The Student Room Group

Brexit race hate crimes?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Its a shame I must admit. Fascism goes against every British value and yet I just feel its becoming more and more socially acceptable to act like a fascist post Brexit (or what the news wants us to believe). I just hope all these cases are being used as propaganda by the news papers and are unrelated/isolated. If not, looks like everything is going to go down the pan and I just might have to bail.
(edited 7 years ago)
Meanwhile, Muslims groom young white girls all over the country...not a word of 'racism' spoken of.
Reply 22
Original post by Themini
What's wrong with halal meat? They follow exactly the same practices by law (i.e. stunning before slaughter) and just say a prayer before they sacrifice the animal.

If you don't like slaughter of animals, don't eat meat. Daily mail reader I presume?

Bleeding an animal to death while making it face the mecca is NOT the same. I don't eat meat, I'm a vegetarian. But I find this practice particularly cruel. Daily mail reader? Wtf? What's that got to do with anything? I'm an educated person, an ex trainee solicitor, if you must know, not some kind of brainwashed idiot, and I assure you that I have done my research when it comes to meat production and daily mail isn't the only thing I read, contrary to your silly assumptions.
Reply 23
Original post by Catholic_
Meanwhile, Muslims groom young white girls all over the country...not a word of 'racism' spoken of.

I guess that makes all these hate crimes acceptable then, yes?

Classic response.
Reply 24
Original post by Ciel.
Bleeding an animal to death while making it face the mecca is NOT the same. I don't eat meat, I'm a vegetarian. But I find this practice particularly cruel. Daily mail reader? Wtf? What's that got to do with anything? I'm an educated person, an ex trainee solicitor, if you must know, not some kind of brainwashed idiot, and I assure you that I have done my research when it comes to meat production and daily mail isn't the only thing I read, contrary to your silly assumptions.

Making it face to Mecca? Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Ex trainee solicitor? So I guess that makes you the crème de la crème, yes? The pinnacle of educational brilliance, that.

What else do you read? I've heard great things from The Sun recently, I think a paper like that is right up your alley.
The police claim a 57% increase.

I see no reason for them to lie considering the institutional racism there.

I think people have taken Brexit as a token to say whatever they like.
Obviously this is a response to the decision. Brexit obviously isn't the source of racism in the UK but it has certainly triggered the wave of hate that we've seen over the past few days.
Reply 27
Original post by Kre
Making it face to Mecca? Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Ex trainee solicitor? So I guess that makes you the crème de la crème, yes? The pinnacle of educational brilliance, that.

What else do you read? I've heard great things from The Sun recently, I think a paper like that is right up your alley.

Aww, you didn't get that I was being sarcastic about the DM, did you? Like I said, I only referred to my profession because of his stupid assumptions and stereotypes. However, you can think whatever you like, consider my the elite by all means if you wish. :biggrin:

"Some animals killed for halal meat in the UK are stunned electrically before their throats are slit. The method, known as "pre-stunned slaughter". However, some Muslims think the practice is contrary to the specifications of zabiha and prefer to eat halal meat that has not been pre-stunned.

The British Veterinary Association calls for all animals to be effectively stunned before slaughter, while the Farm Animal Welfare Council says cutting an animal's throat is "such a massive injury [that it] would result in very significant pain and distress in the period before insensibility supervenes".

The RSPCA argues that killing animals without stunning them causes "unnecessary suffering", while activist group Peta says the beasts "fight and gasp for their last breath, struggling to stand while the blood drains from their necks".

See? Filth.
Reply 28
Original post by Ciel.
Aww, you didn't get that I was being sarcastic about the DM, did you? Like I said, I only referred to my profession because of his stupid assumptions and stereotypes. However, you can think whatever you like, consider my the elite by all means if you wish. :biggrin:

"Some animals killed for halal meat in the UK are stunned electrically before their throats are slit. The method, known as "pre-stunned slaughter". However, some Muslims think the practice is contrary to the specifications of zabiha and prefer to eat halal meat that has not been pre-stunned.

The British Veterinary Association calls for all animals to be effectively stunned before slaughter, while the Farm Animal Welfare Council says cutting an animal's throat is "such a massive injury [that it] would result in very significant pain and distress in the period before insensibility supervenes".

The RSPCA argues that killing animals without stunning them causes "unnecessary suffering", while activist group Peta says the beasts "fight and gasp for their last breath, struggling to stand while the blood drains from their necks".

See? Filth.

That's a great copy and paste job, well done. You clearly don't know what you're talking about so had to do a little bit more research. I mean that's fine, I credit that.

As to my previous comment "making it face Mecca" are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Ex trainee solicitors are the best to argue with since they couldn't even make it through their training contract and so they have something to prove. Great fun.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Kre
That's a great copy and paste job, well done. You clearly don't know what you're talking about so had to do a little bit more research. I mean that's fine, I credit that.

As to my previous comment "making it face Mecca" are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Ex trainee solicitors are the best to argue with since they couldn't even make it through their training contract and so they have something to prove. Great fun.

It just proves my point. Of course it's copied and pasted, why bother typing it all over? Halal meat production is cruel. In many cases they don't even follow the law because of the invisible man in the sky.
Ok, a muslim is supposed to face east while saying the prayers before he kills the animal, is that supposed to be your line of defence or something? To be honest, I don't really see any difference because in my eyes, slaughtering a living creature actually makes him an animal. Scratch that, they're worse than animals.
Reply 30
Original post by Ciel.
It just proves my point. Of course it's copied and pasted, why bother typing it all over? Halal meat production is cruel. In many cases they don't even follow the law because of the invisible man in the sky.
Ok, a muslim is supposed to face east while saying the prayers before he kills the animal, is that supposed to be your line of defence or something? To be honest, I don't really see any difference because in my eyes, slaughtering a living creature actually makes him an animal. Scratch that, they're worse than animals.

Muslims don't make the animal face Mecca, that was my point, which made me wonder if you had an idea what you were spewing out. The fact that you had to do some background research, on what should be fairly common knowledge to someone who believes so deeply in animal rights, to back up your point, further proves this.

...aaaaaand there it is! I was waiting for that. That part in bold made my day.
Reply 31
Original post by Kre
Muslims don't make the animal face Mecca, that was my point, which made me wonder if you had an idea what you were spewing out. The fact that you had to do some background research, on what should be fairly common knowledge to someone who believes so deeply in animal rights, to back up your point, further proves this.

...aaaaaand there it is! I was waiting for that. That part in bold made my day.

That makes you look a bit weird. I can't believe you would waste your time on something as trivial as that, do you have no life? At least you're not denying they are cruel monsters, that makes me happy.
Eh? What background research? I knew it all but there was no point in wasting my time typing it. If you are referring to the muslim prayer thing again - I don't really need to be familiar with their practices, I'm not a muslim. Thank God for that!
Reply 32
Original post by Ciel.
That makes you look a bit weird. I can't believe you would waste your time on something as trivial as that, do you have no life? At least you're not denying they are cruel monsters, that makes me happy.
Eh? What background research? I knew it all but there was no point in wasting my time typing it. If you are referring to the muslim prayer thing again - I don't really need to be familiar with their practices, I'm not a muslim. Thank God for that!

Sounds like you're pretty familiar with their practices to me! Or at least you think you are. I love it when someone contradicts themselves in the same post.

And the bit about me not having a life is just hilarious.

Just out of curiosity, are you a vegan? Actually don't answer that, your posts reek of it.
Reply 33
Original post by Kre
Sounds like you're pretty familiar with their practices to me! Or at least you think you are. I love it when someone contradicts themselves in the same post.

Just out of curiosity, are you a vegan? Actually don't answer that, your posts reek of it.

There is a massive difference between their meat production practices and their praying practices you know.
Why is it hilarious? It's true isn't it?
You are wrong again. If you are allowed to insult vegans like that I should probably respond with 'are you a muslim? Actually don't answer that, your posts reek of it' but I won't. :h:
Reply 34
Original post by Ciel.
There is a massive difference between their meat production practices and their praying practices you know.
Why is it hilarious? It's true isn't it?
You are wrong again. If you are allowed to insult vegans like that I should probably respond with 'are you a muslim? Actually don't answer that, your posts reek of it' but I won't. :h:

I couldn't care much for Islam or its prehistoric practices, but if it helps your sleep better at night, then choose what you want to believe.

I'm currently waiting in an empty meeting room for my clients to get here and arguing with people like you is a fantastic way to pass the time. Alas, they'll be here in a few minutes, so I best be off.

This has ben fun, I'm sure you've got more forums to argue for all these poor animals! I hear a bunch of activists are going to protest outside a mosque in East London, shouldn't you be there!? I feel guilty taking all of your time.
Reply 35
Original post by Kre
I couldn't care much for Islam or its prehistoric practices, but if it helps your sleep better at night, then choose what you want to believe.

I'm currently waiting in an empty meeting room for my clients to get here and arguing with people like you is a fantastic way to pass the time. Alas, they'll be here in a few minutes, so I best be off.

This has ben fun, I'm sure you've got more forums to argue for all these poor animals! I hear a bunch of activists are going to protest outside a mosque in East London, shouldn't you be there!? I feel guilty taking all of your time.

Oh, I'm sure you do. But there's no shame in having lots of free time on your hands you know? I have plenty.
I'm afraid I can't attend, I don't live in London but thanks for letting me know! You truly are the kindest.

PS: You should care about animals, you know. Even if don't like them, or even if you're a meat eater do you honestly believe that they should be killed in such a painful way?
Reply 36
Original post by Ciel.
Oh, I'm sure you do. But there's no shame in having lots of free time on your hands you know? I have plenty.
I'm afraid I can't attend, I don't live in London but thanks for letting me know! You truly are the kindest.

PS: You should care about animals, you know. Even if don't like them, or even if you're a meat eater do you honestly believe that they should be killed in such a painful way?

I had an incredible amount of free time in the couple months post graduation last year and the start of my grad job, so I feel your pain! It can be a drag.

You're welcome.

I do care about animal welfare, perhaps not as strongly as you, but I do. If animals can be killed in a way which causes them the least amount of stress and pain, that's the way I support. I may not support halal slaughter, but that doesn't mean I'm going to label muslims as some kind of "worse than animal" beings though, unlike you.

Anyway, have a great day.
Reply 37
Original post by Kre
I had an incredible amount of free time in the couple months post graduation last year and the start of my grad job, so I feel your pain! It can be a drag.

You're welcome.

I do care about animal welfare, perhaps not as strongly as you, but I do. If animals can be killed in a way which causes them the least amount of stress and pain, that's the way I support. I may not support halal slaughter, but that doesn't mean I'm going to label muslims as some kind of "worse than animal" beings though, unlike you.

Anyway, have a great day.

Oh, I wasn't referring to all muslims in that post, just the ones who don't follow the law and do not stun animals. It applies to non muslim animal killers as well because, sadly, they exist too.
This was caused by the establishment's bare refusal to address immigration in an open and sensible way. Now they have refused to, and basically called everyone idiots and racists. How would this not inflame people?
Reply 39
Original post by Kre

Ciel is a joke. I decided not to reply after the BS started spewing out. Just embarrassed him/herself. Lol I honestly have no idea where he/she gets her info from, deffo some tabloid. Over 88% of the meat coming into the country that is halal is stunned and 100% of the meat sold in the UK is stunned. Its the law. As strong as this country is on animal welfare if muslims were violating principles by carrying out animal cruely they would've shut them down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending