The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by kelvin1338
Chances of me getting an A* in Further Maths, anyone?
D2 (taken last year) - 90UMS
FP3 - 72/75
FP2 - 66/75

Will be tight. Can't tell for sure without boundaries. FP3 will most probably be 92+ while FP2 might be in the 86-88 range.
Original post by Ayman!
Will be tight. Can't tell for sure without boundaries. FP3 will most probably be 92+ while FP2 might be in the 86-88 range.

What do you think the grade boundaries will be for F2,S2 and F3 IAL?
Original post by Ayman!

could you look at the chances of me getting an A* too?
fp1-91ums
m2- 72 ish /75
m1 - 73/74
d1- 60-65 / 75
fp2 - about 70/75
fp3- should be 100ums
Do I have an actual chance of getting an A* here ?
Fp3 69-72
S2 70-72
S3 71-73
Original post by Interest_123
Do I have an actual chance of getting an A* here ?
Fp3 69-72
S2 70-72
S3 71-73

that's probs 90+ in all 3, wouldn't worry..
Will I have an A* here

Maths
c3 - 73/75
c4 - 70/75

FM
S2 - 98 ums (last yer)
s3 - 69/75
fp2 - 65/75
m2 - 63/75
fp3 - 75/75
Original post by ninjass
Will I have an A* here

Maths
c3 - 73/75
c4 - 70/75

FM
S2 - 98 ums (last yer)
s3 - 69/75
fp2 - 65/75
m2 - 63/75
fp3 - 75/75
duh
Reply 1127
Original post by ninjass
Will I have an A* here

Maths
c3 - 73/75
c4 - 70/75

FM
S2 - 98 ums (last yer)
s3 - 69/75
fp2 - 65/75
m2 - 63/75
fp3 - 75/75

Sorry, Edexcel have just announced it's 75 for 90 UMS this year in all Maths exams.
Reply 1128
Original post by PhyM23
Sorry, Edexcel have just announced it's 75 for 90 UMS this year in all Maths exams.

ha, nice try.
I made a very stupid and simple mistake in the exam.
http://imgur.com/3NzIKAy
The blue writing is the correct version. The red writing was what I did in the exam. I got the first part (proof) correct. The second part, I misread the question and forgot to flip the fraction around before integrating. How many marks do you think I'd get out of 5? Certainly there's method marks for showing my substitution in and substituting the original thing back in... this has been worrying me all day since the exam because my A* overall in FM depends on these 5 marks :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I made a very stupid and simple mistake in the exam.
http://imgur.com/3NzIKAy
The blue writing is the correct versionThe red writing was what I did in the exam. I got the first part (proof) correct. The second part, I misread the question and forgot to flip the fraction around before integrating. How many marks do you think I'd get out of 5? Certainly there's method marks for showing my substitution in and substituting the original thing back in... this has been worrying me all day since the exam because my A* overall in FM depends on these 5 marks :frown:

bro I hate to be 'that guy' but youd prolly get 1 if youre lucky, sorry to hear this bro
Original post by blahblah21
bro I hate to be 'that guy' but youd prolly get 1 if youre lucky, sorry to hear this bro

I checked like every mark scheme for indefinite integrals and usually they give B1 for showing the du/dx=u, and another M1 mark for attempting to substituting it into my integral so I'm uncertain ://
I hate when people post stupid ****, "have I got a chance for A*, I got 75 in FP3 75 in FP2 75 in S2" allow it if your capable of getting those marks be more logical... Unless youre just trying to show off loool then thats quite sad because people here all do well pretty much so relax 😂😂😂😂
I checked like every mark scheme for indefinite integrals and usually they give B1 for showing the du/dx=u, and another M1 mark for attempting to substituting it into my integral so I'm uncertain ://

U most definitely won't get 0marks because most times there are "special case" stated in the mark schemes for small errors such as that, and they give u a few marks based on whether u got it right for what u did possibly 2marks out of 5, you'd be surprised that it could be 3 but I'd sway towards 2
Would 74/75 be above 97 ums for this paper?
F3 IAL grade boundaries prediction anyone?
Original post by chrisidialu

really? :/

nah youre looking at about 52 UMS if youre lucky bro
Original post by chrisidialu

Yeh will be 98/99.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blahblah21
really? :/

nah youre looking at about 52 UMS if youre lucky bro

Every ums counts g ahahaha
Original post by MarocMan
if i wanted the ideal option of taking a gap year and applying for ucl, imperial or warwick i would need A*A* in maths and further but now i can just tell that im gonna have to pick up all STEP and try do well in at least two of them to go to those universities, wbu what uni u planning to go to and what do u plan on doing?

I've firmed UCL for computer science and insured KCL, fingers crossed for 2 A's in FM and physics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending