The Student Room Group

Is it ok to accept more than one place...

Before I say anything that probably sounds stupid to you, please take note that I have received no help at all from my friends or the school in making my decisions to go to sixth form/college.

Right now I've just done my GCSEs and I've accepted more than one offer for different colleges and sixth forms. I just want to know, is this still okay? Should I withdraw the applications for other places and just leave it at one? Many places have already set me times to go there on enrolment day and I'm honestly feeling so damn worried about the decision I made. The only reason I accepted more than one place was because I was afraid I wouldn't have the grades to go to a place like sixth form or something... So I'd end up in college...

Is it even okay to accept more than one place, and would they even mind if I suddenly decide to not want to go on enrolment day?

I probably sound so dumb rn lol this is late as hell too
You should only ever accept one place. Never 2. By accepting 2 you're taking up a place that someone else could have gotten when you could potentially not even end up going to that college/sixth form.

If I'm August you don't get the grades that the certain college/sixth form asked for the a levels then there's the option of calling up the other potential college to take you in. Many people who were in my year did that 3 years ago when after going to enrolment at one college, got told they won't take them in cos they were missing an odd B or A and a different college took them in and enrolled them a few days later
Reply 2
Original post by katherine9609
You should only ever accept one place. Never 2. By accepting 2 you're taking up a place that someone else could have gotten when you could potentially not even end up going to that college/sixth form.

If I'm August you don't get the grades that the certain college/sixth form asked for the a levels then there's the option of calling up the other potential college to take you in. Many people who were in my year did that 3 years ago when after going to enrolment at one college, got told they won't take them in cos they were missing an odd B or A and a different college took them in and enrolled them a few days later

Ah alright thanks for informing me!! But I don't understand what you mean by 'other potential college'? Do some colleges accept people without an offer?
Original post by wthjimin
Ah alright thanks for informing me!! But I don't understand what you mean by 'other potential college'? Do some colleges accept people without an offer?

Yes some will as long as they have spaces for the a levels you want to do. You then usually end up enrolling on the very last day as that's when they know what subjects have spaces for more people to come and which don't

Quick Reply

Latest