The Student Room Group

Would you date a girl who doesn't drink alcohol/rarely drinks?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
Very much so. I'm virtually T-total myself due to alcohol intolerance, and lettuce be real tea: drunken 'party girls' are rarely date-worthy :top2:

But you'd **** em for a night though. Don't lie.
You sound perfect minus the cuddling with your dogs part. I hate dogs :angry:
Yes.

Spoiler

I don't drink or smoke either so that would be ideal for me to be honest! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Yea Ive never put myself on dating sites or anything as ive always thought most people on there are just after casual sex etc. Id rather meet someone in person but maybe i should give online a try. Im glad things are different for you since you opened up a bit more ha.

You really should.

You will get loads of cringey messages. You really will. and they will make you feel icky. But just ignore them. 1liners. Ignore them. You will get the occasional cute/romantic/novel paragraph initial message ( assuming you care enough to actually fill out your profile and describe yourself properly) and that will be enough to know whether you should bother to talk to someone. See if you can talk to them via chat for at least a week or two without losing interest before meeting them. Then have a simple coffee shop date. Be open about your anxieties. IF someone doesn't care or complains about you overthinking everything or anything like that you know they are not particularly caring and move on. This system lets you weed out everyone who is not going to be a really solid dating candidate so easily.

And it will do WONDERS for your confidence. Trust me :smile:
Original post by alexschmalex
You sound perfect minus the cuddling with your dogs part. I hate dogs :angry:

I have pet cats too
Why? It just shows that you actually care about your health and don't do what others do just for the sake of it. I would never drink or smoke no matter what anyone says.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Re-read what I wrote, I'm quite careful in the statements that I make :colonhash:

Spoiler

So you would have a one night stand then :nothing: I don't need to reread mate. I was asking would you. Most people dont want to wife a drunken bird up, but they'll night here for sure.
Original post by Zarek
I wouldn't want a gf who was disapproving of alcohol, but moderate social drinking is pretty sensible. Plus I imagine there are guys who don't drink too.

I don't really disapprove of it but I just don't like alcohol too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending