The Student Room Group

Finding it increasingly hard to find a job this summer- how about you?

I dunno about you guys, but in london I am finding it hard to find a job. ANy help please
Same
Reply 2
Same.
Reply 3
I guess just go into places like mc donalds, burger king and hand them your cv.... this is what I did to get my first proper job last summer
fefssdf

that doesnt work nowadays they say go online
Reply 5
Original post by scrawlx101
fefssdf

that doesnt work nowadays they say go online

well burger king had a poster actually on the door asking people to hand in their cv's and i handed mine in, and then a week later I had a job here- yes most places are online but you will find that some shops till accept cv's
thanks @fefssdf any other places youve applied that allow you to hand in cvs?
Reply 7
Original post by scrawlx101
thanks @fefssdf any other places youve applied that allow you to hand in cvs?

Last summer i literally thought one day ' i need a job' which was after applying for months online and not getting anywhere, so i went into my local town and just wondered into every shop going and handed in my cv, and then lucky for me i saw burger king wanted people so handed in my cv there as well... it does seem to be a bit of a luck game these days - just go into town and try and spot any posters advertising jobs - places like poundshops ect ? I hope you do get a job soon as i know what it feels like to be without one :/
Reply 8
You might have luck with recruitment agencies trying to get you temporary jobs :smile:
Original post by Inexorably
You might have luck with recruitment agencies trying to get you temporary jobs :smile:

applied to one called catapult but i feel that they are shitet- any other ones you know of?
Reply 10
You should try Primark, I applied to 2 stores on their website in London which have temporary summer roles
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
applied to one called catapult but i feel that they are shitet- any other ones you know of?

Try reed, indeed, totaljobs, office Angels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending