The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Anyone know what to write for a question on IT? we only looked at GIS and i don't think that's enough for me to write about
Original post by rosieschofield
im hoping ICT as it's never been up, but if not that then statistical as it hasnt been up in a few years

We haven't been taught anything for ict/Gis!! Can anyone quickly go through it for me?
We haven't been taught it either I wouldn't worry now. Simple points like the use of computers can be quick n easy to interprete but can only be used in developed parts of the world. Also only the rich have access to it and things like that. Good luck everyone! Let's hope we smash it :smile:
I feel bad for saying that now, hope u learnt it somehow lol
How did everyone find it btw? Geog4a?
Original post by joshnewbs
I feel bad for saying that now, hope u learnt it somehow lol

Lmao just our luck right. Made some crap up about satellite images of deforestation and using gis for land use
Section a was nice, standard fieldwork questions if not phrased a bit weirdly (purpose, relevance etc), but section b was a dick
In the W&C 10marks I made a referrence to The Great Storm but I said it occured in the 1968 when it should have been 1987. I made many points using the figures of the storm, since I got the year wrong, would I get 0markers??
Reply 2468
How did everyone fine the Geog 4B? I thought it was an alright paper overall :smile:
Can anyone remember what question 3 of section A on GEOG4A was. Was it data presentation or a data analysis technique.
Original post by mo85856
Can anyone remember what question 3 of section A on GEOG4A was. Was it data presentation or a data analysis technique.

Hey it was 8 marks on data analysis. Data presentation came up in 2015 :smile:
What did people put for the last two question for geogA
I know this is late but can anyone who did the volcano essay in unit 3 tell me if I was along the right lines:I talked about the volcanos and associated hazards and how they may affect us.I talked about the various technologies of prediction and response times etc. My main point was about the use of such technologies in MEDC's but also the lack of access and use of such technologies in LEDC's resulting in poorer nations experiencing greater loss of life etc.I used Mt. St. Helens and Nevado Del Ruiz as examples of eruptions in MEDC's and LEDC's and the use of technologies in both instances..I also linked both case studies to other hazards such as lahars (nevado del ruiz) and how some hazards such as lahars and tsunamis are unpredictable meaning the technologies surrounding prediction, response etc may not be effective even in MEDC'sI referred to human error with the Mt ST Helens eruption and the lack of consideration by members of the public to warnings which can result in deaths despite advanced technologies etc.My final major point was that the technologies referred to in the question would only help reduce death tolls not the impact of volcanos on the economy and livelihoods - made reference to the fertile lands surrounding volcanos being used for farming etc Any help would be much appreciated..Just stressing about this exam so if any of you who did this question have any opinions on my answer please let me know thanks :smile:
Original post by Fitch31
I know this is late but can anyone who did the volcano essay in unit 3 tell me if I was along the right lines:I talked about the volcanos and associated hazards and how they may affect us.I talked about the various technologies of prediction and response times etc. My main point was about the use of such technologies in MEDC's but also the lack of access and use of such technologies in LEDC's resulting in poorer nations experiencing greater loss of life etc.I used Mt. St. Helens and Nevado Del Ruiz as examples of eruptions in MEDC's and LEDC's and the use of technologies in both instances..I also linked both case studies to other hazards such as lahars (nevado del ruiz) and how some hazards such as lahars and tsunamis are unpredictable meaning the technologies surrounding prediction, response etc may not be effective even in MEDC'sI referred to human error with the Mt ST Helens eruption and the lack of consideration by members of the public to warnings which can result in deaths despite advanced technologies etc.My final major point was that the technologies referred to in the question would only help reduce death tolls not the impact of volcanos on the economy and livelihoods - made reference to the fertile lands surrounding volcanos being used for farming etc Any help would be much appreciated..Just stressing about this exam so if any of you who did this question have any opinions on my answer please let me know thanks :smile:

This is pretty much what I wrote! So I hope we're both right
Original post by 98luna98
This is pretty much what I wrote! So I hope we're both right

Haha yeah me too
Original post by mo85856

it was isoline, isohyts & weather maps
Hi everyone

Happy results day! How did Geography go for you?

Congrats to everyone on finishing their exams - you did amazing for getting through them no matter what grade you got

If you need any advice on results, adjustment, clearing or uni go check out our Applications and UCAS forum

geog

got a A* i swear down lol
I got an A* :smile:
Ok so the exam I thought I completely bombed and failed (GEOG3), I was expecting a low B/C in it. Ended up getting 113/120 - a high A* in it !!!! HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN!!!

On the other hand I got 54/80 - a C grade in GEOG4A, and that I thought went WAYYY better than GEOG3!!!

Oh well got an A overall in Geography so I'm pretty happy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending