The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 D2 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JoshC98
If you have a degenerate solution, do you have to fill a 0 into one of the cells before beginning the stepping-stone method? And if so, which cell do you choose? I know it makes no impact on initial cost, but surely it would make a difference when you're working out the improvement indices?

Yes, you do.

You can choose any cell. However it's usually best to put it next to other values in the table, so you can keep the "movement" one square down, across, etc. when doing stepping stone
By inspection, find a flow-augmenting route to increase the flow by one unit. You must stateyour route

How would you go about doing this?????
Original post by fpmaniac
By inspection, find a flow-augmenting route to increase the flow by one unit. You must stateyour route

How would you go about doing this?????

What Question is it?
Original post by physicsmaths

Finished learning it?
Original post by AlmostNotable
Finished learning it?

Lol no. Done like 3/4 chapters haha
Game theory was rather fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol no. Done like 3/4 chapters haha
Game theory was rather fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have done 5 chapters. They are all pretty so far. Only need 70 for A* in Additional further maths.
I have done 5 chapters. They are all pretty so far. Only need 70 for A* in Additional further maths.

Same I need around 60-70 or somenthing.
Game theory is interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same I need around 60-70 or somenthing.
Game theory is interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since you have done Game theory. Page 150-151, do you think the optimal solution is wrong? Surely its the top intersection since we are looking for minimax.
Why is it that in the mark scheme for flow augmenting routes, they went against the direction arrow and also went into a saturated arc? I thought you can't do that when finding flow augmenting routes. :s-smilie:
Reply 189
Can some one please explain
How do you know the dp question in 2015 paper was a mini max?
Reply 190
Original post by M.green
Can some one please explain
How do you know the dp question in 2015 paper was a mini max?

It was a maximin. "Maximum of the minimums". Janet wanted to find the maximum weight of the truck she could use, given a set of maximum weights on the roads.

This is where you have to be careful. The 'maximum weights on the roads' refers to the smallest values in the network.

Hence, maximum of the minimums. Maximin.
how do you do june 2015 q4c flow question?
plz someone reply asap
i got it
Really hope dynamic programming is a graph and not a manufacturing mind****

your looking at columns not rows. when looking at columns, your are looking at the points gained by player b. however, this is a table by player a.

When looking at columns, if a<b a dominates b

When looking at rows, if a>b a dominates b

B is the defensive player. Why would he play 4 when 2 has lower losses?

You mean column 4 and column 3 right?

Since you're looking at columns then you're reading the table as if you were B. e.g, every negative number in the table is actually a gain for B (because the table is written from A's point of view). Hence, column 4 dominates column 2.
Reply 198
B is the defensive player. Why would he play 4 when 2 has lower losses?

thats what i thought but apparently its not like that......
he would rather play 4 than play 2
Reply 199
Original post by KloppOClock
your looking at columns not rows. when looking at columns, your are looking at the points gained by player b. however, this is a table by player a.

When looking at columns, if a<b a dominates b

When looking at rows, if a>b a dominates b

yh sorry meant columns

thanks that makes sense :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending