The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know when we will hear from St Johns Buildings post-first round?
Also unsuccessful from Bell Yard and also negative result from St Ives
Original post by Powertothepupil
Unsuccessful from 9-12 Bell Yard
I've just called round a few places and got the following replies:

Wilberforce (Hull): Members of their pupillage committee have been on holiday, so they're running behind and haven't given out first rounds yet. No indication of when we might hear but they're going to call me back.

1 Pump Court: Haven't given out first rounds, couldn't tell me anything further.

Blackfriars: We should hear "in the next couple of weeks" (how are they going to fit two rounds in?!).

Sorry this isn't more informative, but at least we know that the above haven't rejected by silence yet.
Original post by Bob boblaw
Central chambers anyone?

Nothing yet, hopefully in the next week or so.
Reply 2444
Original post by Mikey5566
Also unsuccessful from Bell Yard and also negative result from St Ives

How did you hear from St Ives?
Original post by Tiw.
How did you hear from St Ives?

Letter through the post, came this morning. If you are waiting all the best of luck.
Anyone with any experience at Outer Temple? I'd really appreciate some general pointers. Feel free to PM.
Hello all,

Congratulations to all of those with second round interviews!

You might remember that about a month ago, we posted the first part of our Pupillage Interviews Uncovered film, focusing on first round pupillage interviews. We've just finished putting together part II, which looks at legal & ethical problem questions in second round interviews. If you follow the link below, you can watch Annabel (future pupil at 29 Bedford Row), Richard (future pupil at 1 Chancery Lane) and Ayesha (future pupil at Pump Court Chambers) tackling typical second round interview questions with James Counsell (Head of Pupillage at Outer Temple Chambers) and Ed Connell (Chair of the Pupillage Committee at 5 St Andrew's Hill). It also features our very own BPTC Lead and Ethics Module Leader, Stephen Illingworth.

If you have any questions about the pupillage process, please do get in touch. Best of luck all!

[video="youtube;TEpVzf8tq_o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEpVzf8tq_o[/video]
St Ives 1st round out by phone 😃
Any general tips for topic of presentation in interview? Anyone been advised on topics to avoid/key qualities to demonstrate etc.?
For anyone who cares, I called 6kbw and they said they're emailing tomorrow morning.
Original post by hsthomas1
For anyone who cares, I called 6kbw and they said they're emailing tomorrow morning.

Did they confirm that they'd already sent out their offers?!?! 😛
Reply 2452
Anyone hear from Field Court?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 2266permit
Did they confirm that they'd already sent out their offers?!?! 😛

No they didn't but I'm assuming they have!
St John's (Bristol) JFF 2nd round interviews out

Has anyone been rejected by Lamb Buildings? Or is that a RBS?
Original post by PT78990
Nothing yet, hopefully in the next week or so.

central first rounds out by personal email*
Original post by gbpackers
St John's (Bristol) JFF 2nd round interviews out

Has anyone been rejected by Lamb Buildings? Or is that a RBS?

I haven't heard anything since the interview at Lamb Building so presumably RBS
Reply 2457
Original post by legaleagle2
I haven't heard anything since the interview at Lamb Building so presumably RBS

I mentioned a couple of pages back that I was being interviewed via Skype as I live in New Zealand and they had technical difficulties their end. My final interview is being rearranged for some time next week. I don't know if this is delaying things for others or not but possibly it is.
1GIS gateway status changed to first interview but no e-mail yet.
Original post by SFLaw
I mentioned a couple of pages back that I was being interviewed via Skype as I live in New Zealand and they had technical difficulties their end. My final interview is being rearranged for some time next week. I don't know if this is delaying things for others or not but possibly it is.

Ah okay thanks for letting me know. I assume they'll wait till after your interview then before making a final decision. Although I think I read previously that one person had already received an offer for pupillage from Lamb Building!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending