The Student Room Group

A Summer of Maths (ASoM) 2016

Scroll to see replies

@Zacken that OP is really amazing. You seem to have put it a great deal of work into it and it shows through clearly.

I'm beginning with V&M but I'll probably use the resources your OP has consolidated so nicely well into my time at Cam.

Thanks so very much. :smile: :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Kadak
Thanks,for a bit of geopolitical balance how about adding a course of theoretical physics from Soviet physicist Lev Landau :tongue:!
https://archive.org/search.php?query=creator:%22L.D.+Landau+%26+E.M.+Lifshitz%22

Cheers. :tongue:

By the way,do you have any resources on mathematical biology :smile:?

This is a bit high-level but you may be able to struggle through?
Commenting to be kept in the loop!
Original post by Zacken
Cheers. :tongue:

This is a bit high-level but you may be able to struggle through?

Thanks,while very high level indeed,still useful for giving an idea of what area of maths are useful biologists :yy:.
Well done Zacken for the fantastic OP !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 25
Maybe if I fail that module I screwed up I can participate too..
If you're a ****ing madhead try this
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~hooft101/theorist.html

@Insight314 you up for it?
Original post by Number Nine
If you're a ****ing madhead try this
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~hooft101/theorist.html

@Insight314 you up for it?

I've been doing this all my life m8 (not exactly from that link but you know what I mean).Btw, are you doing IA? I am currently working through the V&M lecture notes since my Beardon textbook ("Algebra and Geometry" ) will only arrive on 30th.
I can tell I'll be spending a lot of time round here over summer :smile:
Original post by Insight314
I've been doing this all my life m8 (not exactly from that link but you know what I mean).Btw, are you doing IA? I am currently working through the V&M lecture notes since my Beardon textbook ("Algebra and Geometry" ) will only arrive on 30th.

dunno ill see what books i can get cheap
Reply 31
Original post by Duke Glacia
First non mathmo, yesssssss

gonna lurk here as well :ninja:

Spoiler

Original post by Ayman!
gonna lurk here as well :ninja:

Spoiler

One day we'll make a "A Summer of Engineering" aka ASoE thread
One day.......
One day...............:colondollar:

Jusy got the Beardon. It's lovely
@13 1 20 8 42, @Zacken, @Mathemagicien, @physicsmaths,

Do you guys know why Dexter's notes are incomplete, and where can I find ones which are fully complete?

Page 10 of V&M lecture notes is missing the proof to the theorem. Or is that left as an exercise to the reader? :rofl:
Original post by krishdesai7
Jusy got the Beardon. It's lovely

So many people got the Beardon, and I don't. I am furious! :angry:

I will have it in two days though. :h:
Reply 36
Page 10 of V&M lecture notes is missing the proof to the theorem. Or is that left as an exercise to the reader? :rofl:

Do we have the same notes? Page 10 of mine seems to have the proof, albeit the proof is above the theorem.
@13 1 20 8 42, @Zacken, @Mathemagicien, @physicsmaths,

Do you guys know why Dexter's notes are incomplete, and where can I find ones which are fully complete?

You might want to try Dr Cawley's noted for V&M. Those are the ones I'm using for the most part, and they're really very good
Original post by Zacken
Do we have the same notes? Page 10 of mine seems to have the proof, albeit the proof is above the theorem.

I was talking about the second theorem, I know the first theorem has its proof above the theorem. But now I just realised that the second theorem also has its proof above the theorem, lol. Sorry about that.
Reply 39
I was talking about the second theorem, I know the first theorem has its proof above the theorem. But now I just realised that the second theorem also has its proof above the theorem, lol. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I was talking about the second one as well. :tongue: S'alright - I can see how that'd be confusing.

FWIW, I'd advise trying to prove everything yourself in at least the beginning portions of the notes - they should be easily provable with your existing knowledge.

Quick Reply

Latest