The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smartalan73
Maths offer: So having basically finished all my exams I reckon I've got A*A*AB (A in chemistry, B in physics) and S,2,2 in STEP I/II/III and my offer was A*A*A (A in physics) and 1,1 in STEP II/III. So if this is actually what I've got (and I like to think I'm being more pessimistic than optimistic) what are my chances of still being accepted?

I'm fairly sure I predicted your scores for you on the thread, and you most certainly haven't got 2, 2?
Original post by physicsmaths
Chill. Go hang out with some friends go out for a meal. Chill for a few weeks then start IA thas what im doing. But you can di whatever you want lol.

My friends don't go out for meals...

Spoiler

Original post by EnglishMuon
So when is this ASoM /Ia thread being made? (if it hasnt already) :smile:

Not right away, exams have just finished, most people want a bit of a break. :lol:
Original post by Mathemagicien
My friends don't go out for meals...

Spoiler

You nested the spoilers.
Proper mathmo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
Not right away, exams have just finished, most people want a bit of a break. :lol:

Can I make it? Or do you need the OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
Can I make it? Or do you need the OP?

I had a specific plan for the OP so if you don't mind waiting for a few hours or so, I'd be grateful if you'd let me post it. :smile:
Original post by Zacken
I'm fairly sure I predicted your scores for you on the thread, and you most certainly haven't got 2, 2?

Having looked at the step III solutions I didn't do quite as well as I thought/said I'd done and some of my 'full solutions' were lacking in places. I also came out of step II feeling I'd done really badly, thinking I got a 2 or maybe 3, so it surprised when your prediction was that high. I'm also kind of trying to think worst case scenario to not get my hopes up too much if it is that bad.
Original post by Zacken
I had a specific plan for the OP so if you don't mind waiting for a few hours or so, I'd be grateful if you'd let me post it. :smile:

No problem. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Done, finally. Physics could have gone a little better but meh, I think I've made my offer.

Doing IPhO training, then the Olympiad itself more or less continuously until mid July. Will look at IA round and about, but lots of other stuff to do; going out for an end of exams meal with my FM class tonight, and I have a fair backlog of non-maths books to read... finally have time to indulge my love of postmodern literature which started to develop just before exams. Might also look into practising my Italian, DofE Gold expedition, antique clock design, and assorted Lib Dem things... shall be surprised if I fit any of this in. But I can have a go; let's just try and get some good stories to tell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! What u gonna look at first? My plan is to the the first intro example sheet today/tomorrow then do the that A.F Beardon book properly :smile:
From what me and the other steppers have predicted Duke has got 1,2,1 or 1,1,1 :smile:. He has got in for sure, unfortunately that may not the problem for him due to the international funding problems.

Original post by Duke Glacia
2,2,2 my prediction

pm ive recalculated everything. And true intl funding is a problem and im waiting for a reply on scholarship

Even 2,2,2 (which you didn't get) would be enough for engineering.

Good luck raising the funds :smile:
Original post by Krollo
antique clock design,

FFS

Are you recreating a Harrison chronometer?
Original post by Mathemagicien
If you find it, please tag me in it!

If it doesn't exist yet, there's nothing stopping you from making it :wink:

Tag me in it too.
Original post by Krollo

finally have time to indulge my love of postmodern literature which started to develop just before exams. Might also look into practising my Italian, DofE Gold expedition, antique clock design, and assorted Lib Dem things... shall be surprised if I fit any of this in. But I can have a go; let's just try and get some good stories to tell

Posted from TSR Mobile

mate this isnt the hobbies section of your CV, also I don't see any good stories there
Original post by EnglishMuon
Yay! What u gonna look at first? My plan is to the the first intro example sheet today/tomorrow then do the that A.F Beardon book properly :smile:

You've got Beardon already? Damn, that is the best textbook you can get for Groups and V&M. I am buying Beardon today through Amazon, and it's probably gonna arrive in a few days. But I am gonna start lecture notes on V&M today though.

Why are you doing the intro example sheet? I feel like it would be best to start with V&M, the intro is kind of just STEP questions as a warmup during Fresher's week.

I asked my Maths teacher what to start with, and which books to buy. He recommended me to work through Beardon and to start with V&M and then Groups, and then if I get the time do some Analysis I. Beardon is the recommended book for both V&M and Groups btw. Also, I was pretty happy that he offered me to do supervisions with me after I start working through example sheets for V&M. :smile:

It's looking to be a great summer! :biggrin:
You've got Beardon already? Damn, that is the best textbook you can get for Groups and V&M. I am buying Beardon today through Amazon, and it's probably gonna arrive in a few days. But I am gonna start lecture notes on V&M today though.

Why are you doing the intro example sheet? I feel like it would be best to start with V&M, the intro is kind of just STEP questions as a warmup during Fresher's week.

I asked my Maths teacher what to start with, and which books to buy. He recommended me to work through Beardon and to start with V&M and then Groups, and then if I get the time do some Analysis I. Beardon is the recommended book for both V&M and Groups btw. Also, I was pretty happy that he offered me to do supervisions with me after I start working through example sheets for V&M. :smile:

It's looking to be a great summer! :biggrin:

Beardons is gr8 I got it earier this year. Your so behind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well ive already done Numbers and sets since i knew it all for IMO camp. :wink: your the one behind. I havent even opened the notes yet cause Numbers n sets is easyyyy.
Mate, you didnt even wait the bus ride home. Bludy hell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol that doesn't count
Original post by gasfxekl
Lol that doesn't count

Why.
Still a course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studentwoom
mate this isnt the hobbies section of your CV, also I don't see any good stories there

The sad thing is you're probably right.

The sadder thing is you've got nothing better to do than troll on TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studentwoom

Init what a showoff. Hate krollo.
****ing 100ums kid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending