The Student Room Group
Original post by Fas
I saw it on LinkedIn, but it's on their graduate events page

Greatly appreciate it if you could post a link?
When I searched, it said there weren't any vacancies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Chang
yeh i know which is why im confused, the thing starts in less than 2 weeks...

What were the dates again?
Original post by ac00293
What were the dates again?

Dates were 3rd to the 5th Aug

They have started giving out offers

By phone
Original post by Engineer94

By phone

Oh, my I ask when you had your final round interviews? I only had mine this Friday just gone so I'm expecting to hear back by Monday.

By phone

Congrats mate
Original post by sazzabazza
Oh, my I ask when you had your final round interviews? I only had mine this Friday just gone so I'm expecting to hear back by Monday.

My interview was Friday 17th and I heard back the following Wednesday
Original post by banker18
Question to those who have already completed/ applied to an IB spring week:Is 320 UCAS point a large hinderance to getting interviews or places on spring weeks?

Why did you post 3 times? The rule of three doesn't really apply in this situation mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question to those who have already completed/ applied to an IB spring week:Is 320 UCAS point a large hinderance to getting interviews or places on spring weeks?

jesus christ, go to bed

It kind of matters but depends on the firm.

Some ask for 300 ucas points, some 340.

I know people who had below that and got many spring weeks.

If your application is good and you really impress, I don't think they will just turn you away because of some UCAS points.
It kind of matters but depends on the firm.

Some ask for 300 ucas points, some 340.

I know people who had below that and got many spring weeks.

If your application is good and you really impress, I don't think they will just turn you away because of some UCAS points.

What firms ask for 340? I've only seen 300 and 320 so far, besides Deloitte who ask for 340 of you achieved a 2.2
What firms ask for 340? I've only seen 300 and 320 so far, besides Deloitte who ask for 340 of you achieved a 2.2

Lazard, Credit Suisse, Rothschild

Posted from TSR Mobile

M&G for their investments internships
Original post by gsbs2
M&G for their investments internships

They do ones for first years?
Reply 8613
I know this may not be the best place to ask this but does anyone know what questions came up in Grant Thornton video interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
what are the commercial implications for icap in the current regulatory environment (250 words max)

Apart from technology growth and maybe cyber crime. Does any one what are the other comercial implications for ICAP in the current regulatory environment?
Old thread my bad
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello everyone! Is anybody here that took the advance finance module with Terence Tse? Can you help me with the study cases solutions? I got stuck. Thanks
Original post by MathsNerd1
Well one would be great, but I want to have the best possible chance when applying for summer internships and I feel like several would help me stand out, also hopefully they'll like the fact I'm taking a few extra courses relevant to the sector in my spare time. Not many people could have done the ICAEW CFAB, CISI Foundation module in Investment banking and securities and the claritas program before even starting a job in the sector

Hey,

I am strongly considering doing the claritas program but this has slightly concerned me:
http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/claritas-investment-certificate-cfa-institute-worth-taking-it

I know it's just a few people's opinion but if I had it on my cv and when I apply for first year internships in October (first year undergrad to start this fall) could they think I am only made for back office stuff? I was hoping it could only serve as a positive and I do intend to take the cfa programs once I am eligible in the future.

Anyone's thoughts please?
I think that no experience is bad experience. Whichever area of the bank you want to go into by trying other areas you can a)rule them out and decide that you're better suited to other roles and b)it'll give you a better overview of how all the departments work together. As long as you put positive spins like that on it in interviews as opposed to "I have experience here so I can only work in that area", then I don't foresee it being issue.
Original post by Rkai01
Hey,

I am strongly considering doing the claritas program but this has slightly concerned me:
http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/claritas-investment-certificate-cfa-institute-worth-taking-it

I know it's just a few people's opinion but if I had it on my cv and when I apply for first year internships in October (first year undergrad to start this fall) could they think I am only made for back office stuff? I was hoping it could only serve as a positive and I do intend to take the cfa programs once I am eligible in the future.

Anyone's thoughts please?

There's really not much point in taking this.. Especially if you're not already working in some form of equity research or analyst role at a hedge fund.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending