The Student Room Group

Corbyn loses Vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thutmose-III
The poll? There were numerous polls, including three whose final polls predicted a Leave win.

Except that Corbyn isn't winning new supporters. It was the first opposition for 30 years to lose seats in local council elections. Steptoe is completely useless

That is really good then, isn't it?
A mere 3 polls out of how many? The polls both said different things who do you believe? There will be polls predicting Corbyn will win again. Just remember nobody expected him to win.

I never liked Labour actually and I only like it because of Corbyn if he is gone then the next best out of the rest are the tories isn't it? If you research there are others who support labour only because of him. I didn't understand some words so cannot comment on them. :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Kryptonian
Do you want another referendum??
And the poll was wrong stop talking rubbish.

Yes Labour has been losing because nobody likes them anymore but now Corbyn has come labour has new supporters. We want this new sort of politics

Have a look for yourself at the polls for the referendum - they showed a neck and neck race for many weeks prior to the vote, which was effectively the case by the end. In any case, are you a remainer? If you want another referendum you do not want Corbyn as leader. He is now widely quoted as being a closet leaver and his performance in the Remain campaign has been proven to be dire and detrimental to the campaign. Why was it that the areas that most wanted to leave the EU were northern heartlands dominated by Labour?

Corbyn's "new supporters" are the hard-left part of the electorate that left Labour under Blair and have in any case moved back from the Greens. That "New Support" does not mitigate the amount he has lost in the Labour Party. From any pundit Labour in its current state will lose any upcoming election very badly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrJAKEE
Have a look for yourself at the polls for the referendum - they showed a neck and neck race for many weeks prior to the vote, which was effectively the case by the end. In any case, are you a remainer? If you want another referendum you do not want Corbyn as leader. He is now widely quoted as being a closet leaver and his performance in the Remain campaign has been proven to be dire and detrimental to the campaign. Why was it that the areas that most wanted to leave the EU were northern heartlands dominated by Labour?

Corbyn's "new supporters" are the hard-left part of the electorate that left Labour under Blair and have in any case moved back from the Greens. That "New Support" does not mitigate the amount he has lost in the Labour Party. From any pundit Labour in its current state will lose any upcoming election very badly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

His party is responsible , the stupid MPs resigning who then complain, Corbyn isn't. These MPs have caused all these problems.
Yes he can win an election. He has loads of supporters actually. Most the MPs and media never liked him anyway so what did you expect? It is the members that elected him! What is the point in supporting him if you want him to resign? Why should he betray his supporters by resigning and he has absolutely no reason to.

He is only losing support for Labour, England is too right-wing now for his social democratic views, UKIP will clearly gain support as a result of the EU referendum and I just don't think Corbyn will convince the country that he is the next PM. He has supporters but he is not going to win elections, he's not got the leadership qualities needed, he is a rebel against the establishment who is now almost at the centre of the establishment now. He has a pretty good reason to resign, he can't even fill a shadow cabinet, all these experts in the Labour Party know he can't win elections.
Original post by MrJAKEE

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can support Remain and still support Corbyn even if he secretly wants to leave, who cares. He is a great person who I think will help our country. He will help people who are less fortunate in our society and that is what matters.
Reply 65
One of the toughest tests of Leadership is keeping the team on board in difficult circumstances. Principled and intelligent but not streetwise. See his point about not deserting the Labour supporters who elected him, but this can never work out well. I reckon a leadership contest where he loses is the likely outcome and perhaps the best way forward to some sense of settlement and unity.
Breaking News!

Liz McInnes, the Shadow Communities and Local Government Minister, who backed Jeremy Corbyn in the no confidence motion only a few hours ago, has now resigned and put out a statement saying he must now stand down.
Original post by Shadow Hunters
He is only losing support for Labour, England is too right-wing now for his social democratic views, UKIP will clearly gain support as a result of the EU referendum and I just don't think Corbyn will convince the country that he is the next PM. He has supporters but he is not going to win elections, he's not got the leadership qualities needed, he is a rebel against the establishment who is now almost at the centre of the establishment now. He has a pretty good reason to resign, he can't even fill a shadow cabinet, all these experts in the Labour Party know he can't win elections.

Baseless opinions in your post.

He does not have a good reason to resign when so many support him. The MPs are ruining their own party themselves. Blame them for the destruction.
Breaking News!

Liz McInnes, the Shadow Communities and Local Government Minister, who backed Jeremy Corbyn in the no confidence motion only a few hours ago, has now resigned and put out a statement saying he must now stand down.

How do you know?
How do you know?

How do I know she stood down? It's all over the news. It was on the Guardian live feed, announced on BBC News, etc.
How do I know she stood down? It's all over the news. It was on the Guardian live feed, announced on BBC News, etc.

Oh it is all propaganda
It was quite funny when Corbyn decided to show off his new shadow cabinet to Sky News earlier today. Seated directly to his left was Tom Watson, who wants his job and thinks he should step down, and directly to his right was Cat Smith, a hardcore Corbynite who is under investigation for electoral finance offences.

He then said, in front of the cameras, to Milne "Seumas I don't think this is a good idea". He pushed the cameras out, and when they were allowed back in both Watson and Cat Smith were nowhere to be seen :lol:

Typical steptoe shambles
You can support Remain and still support Corbyn even if he secretly wants to leave, who cares. He is a great person who I think will help our country. He will help people who are less fortunate in our society and that is what matters.

He won't be able to help them because he won't get elected. If he stands in an election as leader it'll be the 1997 landslide in reverse.
Original post by JamesN88
He won't be able to help them because he won't get elected. If he stands in an election as leader it'll be the 1997 landslide in reverse.

Why and what is that?
There will be polls predicting Corbyn will win again. Just remember nobody expected him to win.

Which poll? There have been no polls showing Corbyn ahead.

I never liked Labour actually and I only like it because of Corbyn if he is gone then the next best out of the rest are the tories isn't it?

If you are so politically confused that you would support Corbyn but then vote for Tories if he wasn't leader then I'm unsure if there's much for us to discuss. It would seem that you're interested more in personalities than actual policy
Which poll? There have been no polls showing Corbyn ahead.

If you are so politically confused that you would support Corbyn but then vote for Tories if he wasn't leader then I'm unsure if there's much for us to discuss. It would seem that you're interested more in personalities than actual policy

Of course policies matter and I can't vote yet I'm 16.:smile:
Baseless opinions in your post.

He does not have a good reason to resign when so many support him. The MPs are ruining their own party themselves. Blame them for the destruction.

Yeah he does have a good reason to resign, his leadership was tested in the Eu referendum and he failed, Labour heartlands votes leave and he was completely detached and lacked passion throughout the campaign. MP's in their professional opinion cannot see him winning an election nor can senior Labour people like Alistair Campbell. Corbyn is making the party more divided by staying. They need a leader who can unite them and that's not Corbyn, you know that! But it's not like the other options are great for leadership either if I'm honest. :s-smilie:
Why and what is that?

In 1997 Labour led by Blair virtually wiped out the Tories in the general election who didn't even win a single seat outside of England. Corbyn lives in a London bubble and simply can't connect with the Labour heartlands who are turning to UKIP.

If we're lucky we'd end up with a Tory majority or if we're unlucky it'd be a Tory and UKIP coalition.
hopefully a lot refuse to work for him so he can't put a cabinet together. Can't stand the arrogant, foreigner loving ****

Quick Reply