The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

If you round the probability answers to 4dp will you lose marks. Eg, 0.3783889 and u put final answer as 0.3784 to 4 dp. Will this be wrong ?
Original post by Danllo
If you round the probability answers to 4dp will you lose marks. Eg, 0.3783889 and u put final answer as 0.3784 to 4 dp. Will this be wrong ?

If you're ever stuck or wanting to try and mark your answers in the style of an examiner, check past papers for a similar question, what kind of values/dp/method etc they want. You'll never see a question requiring you to give an answer to 7 dp because that implies a level of accuracy that isn't there.

(Take from that what you will - what you've done is the right answer, but I am also telling you how to answer your own questions in the future :h:)
Original post by fpmaniac
I got 0.2n^2 (plus or minus cant remember) root(0.16n) + something

But I got a different value from 225 I got two hundred and something

But it was an 8-marker, though - not 6...
Original post by cogito.
Isn't Q1 E(X) is about 1.41?

I got that too
Original post by EricPiphany
Who else thought question 8 was quite cute? :smile:

I thought it was nice. Got the answer quite swiftly.
Original post by SB0073
Would I get any marks for this?! Question 5) Normal approx...X~B(n,0.2)E(X)=0.2nVar(X)=0.16ntherefore; X~N(0.2n,0.16n) P(X>55)=> CC P(X>=55.5)P(Z>(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.04011-P(Z<(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.0401P(Z<(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.9599Therefore;(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n = 1.7555-0.2n= 1.75(0.4)(n^1/2)55-0.2n=0.7n^1/2Then I squares out formed a quadratic and tried to rearrange but it didn't solve (yielded imaginary numbers) How many marks out of 8 would I get if any? Was I on the right lines or have I lost the plot.

You were definitely doing it right - I'd probably say about 5 or 6 out of 8 for all of that!
Original post by Funnycatvideos

There wasn't a question 8... Are you talking about question 7 - the one about the staples?

It was straightforward if you were prepared for it.
Original post by mupsman2312
There wasn't a question 8... Are you talking about question 7 - the one about the staples?

I thought he was on about the normal approximations one. I don't really know what was on my mind. I think fasting and hay-fever is getting to me
I thought he was on about the normal approximations one. I don't really know what was on my mind. I think fasting and hay-fever is getting to me

lol, why do you do that to yourself... please don't starve yourself...
Original post by mupsman2312
You were definitely doing it right - I'd probably say about 5 or 6 out of 8 for all of that!

It's seriously so frustrating I don't know where I went wrong? Can you spot where? 5 or 6 thank god!
Grade boundary predictions anyone? I thought it was more difficult than last year...
lol, why do you do that to yourself... please don't starve yourself...

I'll be alright. Last exam anyway. That S1 exam was horrible though.
For Q4B, I couldn't find A or prove B so I "claimed" that I found a =8 and b=8 in the previous question (obviously this is wrong)
I then carried this forward to question 4B and tried to work out the value of K and I did all the right steps that I could have worked out K with if I had the right values.
How many marks will I get for this? If any :/
I'll be alright. Last exam anyway. That S1 exam was horrible though.

Bahaha good one.
Original post by Piers456
For Q4B, I couldn't find A or prove B so I "claimed" that I found a =8 and b=8 in the previous question (obviously this is wrong)
I then carried this forward to question 4B and tried to work out the value of K and I did all the right steps that I could have worked out K with if I had the right values.
How many marks will I get for this? If any :/

i did that too lol guess probably minus 1-2 marks only
Bahaha good one.

Okay fine I'm prejudice against S1 and have conditioned myself to hate it. Oddly enough I found it the hardest out of all my maths units.
Was the area f a circle uniform distribution questions 7^2 pi?
Okay fine I'm prejudice against S1 and have conditioned myself to hate it. Oddly enough I found it the hardest out of all my maths units.

I found M8 the hardest out of mine.
ez 75/75 thank you everyone for lowering gradeboudaries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending