The Student Room Group

Was this a terrible thing to do I'm panicking about my AS English lit Paper 2 exam?

I made up a ton of quotes for my English lit Paper 2 exam, and also maybe a theorist or two (but remembered what an actual theorist had said).

It was only for one essay in which I made up these quotes, for my other essays I had everything done correctly. I really wanted to get an A grade but now I'm panicking (even though there's a while yet until results day) because I made up quotes for the 'A Streetcar Named Desire' essay.

Any help?
Reply 1
Made up quotes from the text...a little bit concerning, could depend on examiner. If it's close to something that was said shouldn't be a big deal.Made up quotes from critics or whatever...meh
How wild were these quotes? Have you actually read the text? Could these quotes be something that will make an examiner think 'Hang on, they never said anything like that'?

If they're fitting with what you know about the plot and characters, then you MIGHT get away with it if the examiner is half asleep.

You probably won't though.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
How wild were these quotes? Have you actually read the text? Could these quotes be something that will make an examiner think 'Hang on, they never said anything like that'?

If they're fitting with what you know about the plot and characters, then you MIGHT get away with it if the examiner is half asleep.

You probably won't though.

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Made up quotes from the text...a little bit concerning, could depend on examiner. If it's close to something that was said shouldn't be a big deal.Made up quotes from critics or whatever...meh

Nothing was wild, everything was loosely paraphrased at worse. No 1930s American men saying "kk bae lov u 2" as he "snatches his iPhone from his mate" or anything stupid along those lines. And there were some actual quotes - most were, I suppose - but there are lots of, as I said, 'quotes' loosely paraphrased at worst. In comparison to my other English Literature essays, there weren't many quotes - probably an equal mix of both 'made up'/loosely paraphrased and actual quotes (although they were fairly short, but analysed quite a bit).

Yes I've read the text a few times, but was concentrating more on my History Paper 2 exam... somewhat a big mistake, obviously.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest