The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

So who is going to Southampton Solent in September 2016?

Scroll to see replies

Hii I'm a little late to this thread but Solent is my insurance choice for Fashion Promotion and Communication! :smile: anyone else?

H x
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 41
Hi all,

I am currently in Chantry right now just finishing off my first year, and it isn't half bad. Like all uni's, it is all down to the people you are staying with. The bathrooms are shared but the cleaners come every weekday, albeit the kitchens will get a bit messy by monday morning before the cleaners arrive, however that is to be expected of all residences.
Hello!
Is anyone doing beauty promotion and chosen Lucia Foster as their accommodation?
Reply 43
Original post by empty boxes
I've got a place on the fine art course :smile: Applying for either Deanery, Kimber or Hamwic halls, probably Deanery!

I've applied for all three of these as my top choices too :biggrin:
I chose Deanery as my #1 choice, potential flatmate!
Reply 44
Original post by Breadchuu
I've applied for all three of these as my top choices too :biggrin:
I chose Deanery as my #1 choice, potential flatmate!

Hey! Excited for university? What course you doing, I chose Deanery as well as my first accomodation choice too, though, so did many others, hopefully we'll be potential flatmates Ben! :biggrin: Only a few months left now..
Reply 45
Original post by TManners
Hey! Excited for university? What course you doing, I chose Deanery as well as my first accomodation choice too, though, so did many others, hopefully we'll be potential flatmates Ben! :biggrin: Only a few months left now..

I'm really excited to move in and meet everyone! There's a chance we could indeed be flatmates :biggrin:
I made sure to apply as soon as they opened, so hopefully I've got in :redface:

I'm so hyped about it that I keep watching university videos and vlogs, looking for as much information and what to expect.
I bet it's going to be so different to what I have in mind, but that's even more exciting!
Reply 46
I'm looking forward to it definitely, and I'm surprised how quickly it's approaching, so little time left until it's right here, and we're leaving home to stay with strangers, and soon to be, friends, for three years. :s Do you know how the floors worked in terms of accomodation? Does a flat consist of something like 6 people? I believe at least in Deanery, and it's just those 6 people staying on the same floor which classes them as flatmates?

Never said what course you were doing! :biggrin: And do you know when we receive our contracts back for the rooms in accommodation? My friend George and I (Tom, BTW, nice to meet you lol) plan on moving into Deanery, at least we hope like I said, though there's probably a chance we'll be split completely in different houses or something. What music do you like to listen to, and compose? :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 47
I'm looking forward to it definitely, and I'm surprised how quickly it's approaching, so little time left until it's right here, and we're leaving home to stay with strangers, and soon to be, friends, for three years. :s Do you know how the floors worked in terms of accomodation? Does a flat consist of something like 6 people? I believe at least in Deanery, and it's just those 6 people staying on the same floor which classes them as flatmates?

Never said what course you were doing! :biggrin: And do you know when we receive our contracts back for the rooms in accommodation? My friend George and I (Tom, BTW, nice to meet you lol) plan on moving into Deanery, at least we hope like I said, though there's probably a chance we'll be split completely in different houses or something. What music do you like to listen to, and compose? :redface:

I believe that Deanery is split into flats (which I assume means there's either 1 or 2 per floor) which consist of either 8 or 10 people, so there's going to be a good mix of people to meet and befriend! So I suppose you could call them flatmates :P

I'm going to be doing an Indie Games Design course, which I'm really excited about seeing as the college course I just finished was just an IT course with vague references to games development, and I was left very unsatisfied and disappointed, so I have high hopes for this new course :biggrin: How about yourself?

By contracts, do you mean our offers? If so, I think it should be some time in July, and they'll get back to you depending on when you applied. It would be cool if on the off chance we manage to get into the same flat!

I like to listen to indie rock for the most part. I'm partial to a bit of Mac Demarco :wink:
I compose very quirky music that I think could fit into games :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
I believe that Deanery is split into flats (which I assume means there's either 1 or 2 per floor) which consist of either 8 or 10 people, so there's going to be a good mix of people to meet and befriend! So I suppose you could call them flatmates :P

I'm going to be doing an Indie Games Design course, which I'm really excited about seeing as the college course I just finished was just an IT course with vague references to games development, and I was left very unsatisfied and disappointed, so I have high hopes for this new course :biggrin: How about yourself?

By contracts, do you mean our offers? If so, I think it should be some time in July, and they'll get back to you depending on when you applied. It would be cool if on the off chance we manage to get into the same flat!

I like to listen to indie rock for the most part. I'm partial to a bit of Mac Demarco :wink:
I compose very quirky music that I think could fit into games :biggrin:

Ah, yes, many people to befriend if there are 20 ish people to a floor! Many flatmates indeed.

Felt similarly in the course I'm currently finishing, Network Systems Support, barely related to networking, was mostly just IT support and other basic IT stuff. Going to be starting the course of Network Security Management, which should offer some excitement over what I previously accomplished, looking forward to the security side of it, should be interesting, I hope..

Yes, when we signed up for accomodation, we'd receive contracts back for our rooms once we'd responded to the university with our grades, have you done that already? Maybe we will, would be a fortunate coincidence :biggrin: It would be good to find out who's in which flat sooner rather than later, though, would save a lot of unnecessary items being brought, like having 6 toasters or something.. Though with that many people, it might come in handy..

Ah, Indie Game designer, huh :redface: The composing your own music must help a lot with that then, creating your own atmospheric ambience and all where necessary, I unfortunately don't know Mac Demarco, might have to give him a listen!
I'm really excited to move in and meet everyone! There's a chance we could indeed be flatmates :biggrin:
I made sure to apply as soon as they opened, so hopefully I've got in :redface:

I'm so hyped about it that I keep watching university videos and vlogs, looking for as much information and what to expect.
I bet it's going to be so different to what I have in mind, but that's even more exciting!

If you look at the Solent accomdation pages you can see a normal en-suite room bathroom and Kitchen in a kind of 360 picture I loved my time in Deanery it's one of my most treasured memory's.
Reply 50
Ah, yes, many people to befriend if there are 20 ish people to a floor! Many flatmates indeed.

Felt similarly in the course I'm currently finishing, Network Systems Support, barely related to networking, was mostly just IT support and other basic IT stuff. Going to be starting the course of Network Security Management, which should offer some excitement over what I previously accomplished, looking forward to the security side of it, should be interesting, I hope..

Yes, when we signed up for accomodation, we'd receive contracts back for our rooms once we'd responded to the university with our grades, have you done that already? Maybe we will, would be a fortunate coincidence :biggrin: It would be good to find out who's in which flat sooner rather than later, though, would save a lot of unnecessary items being brought, like having 6 toasters or something.. Though with that many people, it might come in handy..

Ah, Indie Game designer, huh :redface: The composing your own music must help a lot with that then, creating your own atmospheric ambience and all where necessary, I unfortunately don't know Mac Demarco, might have to give him a listen!

I assumed that we'd receive the offers of accommodation in July, and you have to pay £250 to accept. The website also says that the £250 will be refunded if you don't recieve the grades/don't get on the course on results day, giving me more reason to think they'll offer us rooms before results come in. Luckily I already know my final grade, so I'm all set for the next 2 months. They need to come sooner ;-;

I'm so hyped about moving in!
Reply 51
Original post by New- Emperor
If you look at the Solent accomdation pages you can see a normal en-suite room bathroom and Kitchen in a kind of 360 picture I loved my time in Deanery it's one of my most treasured memory's.

Ahh! Yes, I was looking at those pictures. It all looks so nice. I'm really really excited. What was the atmosphere like?
Ahh! Yes, I was looking at those pictures. It all looks so nice. I'm really really excited. What was the atmosphere like?

it was brilliant we all got on really well just one or two things DO NOT hide I. Your room in the first night there is what I remember being quite a good welcome night on the Sunday IN a local club if you are on the bottom floor you will have about 7 8 other people in your corridor these people became my best mates anything else you want to k ow just ask oh yeah o e more thing you got to Checkout the joiners for live music (I saw Aganst the Current there last November) and the OC is always fun any Night exept Monday.*
Hey guys :smile:

Are you still on to look out for your perfect accommodation in Southampton for September?

Have you considered looking into private accommodation in the city centre? If so, have a look at Vita Student Southampton!

We offer high end accommodation located right next to University of Southampton bus stops and only a 20 minute bus ride to the main campus! Absolutely everything is included, all bills, breakfast Monday - Friday, weekly cleaning service, 250mb of broadband and WiFi, gym membership, bedding pack, designer kitchen appliances, 32 inch smart tv and license and so much more!

If you want anymore information about Vita Student, please get in touch here!!

Sophie :smile:
https://www.vitastudent.com/about-us/the-experience/

Hey I saw your taking network security management! Finally found someone on the course!
Reply 55
No way! I thought myself and my friend were the only ones :biggrin: Cool! Yeah, likewise, finally another person :redface: Tell me everything about you xD
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 56
A bit late to the thread but after a couple of years out of education I've finally decided to head to uni.

I'll be studying Computer Games (Software Development) ~ as it was quite a rush for me getting everything sorted I unfortunately never had a chance to look around the Uni, mainly because of work, but also because I live a bit north of Manchester.

I tried applying for Deanery but the option went once I got back from holiday so went for Lucia Foster Welch. How's this accommodation for anyone who looked around/stayed there? :smile:
i will be starting my first year in september and have applied for queens gate at urba life
im doing computer games art
I'm gonna be studying Computer games (Indie) and have accepted my room offer at Chantry 425 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest