is completely different and I didn't use the heat capacity of water at all :s-smilie:

Help!

@Protoxylic

Where does the bold bit come from?

Edit: I see what you've done.

You haven't quite equated the thermal energy change correctly. The thermal energy change of the ice will be equal to it's latent heat plus the thermal heat in raising its temp to 3 degrees
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Protoxylic
Where does the bold bit come from?

Edit: I see what you've done.

You haven't quite equated the thermal energy change correctly. The thermal energy change of the ice will be equal to it's latent heat plus the thermal heat in raising its temp to 3 degrees

So because the beaker and the ice cooled to 3c, we need to assume the ice is now water at 3c?
Original post by particlestudent
So because the beaker and the ice cooled to 3c, we need to assume the ice is now water at 3c?

Yeah they mean that the lowest temperature it got to was 3 degrees (ignoring the surroundings) which is when the whole liquid mixture gets to thermal equilibrium. So yes, the water that was ice, is now liquid water at 3 degrees at that point.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Protoxylic
Yeah they mean that the lowest temperature it got to was 3 degrees (ignoring the surroundings) which is when the whole liquid mixture gets to thermal equilibrium. So yes, the water that was ice, is now liquid water at 3 degrees at that point.

Okay thanks :smile:
I'm dreading this exam but I'm so looking forward to ending this stupid thing called A level
Guys does anyone have a list of the formulas we need to know that aren't on the data sheet?
Original post by C0balt
I'm dreading this exam but I'm so looking forward to ending this stupid thing called A level

Same. Absolutely cannot wait until 11am tomorrow morning.

I'm sort of in a lucky position in that I think I've already managed to meet my offer with my other A levels, which is good because I'm absolutely screwed for this exam.
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Guys does anyone have a list of the formulas we need to know that aren't on the data sheet?

Off the top of my head the only one that isn't on there is P1 * V1 / T1 = P2 * V2 / T2
Original post by Mattematics
Off the top of my head the only one that isn't on there is P1 * V1 / T1 = P2 * V2 / T2

That can be worked out from the ideal gas law anyway can't it?
Original post by Whizbox
That can be worked out from the ideal gas law anyway can't it?

I believe so. It's still pretty basic though, I've just got it memorised from GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending