The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Craig1998
It is available 24 hours after the exam, so you should expect it in 14 hours or so.

aight, sweet
unofficial ms link anyone? Thanks!
https://gyazo.com/e1dde69183d84608ff91fda655af06e3

For this part, I accidentally integrated 5coshx - 4sinhx instead of 1/(5coshx-4sinhx)

How many marks should I get? 2/5? (for changing my limits and substituting it in, then subbing the original thing back in at the end?) I really hope I don't get 0/5 omg I'm really worried someone please tell me
Reply 1104
Original post by lawlieto
I hope you didn't do all the PtMP matrix multiplication ???

Hell yeah I did! xD
Also, A* grade boundary predictions anyone? Any chance that this paper be a 71/75 for A*? I'm so worried
Original post by kelvin1338
Also, A* grade boundary predictions anyone? Any chance that this paper be a 71/75 for A*? I'm so worried

I'd have said 69 A* tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Datta10
What grades do you need for uni ?

if i wanted the ideal option of taking a gap year and applying for ucl, imperial or warwick i would need A*A* in maths and further but now i can just tell that im gonna have to pick up all STEP and try do well in at least two of them to go to those universities, wbu what uni u planning to go to and what do u plan on doing?
Original post by blahblah21
Guys will this be enough for an A in Further maths:

FP1- 71 marks
FP2 - 57 marks
FP3 - 60 marks
S1 - 81 ums
S2 - 78 ums
M2 - 69 marks

i heard fp1 this year was pretty straight forward, so i think 71 will be 93UMS, 57 FP2 is what i think i got and assume it will be 75UMS FP3 i think 60 marks will be 78UMS and M2 69marks will be 92UMS so 93+75+78+92+81+78=497 so i think youre definitely getting an A well done
Guys, for the last question there was a part where it asked for the Cartesian equation of the plane however I wrote in wrong in that buy however, we needed it in the second part which I found it correctly so will I lose out on marks?
Original post by Hineshtailor
Guys, for the last question there was a part where it asked for the Cartesian equation of the plane however I wrote in wrong in that buy however, we needed it in the second part which I found it correctly so will I lose out on marks?

Basically what I did for the Cartesian equation of the plane, I used the Cartesian equation of the line instead by accident however in the next part I actually found the Cartesian of the plane ??
Basically what I did for the Cartesian equation of the plane, I used the Cartesian equation of the line instead by accident however in the next part I actually found the Cartesian of the plane ??

Does anyone also remember how many marks it was, the QUESTIONNWAS to the find the Cartesian equation of the plane pi2
Does anyone also remember how many marks it was, the QUESTIONNWAS to the find the Cartesian equation of the plane pi2

It was 2 marks for that part of the last question, part b i think.
Do you guys think that 73/75 will be 100 ums in the ial F3 paper?
Original post by MarocMan
i heard fp1 this year was pretty straight forward, so i think 71 will be 93UMS, 57 FP2 is what i think i got and assume it will be 75UMS FP3 i think 60 marks will be 78UMS and M2 69marks will be 92UMS so 93+75+78+92+81+78=497 so i think youre definitely getting an A well done

love you bro cheers (:
Original post by Inges
Hell yeah I did! xD

That takes ages :biggrin: You have to calculate normalised eigenvectors, and the columns of P will be the normalised eigenvectors, and D will be simply the eigenvalues down the leading diagonal and everything else is 0.
I'm sure you already know that by now?
Has anyone got the questions (not just the answers)?
Original post by Inges
Hell yeah I did! xD

LOL you know D is just the eigen values in the diagonal xD and that P is the normalised eigenvectors :biggrin: I think i got 100 ums something i've wanted for quite a while xD suprised it would be in fp3 tho
do the As modules matter as much? i did m1,d1,fp1,fp2,fp3,m2 - for my a level modules should definitely be above 90 ums but not sure for the As modules I kinda screwed up d1
Chances of me getting an A* in Further Maths, anyone?
D2 (taken last year) - 90UMS
FP3 - 72/75
FP2 - 66/75

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending