The Student Room Group

Failed my driving test..AGAIN! when do cancellations happen?

I got a few minors for parking brake and gears

And 1 serious (major) because I had finished my independent driving and I was told to pull up on the left, which I did perfectly and safely.

My left signal was on, and I was stationary ready to move off again, cars behind me over take
and Mr.BMW ffs stops, so I move off and as soon as I do this fool overtakes me almost clipping my wing mirror!!! -_-

When is the best time to look for cancellations?
My boyfriend got an earlier test through cancellations, he normally checked around 11am-1pm but they could pop up anytime really.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
My boyfriend got an earlier test through cancellations, he normally checked around 11am-1pm but they could pop up anytime really.

Well it's 11 now lol so I will start checking! Thank you

Did he pass 2nd time round then?
Original post by shakeyboy
Well it's 11 now lol so I will start checking! Thank you

Did he pass 2nd time round then?

Oh sorry for confusing you, he passed 1st time, our local test centre has a 16 week wait and he need to pass before starting work so he got a cancellation to be able to sit it 8 weeks earlier.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Oh sorry for confusing you, he passed 1st time, our local test centre has a 16 week wait and he need to pass before starting work so he got a cancellation to be able to sit it 8 weeks earlier.

Lucky guy!!
Original post by shakeyboy
Lucky guy!!

He was very flexible with a time for his test, people seem to book them during work then realise they can't get it off. Best of luck with your test, if they didnt get it first time round anyone else i know did it the 2nd time:smile:
I used a cancellations service when I did mine (passed Sept 2015) - well worth the one off £18.00 payment. I imagine different companies may do things a bit differently, but the one I signed up to locally gives an option to specify any dates you can't do and any particular times of day you prefer (although obviously, the more flexible you are the quicker they find one!).

They also gave me the option to specify whether they can book a test without asking me to confirm (which I was happy with), or otherwise they text you and you need to respond back, within an hour I think it was, if you are happy with the date / time.

It is worth noting that generally, before you can sign up to their service, you must have a test booked - just book the next available date even if it's 2 months away and they will bring it forward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending