Yes that's right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nnblccz
Swear I got 1.8x10^11, which is basically the specific charge of an electron

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I got 1.81x10^11. You just re-arrange r=mv/Be solve for e/m
Original post by the_chosen_one97

Or you can use the 2V/B^2r^2 because they gave all data and answer was 1.9*10^11

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BigDaddy97
Yes that's right

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think i got them the other way round? wasnt specific heat capacity 2120? and the energy was 2490?
Original post by the_chosen_one97

Erm you didn't have v - the velocity - you had the potential through which they are accelerated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BigDaddy97
Or you can use the 2V/B^2r^2 because they gave all data and answer was 1.9*10^11
Yep , I got this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I got this
Original post by Ac19951
1.22x10^8 AU for the last question in Astrophysics anyone? I think i forgot to square root my answer.

Also what did you guys write for the first part of the CCD question? Regarding structure.

it was 2.4x10^14 AU
Surprisingly not too bad. Think I've made a few mistakes but that was a nice paper regardless
128MeV???????
Original post by aelahi23
Found the exam to easy quite. I did turning points for optional module

although one question threw me off, the 4 mark question in turning points that asked to find specific charge I got 2.1 * 10^8 what did other people get?

since F=Bev and F= Mv^2/r
I did equated them to each other then rearranged to get
e/m = v/Br

"v" mean velocity
"V" means PD

To find v (velocity) I did v=V/Br

so subbed in the v=V/Br into e/m = v/Br to get rid of velocity from the equation to get e/m= V/Br/Br
which simplified to e/m= V/ B^2 * r^2
Is that correct?

Section A was very easy so I don't have any queries about that

I used the equation eV = 1/2 mv^2
Gave me a velocity of something like 23989839. I then used this in the equation e/m = v/Br and it gave the right answer which is 1.8x10^11.
I think I did it the way you did to begin with but thought it obviously can't be that so changed it.. you should get a mark for the Unit provided you got that right ! Which to be fair is given on the formula sheet lmao
Original post by Sid1234
it was 2.4x10^14 AU

Me too!! Thank god :biggrin:
Original post by Mango Milkshake
128MeV???????

YES !
I wrote about Rutherford alpha scattering, wbu?
Original post by Mango Milkshake
128MeV???????

127.24 i got o.O
Original post by cowie
What were those questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was about the specfic capacity and latent for ice and water where the ice was raised from -25 to 0 degrees celcius
Original post by txnilxnur
Gave me a velocity of something like 23989839. I then used this in the equation e/m = v/Br and it gave the right answer which is 1.8x10^11.
I think I did it the way you did to begin with but thought it obviously can't be that so changed it.. you should get a mark for the Unit provided you got that right ! Which to be fair is given on the formula sheet lmao

Both methods will get the marks chill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sid1234
it was 2.4x10^14 AU

i got this as well
anyone can post the solution for turning point ?
Original post by txnilxnur

No you can't do it that way - you're using the electron charge and mass from the formula booklet which they wouldn't have had at the time! The question made it clear: use THIS data

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply