The Student Room Group

Scotland is the North Korea of the UK

It is looking increasingly likely that Scotland will turn its back on freedom and democracy in order to pursue its dream of being ruled by a dictatorship. That's what happened when Korea split into North and South. Scotland is set to become like North Korea. The two countries already have so much in common. They are poor, have a fruitloop of a leader and like to think they are powerful and have some importance in the world.

If the Scottish aggressors do split from the UK, I believe we must construct a very large wall on the Scottish border. We will make Scotland pay for the wall by deducting the cost from the money they receive from London. Then we must keep a very close eye on them and Kim Jong Sturge-Un.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
On behalf of Scotland, I am in favour of the wall.

However, I feel that we need to negotiate. Scotland will agree to the wall, if you agree to take the Rangers supporters. They want to be English anyways and it'd mean we actually get a non embarrassing vote this time...win win for everyone.
Sturgeon won't do anything now. Scotland will face financial oblivion even with oil.

The question is whether they will ever be financially independent enough to go by themselves. I doubt the SNP have the balls to make the necessary adjustments to the public purse to make that happen.

However if Scotland, by some miracle, finds a massive new source of revenue, then there will enough anger in the younger generation to push for a leave vote.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Sturgeon won't do anything now. Scotland will face financial oblivion even with oil.

The question is whether they will ever be financially independent enough to go by themselves. I doubt the SNP have the balls to make the necessary adjustments to the public purse to make that happen.

However if Scotland, by some miracle, finds a massive new source of revenue, then there will enough anger in the younger generation to push for a leave vote.

The Trump card(no pun intended) is the national debt which belongs to the UK govt, so if they go independent they aren't obliged to take on their share of it.
Reply 4
Original post by DorianGrayism

Scotland will be fine. People act like there's a chance of Scotland turning into a third world country or something.

Also, as a part of what I am going to call the younger generation because I'm refusing to acknowledge being an adult, Scotland being free from England would be brilliant. The day when I don't have to fill out a form and call myself "British" or from the "United Kingdom" will be a great day. Most of the time my option is "United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Other" and I'll click Other and type Scotland in.
I don't think us English are in any position to be declaring other countries as hermit kingdoms atm.:biggrin:
Original post by ATW1
It is looking increasingly likely that Scotland will turn its back on freedom and democracy in order to pursue its dream of being ruled by a dictatorship. That's what happened when Korea split into North and South. Scotland is set to become like North Korea. The two countries already have so much in common. They are poor, have a fruitloop of a leader and like to think they are powerful and have some importance in the world.

If the Scottish aggressors do split from the UK, I believe we must construct a very large wall on the Scottish border. We will make Scotland pay for the wall by deducting the cost from the money they receive from London. Then we must keep a very close eye on them and Kim Jong Sturge-Un.

Except unlike North Korea, we don't want your nukes, you can have them.
Original post by cbblitz
On behalf of Scotland, I am in favour of the wall.

However, I feel that we need to negotiate. Scotland will agree to the wall, if you agree to take the Rangers supporters. They want to be English anyways and it'd mean we actually get a non embarrassing vote this time...win win for everyone.

Will you accept Remainer asylum seekers(with Celtic supporting relatives) before it's built? :biggrin:
Reply 8
What is it with low achieving provincials that makes them desperate to go it alone? I can understand economic powerhouses like Venetia or Catalonia wanting to go it alone, but when helpless backwaters like Scotland want to leave, it smells like collective insanity.
Reply 9
Original post by JamesN88
Will you accept Remainer asylum seekers(with Celtic supporting relatives) before it's built? :biggrin:

I'm just assuming that everyone in Scotland voted Remain for the sake of getting independence. That's the only way I can justify the whole 45-55 thing haha.

Celtic isn't great either. We're getting independence here lads, get those tricolours to fk out of Parkhead. Ireland's got too much awesome identity now with all these videos from the Euros that Scotland's got a lot of ground to make up. We need to have a cracking Curling tournament or something with some rowdy fans to even this sht up cause we're pure dugmeat at football.

Anyways, find yourself a nice Partick Thistle relative (or go ask one of the 5 current Patrick Thistle fans if they're related to you), start deep frying your goods and binge watch some Chewin The Fat and Rab C Nesbitt and we'll pick you up at the border.

I swear we're gonna have Newcastle lads with grappling hooks trying to scale Hadrian's 2.0 like wildlings.
Original post by 41b
What is it with low achieving provincials that makes them desperate to go it alone? I can understand economic powerhouses like Venetia or Catalonia wanting to go it alone, but when helpless backwaters like Scotland want to leave, it smells like collective insanity.

If you take a stroll through an alley in Glasgow you'll quickly realize England is doing fk all for us anyways.
Reply 11
OTE=JamesN88;66177561]The Trump card(no pun intended) is the national debt which belongs to the UK govt, so if they go independent they aren't obliged to take on their share of it.
They are obliged to do what the Squadron Commander of Queen Elizabeth II's carrier air group tells them to do. Scotland would be wise to remember that defecting countries don't survive very long without standing armies...
41b
They are obliged to do what the Squadron Commander of Queen Elizabeth II's carrier air group tells them to do. Scotland would be wise to remember that defecting countries don't survive very long without standing armies...

Aye, any day now England will be bombing Scotland. England's entire history is littered with them getting cuffed with defecting armies with no standing armies.
Original post by cbblitz
I'm just assuming that everyone in Scotland voted Remain for the sake of getting independence. That's the only way I can justify the whole 45-55 thing haha.

Celtic isn't great either. We're getting independence here lads, get those tricolours to fk out of Parkhead. Ireland's got too much awesome identity now with all these videos from the Euros that Scotland's got a lot of ground to make up. We need to have a cracking Curling tournament or something with some rowdy fans to even this sht up cause we're pure dugmeat at football.

Anyways, find yourself a nice Partick Thistle relative (or go ask one of the 5 current Patrick Thistle fans if they're related to you), start deep frying your goods and binge watch some Chewin The Fat and Rab C Nesbitt and we'll pick you up at the border.

I swear we're gonna have Newcastle lads with grappling hooks trying to scale Hadrian's 2.0 like wildlings.

No Still Game required then?
No Still Game required then?

Still Game is the Art of Scotland. It's no Maths or Social Studies but if you want extra credit then Still Game's a def.

Kevin Bridges is German, Billy Connolly is French. Pick one or the other.

Geography is essentially learning that saying Glasgow is the capital will get you done in, but also claiming that Edinburgh is the capital in Glasgow will also get you done in. A further part of the curriculum is studying whether or not Aberdeen can or canny kick a Jellybean.

And PE is realizing that you just wandered into The Gorbals and having to bolt back home.
Original post by cbblitz
Still Game is the Art of Scotland. It's no Maths or Social Studies but if you want extra credit then Still Game's a def.

Kevin Bridges is German, Billy Connolly is French. Pick one or the other.

Geography is essentially learning that saying Glasgow is the capital will get you done in, but also claiming that Edinburgh is the capital in Glasgow will also get you done in. A further part of the curriculum is studying whether or not Aberdeen can or canny kick a Jellybean.

And PE is realizing that you just wandered into The Gorbals and having to bolt back home.

Pfft...

Spoiler

Pfft...

Spoiler

To be honest, not a huge fan of his standup. Once you've heard all the jokes on Mock The Week already, the standup shows aren't great.
Original post by ATW1

*Freedom and democracy can be seen many ways. You see freedom as leaving the european union. Scotland sees England as the tyrant telling it what to do, not the EU, and wants to separate from that. *I don't see how Scotland voting in favour of staying in the EU then being dragged out is democracy - maybe you can explain? Surely democracy is giving the people what they want and Scotland wants independence. *
*Poor, we are not discussing a third world nation. Honestly the hypocrisy of the Leave side is absurd. So the UK is strong enough to stand on its own from the EU but Scotland isn't? Not to mention Richard Branson has scrapped 3,000 planned jobs because of the result. What was proposed to Scotland as the result of leaving, companies moving to more secure locations, is happening now. *
*Fruitless leader and belief they have some importance in the world? Are we discussing UKIP now? I've never seen anyone suggest Scotland would be incredibly important in its independence. European officials have indicated they would work with Scotland giving it some power. I have heard lots of Leave people insist that the UK is super important. *
*The economy is in chaos, there is no plan, the wishlist Boris proposed has been shot down as ludicrous, it is highly likely EU officials will screw the UK to make it serve as an example, companies are making statements about their future in the UK running out, jobs are being lost - and you want to spend time and money on a silly wall? OK Trump, we will wait and see if you get that waste of time passed
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by 41b

It's certainly not insanity. If anything is insane it's the constant desire for people to want and more and more no matter how much they already have.

There is a lot of evidence that suggests that people tend to be happier when they are part of a group whose members circumstances are not greatly superior to theirs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Scotland goes alone.. all its future skilled big brains head south to Landan, especially when Sturgy slaps a big juicy 50% tax on ur high earners. GG Scotland
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending