The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6120
Original post by Louis.
Yeah I'm a book ******

Do you recommend?

Are they the "A song of Ice and Fire" books?
Original post by Rk2k14
Kenan's just mad no one reps the sorry kent.

Lmao you deleted the post as well
Original post by SA-1
Do you recommend?

You may as well go for something different tbh, like Wheel of Time
Original post by SA-1
Do you recommend?

Yeah I really enjoyed them. Very long, you'll need to really commit.

It's pov chapters, so you get a Jon chapter and a Dany chapter and a Tyrion chapter etc etc, which is a bit of a different way to tell a story.

You'll have to consider the fact he might die before he finishes them though :colonhash:
Reply 6124
Original post by Kenan and Kel
You may as well go for something different tbh, like Wheel of Time

I miss reading

Are they better than GoT? I feel like there's a lot more to the story that hasn't been shown in he series
Reply 6125
Original post by Louis.
Yeah I really enjoyed them. Very long, you'll need to really commit.

It's pov chapters, so you get a Jon chapter and a Dany chapter and a Tyrion chapter etc etc, which is a bit of a different way to tell a story.

You'll have to consider the fact he might die before he finishes them though :colonhash:

A chapter a night for the rest of the year :wink:

Yeah bit annoying that. I do wonder how long they'll try and stretch this out for? They can so easily kill it..
Original post by SA-1
I miss reading

Are they better than GoT? I feel like there's a lot more to the story that hasn't been shown in he series

It's meant to be the daddy.

The first two GoT books are very similar to the TV show, but then it starts distancing itself.
Lovechild of Drake and The Hound

Reply 6129
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lmao you deleted the post as well

Got 13. Didn't want to lie:frown:
Reply 6130
Jon- recognized as a Stark by a girl who is named after his mother.

Dat symbolism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
I miss reading

I have an hour for lunch so I usually read but I've run out of books.

Nice idea about reading ASOIAF - do you know how many books there are so far?
Huge summer ahead. Giving our final buisness today before the end of the school year.

Over the summer we have a ton of special 1 off jobs that we have arranged to keep money flowing in.. but the biggest change we are making is that our buisness is re-locating.

We have outgrown our tiny office and classroom here, and have just agreed to move into a much larger nicer place, with good frontage onto a decent street. Going to be a big job and investment this summer moving everything, and purchasing a lot of new furniture / resources etc.. but hopefully it will be worth it!

Have a list a mile long of things that I need to do at the moment though.. very stressful, but watching your business grow is worth it.
Reply 6133
Original post by Lúcio
I have an hour for lunch so I usually read but I've run out of books.

Nice idea about reading ASOIAF - do you know how many books there are so far?

Not sure mate, I think there are 7
Original post by SA-1
Not sure mate, I think there are 7

Just ordered them

Only cost £30 with free delivery from The Works which isn't as bad as I expected tbh!!

#thatdisposableincometho
Reply 6135
Original post by Lúcio
Just ordered them

Only cost £30 with free delivery from The Works which isn't as bad as I expected tbh!!

#thatdisposableincometho

Order me one pls g xxxxxx
Reply 6136
Luke and SA.

Original post by SA-1
I miss reading

Of course the books are better than the tv show. The strength of the books series isn't the story in itself, it's the articulation which makes the story more compelling. After all certain aspects of the plot and westeros mechanics are very simple and basic at times. The books are VERY well written and crafted considering the scope of the ASOIAF universe.
Original post by SA-1
Order me one pls g xxxxxx

I'll sell them to you for £25 when I'm done yh? X

Latest