The Student Room Group

Disqualified from exam

I know someone who was disqualified from their exam on a specific board for 2 years. does that mean that the student can resit that whole year with another exam board or is it banned from all exams?
Reply 1
Original post by xzaiinab786
I know someone who was disqualified from their exam on a specific board for 2 years. does that mean that the student can resit that whole year with another exam board or is it banned from all exams?

It depends on the terms of the disqualification, but if it's just one exam board then they could take exams with a different exam board.
You would have to look at the disqualifcation letter.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
It depends on the terms of the disqualification, but if it's just one exam board then they could take exams with a different exam board.

thankyou!
If you get disqualified, it's for all exams from that exam board. The person could switch exam boards but the knowledge content required for the examination varies in different exam boards.
Reply 5
Original post by RamPaigeTheSky
If you get disqualified, it's for all exams from that exam board. The person could switch exam boards but the knowledge content required for the examination varies in different exam boards.

the person is doing A2 level subjects so if they resit A2 with another exam board whilst having their AS results. is that allowed?
Reply 6
the person is doing A2 level subjects so if they resit A2 with another exam board whilst having their AS results. is that allowed?

You would need to check with the new exam board. It can be OK, but sometimes the syllabuses aren't compatible.

Generally it's okay because AS and A2 are two separate exams. Some schools switch exam boards after AS [my school did that this year]. But it does depend on the exam board. Still, content will possibly be different although when it does come to AS and A2, the content in the various exam boards are a lot more similar compared to the GCSE content from different exam boards.

Quick Reply

Latest