The Student Room Group

I'm 23 and he's 20 - is it weird?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by __0__
That is a tad weird mate

piss off you dumb piece of **** who has a mind produced by society and cant think for himself.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you think it weird if you knew a 23 year old girl dating a 20 year old guy? It's early days but I do really like him. I am self-conscious though about the fact I'm older... and how others are going to see it if we get into a relationship. A part of me is paranoid he might want me for lad points (because of my age).
So yeah - please be honest in your replies, and not just PC because you think you should.
Thanks

Not at all, I was 20 and my ex was almost 25 when we got together. We had a long and happy relationship that only ended because of the fact that we were so far apart in the end and we are still friends now. Age is simply a number and everyone acts differently, I know 18 year olds who are more mature than some 30 year olds and vice versa. If you like him, then it's worth a try! 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
That seems alright as you are both pretty mature. There isn't as large a gap between those 2 ages as there is between 20 and 17 in regards to maturity for example. The 17 year old might be a bit more idealistic and full of emotion and sheltered compared to the 20 year old
I think it's weird only if you think it is.
if you are in love then age is not important
Original post by __0__
That is a tad weird mate

explains why he posted anonymous lol
Would you think it weird if you knew a 23 year old girl dating a 20 year old guy? It's early days but I do really like him. I am self-conscious though about the fact I'm older... and how others are going to see it if we get into a relationship. A part of me is paranoid he might want me for lad points (because of my age).
So yeah - please be honest in your replies, and not just PC because you think you should.
Thanks

when I was in year 11 I was seeing someone who was in year 13 lol so yeh age is pretty irrelevant as long as you have that magic spark hahaha
Original post by __0__
Half your age (23/2=11.5) plus seven (11.5+7=18.5) is the minimum non-creepy age you can date, so yes, 23 and 20 is absolutely fine

4/2 = 2+7 = 9 that's weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by __0__
Half your age (23/2=11.5) plus seven (11.5+7=18.5) is the minimum non-creepy age you can date, so yes, 23 and 20 is absolutely fine

Amen to that

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively have an age gap of 10 years or something, so you're probably fine.
Reply 50
Original post by Sacred Ground
4/2 = 2+7 = 9 that's weird

Posted from TSR Mobile

A 4 year old wouldn't be dating. Relationships only really count once you hit 13 or 14

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Nothing strange at all enjoy the journey of the relationship.
Thanks
Hello :h:. I don't think it is weird at all and don't think it matters in any way as you like him! :smile: I wouldn't worry about what others think and doubt they should think of anything negative. Try not to worry or feel paranoid and how does he feel about you (if you know)? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending