The Student Room Group

HELP NEEDED!!!! DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP vs FULL TIME STUDENT

I am an Indian guy who has interest to pursue uni in UK . I am in 12th grade now and I am in a confusion whether to choose degree apprenticeship or as a full time student. I am planning to take bsc in computer science and AI

I also need to know whether an international student can get a degree apprenticeship

Being an indian I only need to give my grades of 10th grade and predicted grades of 12th

Predicted grades will be mostly like 94%+(CBSE syllabus)(I have taken physics, chemistry, math, computer science and English)

My 10th grades(ICSE syllabus) are
1.Economics application - 95/100
2.Math - 95/100
3.Science(it's an average mark of physics, chemistry and biology) - 94/100
4. Social science (it's an average mark of history, civics and geography)-94/100
5. English - 87/100

The universities I wanted to apply are (For 2017 entry)
1.Imperial / UCL
2.Kings/St Andrews
3.University of Edinburgh
4.University of Manchester
5.University of Birmingham

Other shortlisted unis are
1.University of Warwick
2.University of Leeds

As I live in India I don't have a lot of resources to get to know more about this UCAS and UK universities. Thank-you in advance for those who are replying to the thread 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its unlikely that you will be able to apply for these new style degrees as they are essentially paid employment with study towards a degree, and are funded by the UK government, but I suggest you contact the Universities offering these degrees to check your eligibility.

Again, you need to contact each Uni to see if your qualifications are acceptable - each one will be different, And you need to think about how you are going to fund your degree.

Lots of advice about how to apply through UCAS :
UCAS - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track
TSR - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=20675-registering-and-using-ucas-apply
You should also contact your local British Council office for help and advice : https://www.britishcouncil.in/
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for your valuable reply. But i have attended a local british council exhibition conducted in my city couple of months ago where some of the unis whixh u wanted to get into like Birmingham and Warwick attended and after having a talk with their representatives I think I am way more than their capping to get into their uni (they have kept the capping as. 60 or 65% for indians if I am not wrong) so I need help whether I have a chance to get into the universities which I wanted to gain an entry with my acads

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
Thanks for your valuable reply. But i have attended a local british council exhibition conducted in my city couple of months ago where some of the unis whixh u wanted to get into like Birmingham and Warwick attended and after having a talk with their representatives I think I am way more than their capping to get into their uni (they have kept the capping as. 60 or 65% for indians if I am not wrong) so I need help whether I have a chance to get into the universities which I wanted to gain an entry with my acads

Posted from TSR Mobile

60-65 for undergrad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
I am an Indian guy who has interest to pursue uni in UK . I am in 12th grade now and I am in a confusion whether to choose degree apprenticeship or as a full time student. I am planning to take bsc in computer science and AI

I also need to know whether an international student can get a degree apprenticeship

Being an indian I only need to give my grades of 10th grade and predicted grades of 12th

Predicted grades will be mostly like 94%+(CBSE syllabus)(I have taken physics, chemistry, math, computer science and English)

My 10th grades(ICSE syllabus) are
1.Economics application - 95/100
2.Math - 95/100
3.Science(it's an average mark of physics, chemistry and biology) - 94/100
4. Social science (it's an average mark of history, civics and geography)-94/100
5. English - 87/100

The universities I wanted to apply are (For 2017 entry)
1.Imperial / UCL
2.Kings/St Andrews
3.University of Edinburgh
4.University of Manchester
5.University of Birmingham

Other shortlisted unis are
1.University of Warwick
2.University of Leeds

As I live in India I don't have a lot of resources to get to know more about this UCAS and UK universities. Thank-you in advance for those who are replying to the thread 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you should go to a british university fair held by british council or by idp, or edwise. Idp and edwise help you with ielts and the UCAS application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oops sorry actually it was 80 to 85%. Well I went to the meet of British council last year when they came to my city .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Send Emails to each uni (search for the Applications Contact) to find out your eligibility and make a plan there. Otherwise, send Emails to apprenticeship providers (e.g. the company giving the apprenticeship) to find out eligibility there.

Once you have an answer from a person, you can get a better picture of where you stand.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending