Well multiplied by the radius in order to get the torque so 3*11*cos(45)*0.125

yeah that :smile:

i couldnt show the kinetic energy as 2, so just used their value to find MoI

how many squares did you count in the pv diagram
55 for count rate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 902
Original post by philo-jitsu
Paper was decent except i stuggled with the photocell 6 marker for turning points

Also sat down in exam and opened up to find astrophysics paper lol...had to be sent out for 30 minutes until they printed of the correct paper!

Same thing happened to me, except I was supposed to be doing Astro and we got the Applied section instead. I think AQA must have messed up.
Anyone else almost cry with happiness at the astro 6 marker? Also what was that last question like ?????
Original post by McDerdactyl
I did a normal ray diagram with the converging lens being the eyepiece lens, the object between f and 2f and showed that the image formed was inverted, magnified and real. I also showed that the image was past 2f which would work with the values calculated.

And I wrote that it was real, some people said it said that in the question but it said the OBJECT was real. :smile:

Yeah i did that, kind of relieved. I thought maybe i read the question wrong
Original post by Yo12345
55 for count rate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

90 something, after adding 40 which was the background
Original post by particlestudent
90 something, after adding 40 which was the background

Oh, forgot to add it, probably lost 1 mark, unless you were supposed to exclude that, idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yo12345
55 for count rate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You had to add 40 back on as there would still be background detected by the detector, I think you'll only drop 1 mark
Anyone else almost cry with happiness at the astro 6 marker? Also what was that last question like ?????

Agree, total GIFT of a six marker. Was dreading the astro 6 marker after last year

last question was Dark energy. I think a lot of people wrote dark matter, but i dont think thats correct
the penultimate quasar question was weird. I did intensity formula and tried using ratios and i got in the range of 10^-7 metres. Definetely wrong
Original post by -jordan-
You had to add 40 back on as there would still be background detected by the detector, I think you'll only drop 1 mark

Fair enough :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yo12345
55 for count rate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should've been smaller because it was further away.

Holy **** that was such as easy 6 marker. The last question do you mean the weird quasar one or the VERY last one?

Original post by -jordan-

Oh lol didn't see background on it.
Original post by Manam786
Yeah i did that, kind of relieved. I thought maybe i read the question wrong

I was about to draw the normal adjustment thing first but i couldn't remember how to do it and I had 10 minutes spare at the end to go back and I'm glad I did because i realised it wasn't the normal adjustment thing ahaha
is there an unofficial mark scheme out yet?
Original post by Mango Milkshake
yeah that :smile:

i couldnt show the kinetic energy as 2, so just used their value to find MoI

how many squares did you count in the pv diagram

Well because it was rotating at constant speed you know the friction is equal to the force from the nozzle. So Ek=(friction force)*theta (work done against friction).

I counted 292 little squares i think...basically each square = 1 Pa*m^3. I think i ****ed that part though. Ended up with Area*2000*(2pi/60)/4 because it was a 4 stroke engine (I don't know if it should be 2). Not sure if its correct but ended up with an efficiency of around 0.3
Original post by Vikingninja
Should've been smaller because it was further away.

Holy **** that was such as easy 6 marker. The last question do you mean the weird quasar one or the VERY last one?

Oh lol didn't see background on it.

It was omg I wrote 2 and a half pages got a bit carried away ahaha! And I got the very last (Dark energy i think) it was the quasar inverse square law one I didn't even know where to start!

Not when I got blue being hot and red being cool the wrong way around.
Original post by Manam786
Agree, total GIFT of a six marker. Was dreading the astro 6 marker after last year

last question was Dark energy. I think a lot of people wrote dark matter, but i dont think thats correct
the penultimate quasar question was weird. I did intensity formula and tried using ratios and i got in the range of 10^-7 metres. Definetely wrong

I know same the one last year was awful! Sad there were no binary stars though or life cycle of a star bc i love those ahaha
I got the dark energy, it was that intensity one. I wrote I=I0/d^2 then I had no idea where to go from there :/
Original post by jonny7bell
Not when I got blue being hot and red being cool the wrong way around.

Omg nooooo easy mistake to make though, thank you conventional taps ahahah
Original post by GeorgiaAnne
I did! Thought it was v low considering water is about 4900

SHC for water is around 4200.
2100 is the right answer for ice !
Original post by 1lilypad1
We do medical physics. DID, that is :smile: unless we are in the same class

Posted from TSR Mobile

we did medical physics and im pretty sure we're not in the same class

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending