Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireBLue97
Hi thanku was this a three marker btw

Uh I think so, could even have been 2.
Original post by Euclidean
I hope I got a few.

Yeah that's the right place

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry do u know roughly what the questions are for section a nuclear please really need to know this
Original post by Shrek1234
Your answer for the very first question doesn't seem right. It said the length of the telescope, so you had to add it to the other value.
Do you remember what the other values were?

No sorry but I remember adding it in the first question, perhaps I calculated it wrong :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Original post by FireBLue97
Sorry i was wondering if it would be possible if u could post ur answers or even the questions for the nuclear section A please

Sorry I can't really remember everything off the top of me head. If someone posted the questions I could possibly remember my answers but I'm not confident enough in Physics to do a mark scheme :P
Original post by Duskstar
Uh I think so, could even have been 2.

Cool Thank you and could u post some of ur worded answers up please just for section A nuclear
Original post by Euclidean
I hope I got a few.

Yeah that's the right place

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you should get marks for KE and moment of inertia reference for sure

Good good haha
was there an accuracy question of 5 minutes recording and then greater for 0.9 0.1 count rate question what was the answer 4 this
On astro what did everybody get as the star furthest away from Earth?
Reply 1088
Can anyone remember any of questions? Maybe we can slowly build an unofficial MS.

1a was working out a de Broglie wavelength.
1b working out a nuclear radius given a formula and a graph of intensity.
1c? 6 marker on the the Rutherford scattering experiment.
Original post by B24
Can anyone remember any of questions? Maybe we can slowly build an unofficial MS.

1a was working out a de Broglie wavelength.
1b working out a nuclear radius given a formula and a graph of intensity.
1c? 6 marker on the the Rutherford scattering experiment.

2a working out the count rate, 2b was explaining why they may wish to record for a longer time, 2c was explaining how to test for beta emission.

3a was explaining the graph, 3b explaining energy difference in fission/fusion, 3c calculating mass defect, 3d binding energy, 3e was explaining how you'd find it from the graph.

4a Calculating volume, 4b calculating mols, 4c calculating density. 4d was explaining relationship between temperature and kinetic energy.

5a was latent heat of fusion, 5b the energy available to cool the ice, 5c calculating the heat capacity.
Original post by jamiemok
What was question 1a?

It was the one with the focal lengths and you had to calculate the total length of the telescope
Out of curiosity how are gb decided for this unit? Do they take into account everyone's section A regardless of option and then somehow account for the option paper later on or what
Original post by ebolaboy
ohh **** when you found the distance of the object with 1/f=1/u+1/v it was a virtual image wasnt it>?

No its still a real image
Original post by C0balt
Out of curiosity how are gb decided for this unit? Do they take into account everyone's section A regardless of option and then somehow account for the option paper later on or what

I believe they put the marks in a hat and do a lucky dip.
Original post by C0balt

The Grade A and Grade E boundaries are set separately for the Nuclear/Thermal paper and each of the option papers. They are added together to give the Grade A and Grade E boundaries for the unit as a whole (depending on which option you took). Then the rest of the boundaries (A*, B-D) are then automatically calculated.
Any thoughts on the gb for the nuclear paper?
A around 27?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think towards the higher end of that, was 60-62 last year depending on options and the first section was alright so I'd expect similar.
Original post by jonny7bell
On astro what did everybody get as the star furthest away from Earth?

It was the 3rd star because it had the largest radius and temperature but had the dimmest apparent magnitude.
Original post by hamz10
It was the 3rd star because it had the largest radius and temperature but had the dimmest apparent magnitude.

Yeah I think I got that, the one with the temperature so it must have had the higher power output, but had the lowest apparent magnitude.
for the mass defect, i didn't see the more accurate atomic unit values for protons and neutrons so i used the 1.673 and 1.675 *10*-27 kg respectively - how many marks will i lose for this due to lack of accuracy -(i got 125 instead of 128 mev due to the said lack of accuracy)

Sorry I'm very worried any help appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending