The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians & Artists Thread

Scroll to see replies

Thank you :h:
https://soundcloud.com/user-840336399/gt-1 Early morning guitar riff :P.
Original post by XOR_
https://soundcloud.com/user-840336399/gt-1 Early morning guitar riff :P.

wow this is really good!
Just some lyrics I've been writing recently. It's kinda long, and could be offensive

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Just some lyrics I've been writing recently. It's kinda long, and could be offensive

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

The lyrics are incredibly meaningful...
But please don't tell me that is just ONE song... :s-smilie:
By
Original post by Rhythmical
WELCOME
So hey guys, since most of you know I am a massive music lover and I play my own instruments and I sing too, I decided we should have a thread where us aspiring musicians and singers/bands come together to discuss our ventures and possibly collaborate on here virtually.

You can post snippets of song lyrics, videos, gain inspiration or just chat to us fellow singers and musicians. If you don't play or sing, that doesn't matter at all! You can help us maybe write a song and provide feedback for us. It's a chance for us to get to know each other and try something new out.

Regardless of your musical talents, you are welcome to join in the chat! :excited:

Every Friday, I will host a music quiz as well as fun and games during the times of 7pm-9pm.

This is a good idea. I'm not good at playing any instruments yet so i will have to be a singer or songwriter until ive learnt to play. I also am going to be taking drum lessons soon. I get all my instruments in Cash Converters, i get really unusual musical instruments in there like my violin, Its great to get interesting stuff
I write songs but not sure if their any good so i'd like to meet people to collaborate with and to join a band or create my own
I just got an electric violin shaped like an S. I love it. Ive also got 3 electric guitars and one accoustic. It's so hard to even get anyone who's interested in being in a band to reply so this idea is good.
I joined www.bandmix.co.uk
but all the people on there are all experienced but don't bother to reply
I want to meet people who are experienced and beginners or have no experience so its not too intimidating. Just anyone who's passionate about making their own music
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
The lyrics are incredibly meaningful...
But please don't tell me that is just ONE song... :s-smilie:

Basically when I get bored/emotional I write lyrics, that's an accumulation over the last year and a bit, but yes it's designed to be done in one go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eternaforest
wow this is really good!

Thanks man.
Original post by Andy98

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG the lyrics are way, way too long. You will never be able to remember all that if you were singing it as a song. You should break it down to make 3 or 4 different songs. It's easier that way
Does anyone worry that what they write on here other people could use it ?
Original post by Judge Judy
OMG the lyrics are way, way too long. You will never be able to remember all that if you were singing it as a song. You should break it down to make 3 or 4 different songs. It's easier that way
Does anyone worry that what they write on here other people could use it ?

I'm no singer, I just write lyrics to vent **** out. I mean I do rap but I'm not nearly talented enough to do anything with it. All my lyrics are time stamped on Google drive anyway so I can easily prove someone's used them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I'm no singer, I just write lyrics to vent **** out. I mean I do rap but I'm not nearly talented enough to do anything with it. All my lyrics are time stamped on Google drive anyway so I can easily prove someone's used them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forgot to add that the lyrics are brilliant but too long but you can still keep it as one long song then break them down to make 3 or 4 different songs too.
You can write them for other people to sing as i went to the Bimm music college in Fulham for their open day in May and i went into the songwritng room where the tutor told us how to make money writing for other people, copying small bits of other people's lyrics to write with our own that nobody would know about, etc . It was really interesting
I was interested in doing the creative musicianship course or the songwriting course
How do you time stamp them on google drive ? maybe i will try that

You should go on Bimm ,Fulham website apply online to go to their open day then after the presentation and bands playing go in the songwriting course room. It was really good. I learnt such a lot but i was really looking for the drumming or guitar room but could not find them but i'm glad i didn't find them.
If you go for the open day make sure you look at the paper they give you inside the book because it's got all the room numbers on it and everyone was wandering around like headless chickens because we could not find the rooms we wanted to go in because we did not look at the paper.
Even if your not sure about joining Bimm it's still worth going to the open day and learning how to become better at writing your own songs and earning money from them in the songwriting room
I forgot to add that the lyrics are brilliant but too long but you can still keep it as one long song then break them down to make 3 or 4 different songs too.
You can write them for other people to sing as i went to the Bimm music college in Fulham for their open day in May and i went into the songwritng room where the tutor told us how to make money writing for other people, copying small bits of other people's lyrics to write with our own that nobody would know about, etc . It was really interesting
I was interested in doing the creative musicianship course or the songwriting course
How do you time stamp them on google drive ? maybe i will try that

You should go on Bimm ,Fulham website apply online to go to their open day then after the presentation and bands playing go in the songwriting course room. It was really good. I learnt such a lot but i was really looking for the drumming or guitar room but could not find them but i'm glad i didn't find them.
If you go for the open day make sure you look at the paper they give you inside the book because it's got all the room numbers on it and everyone was wandering around like headless chickens because we could not find the rooms we wanted to go in because we did not look at the paper.
Even if your not sure about joining Bimm it's still worth going to the open day and learning how to become better at writing your own songs and earning money from them in the songwriting room

It time stamps automatically - it's part of the metadata in every file you create.

That sounds interesting I shall try to get to an open day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
It time stamps automatically - it's part of the metadata in every file you create.

That sounds interesting I shall try to get to an open day

Posted from TSR Mobile

The song writing room is 103 but check your own paper they give you incase it has changed. The head of songwriting is called Becky Jones
It was really good because i learnt so many things from her and your not just learning songwriting its performing , making your own music using the computer software and Many other things too and they help people to find jobs within the industry with all their contacts.
Ring tfl for your nearest buses to get there to Fulham and ring Bimm for directions.
If you sit on the top seats on the bus you will see the wholefoods shop and thats where you get off
Bimm music college is round the corner from Wholefoods shop
Im not sure where your coming from but i got 149 bus to Dalston station, then outside the station you get 38 bus to Green Park then get number 14 bus to Fulham station and wholefoods shop is past Fulham station
Or you can get number 14 bus outside Islington, Angel station

I would reccommend anyone to go to the open day and go to the songwriting room
And its a great day out. I chose my appointment for 10 30am so i could go to the west end afterwards. If you sit on the top of the bus you can see all the shops so you will see the Rainforest cafe which has life size animated gorilla & other animals
They sell hamburgers and chips in there. The Trocadero which are unusual shops and bowling ,etc and The Royal London college of music. You can watch free music recitals or concerts in there but you have to find out what days they are on and i thinks its classical music. But you will see all that on the bus so i'm glad i took the bus all the way and not the train or i would not have seen all that on the bus. So on your way back go into all those places and make a nice day out from it. If you go with friends, family its even better. Some people came with their parents so if someone has no friends to go with they can bring family but you have to book your appointment for the open day online first then a few days before the open day they ring to remind you to come because it is so popular. If they had not rung me to remind me i would not have rememered.
Make sure you leave 30 minutes or 1 hour early because i was late so i missed quite a lot because i only saw the last 10 minutes before it ended so i was really pissed off i did not leave home at least 30 minutes earlier so i was lucky there was not a lot of traffic or i would have missed the whole thing.
The song writing room is 103 but check your own paper they give you incase it has changed. The head of songwriting is called Becky Jones
It was really good because i learnt so many things from her and your not just learning songwriting its performing , making your own music using the computer software and Many other things too and they help people to find jobs within the industry with all their contacts.
Ring tfl for your nearest buses to get there to Fulham and ring Bimm for directions.
If you sit on the top seats on the bus you will see the wholefoods shop and thats where you get off
Bimm music college is round the corner from Wholefoods shop
Im not sure where your coming from but i got 149 bus to Dalston station, then outside the station you get 38 bus to Green Park then get number 14 bus to Fulham station and wholefoods shop is past Fulham station
Or you can get number 14 bus outside Islington, Angel station

I would reccommend anyone to go to the open day and go to the songwriting room
And its a great day out. I chose my appointment for 10 30am so i could go to the west end afterwards. If you sit on the top of the bus you can see all the shops so you will see the Rainforest cafe which has life size animated gorilla & other animals
They sell hamburgers and chips in there. The Trocadero which are unusual shops and bowling ,etc and The Royal London college of music. You can watch free music recitals or concerts in there but you have to find out what days they are on and i thinks its classical music. But you will see all that on the bus so i'm glad i took the bus all the way and not the train or i would not have seen all that on the bus. So on your way back go into all those places and make a nice day out from it. If you go with friends, family its even better. Some people came with their parents so if someone has no friends to go with they can bring family but you have to book your appointment for the open day online first then a few days before the open day they ring to remind you to come because it is so popular. If they had not rung me to remind me i would not have rememered.
Make sure you leave 30 minutes or 1 hour early because i was late so i missed quite a lot because i only saw the last 10 minutes before it ended so i was really pissed off i did not leave home at least 30 minutes earlier so i was lucky there was not a lot of traffic or i would have missed the whole thing.

Be easier for me to drive considering I've got about 200 miles to go.

Otherwise it does sound quite interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

How talented can you be :frown: I suck, every considered a career in music?
How talented can you be :frown: I suck, every considered a career in music?

Thanks, I'm sure your good..
Nope, I'd prefer to keep it as something for fun.
Original post by XOR_
Thanks, I'm sure your good..
Nope, I'd prefer to keep it as something for fun.

I hear you, if I did it as a career I think it wouldn't be as fun and it would become tiresome and you'd be doing something you enjoyed for the sake of it. And plus it's so hard to crack.
I hear you, if I did it as a career I think it wouldn't be as fun and it would become tiresome and you'd be doing something you enjoyed for the sake of it. And plus it's so hard to crack.

Not to mention having to either stick to one style for an album or, doing plenty of styles for say game/movie osts but not getting a pick at which.
x

Any more music quizzes coming up? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest