The Student Room Group

Girlfriend + My Dad = Issues :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2016_GCSE
But she never knew where I lived until I took her to see my dad as he said he wouldn't mind her coming over.

Are you sure you've got the last three words of that sentence in the right order?

Face facts - she loves him.
Reply 41
Original post by TeachChemistry
Are you sure you've got the last three words of that sentence in the right order?

Face facts - she loves him.

I just wanted her to see my dad and thought it was about time. And my dad makes a mess of the meet up.
But my dad could be the difference between us getting back together and I need some advice on how to get here back to me.

think about whos more valuable to u.....ur gf or ur dad??

if u were in ur dads position would u let ur son dae someone you dont want him to date??
Maybe you should talk to her.
Reply 44
Original post by tasha_tah
think about whos more valuable to u.....ur gf or ur dad??

if u were in ur dads position would u let ur son dae someone you dont want him to date??

My dad did not even get to talk with my GF so he must have just judged her by the cover.

I honestly think that if I got any more GF's this would just repeat.

If I was dad I would at least ask some questions and get to know them a little first.
Reply 45
Original post by saraxh
Maybe you should talk to her.

I would but what do I say?

I feel like talking to her is a fragile path.
I would but what do I say?

I feel like talking to her is a fragile path.

Spoiler

Reply 47
Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

I will probably try but I honestly don't think it will bridge the gap between her and my dad.
My dad did not even get to talk with my GF so he must have just judged her by the cover.

I honestly think that if I got any more GF's this would just repeat.

If I was dad I would at least ask some questions and get to know them a little first.

text ur girlfriend, if not........then approach ur dad n tell him what u think!!
I will probably try but I honestly don't think it will bridge the gap between her and my dad.

Man stfu.
Reply 50
text ur girlfriend, if not........then approach ur dad n tell him what u think!!

Well I guess I can talk to my dad.
Original post by ZuluK
Premature ejaculation in his sons girlfriend

Just say

The comedy is in the subtlety. It's called a double ententre.

At least, it is for now. Post-Brexit the French will reclaim the expression just to punish us.
(edited 7 years ago)

Is he very strict?
Reply 53
Original post by saraxh
Is he very strict?

Very. He barely takes any advice from anyone and has some strict rules in the house.
Well I guess I can talk to my dad.

problem solvedd?

ps; just wanted to help :wink:
Reply 55
problem solvedd?

ps; just wanted to help :wink:

Depends if he will listen to me or carry on his own way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OGGUS
I thought you were a girl in a lesbian relationship and then found out your a guy... Awkward :colone:
And btw both are sinful.
Anyways hope you get over her.

Sinning is where it's at.
Apologise to her on behalf of your dad and then talk to your father if you're actually serious x

Good Luck, InshAllah hope it turns out good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have known this girl for a year now and she has never seen my parents in that time.

So I decided to take her to home yesterday and my dad was not happy. He knew I had a girlfriend and he said I could bring her over so I did, and when my girlfriend was there for just 1 minute my dad shouted "GET OUT OF MY HOME YOU SL**"

My girlfriend ran out the house saying "Bye" to me. :frown:

What should I do??? I doubt she will still be in the mood for a relationship. It was going so well up until she had seen my dad rage out.

Can you describe what happened in details, you basically just gave us a few crappy cutscenes and asked us how to make it better. All we can think in our heads are 2 males and 1 female in the same house and the elder male told the female to get out. Maybe tell us more about background stories about your father and girlfriend, what your girlfriend was wearing at that time and things they have said. They could help us to visualize what have gone wrong in that situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending