The Student Room Group

C4 June 2016 Edexcel Model Answers kprime2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Thankyou v much mate. Much appreicated
Reply 41
Could someone pls tell me whether I'd lose marks for finding out the actual angle instead of cos theta, and then using that angle to find the area (even though I got the right answer). Thanks.
Hey guys,
What do you think the breakdown of the 5 marks for question 8f would be? How many accuracy marks would there be for the co-ordinates?
If your answer matches the mark scheme and you haven't obtained it without any working, you should get all the marks.
Original post by Danllo
Just checked the model solutions by Kprime for C3 and C4 and I think I got;
- 74/75 marks in C4
- 62/63 marks in C3
If these raw marks were to be converted into UMS, would I get the A* ? Please could someone tell me what the UMS conversion for the C3 and C4 papers this year ? I'm getting really paranoid about the A* as I really need it for my uni course :frown: Might have to contact my uni just to see what they say if I don't achieve it.

100 ums in c3 but 76 ums in c4 so i dont think so - sorry :frown:
Original post by I feel myself
Thanks, lot's of giveaway marks, should be the highest C4 grade boundaries. A should be 66/67 and A* 71

I was relying on getting mid 90s for c4 cause I think I've got 71 but c3 was like a b lol ... well hopefully I still get 90 at least
Original post by mk_98
Could someone pls tell me whether I'd lose marks for finding out the actual angle instead of cos theta, and then using that angle to find the area (even though I got the right answer). Thanks.

you got the answer right and it was worth 2 marks - you won't lose a mark
Reply 47
Hey guys. I know this is quite late. But I got 67 for C3 and 69 for C4. Is that enough for an A*?
Original post by Tan455
Hey guys. I know this is quite late. But I got 67 for C3 and 69 for C4. Is that enough for an A*?

I'm pretty certain that would be mate as c3 you're looking at like 92 minimum and then c4 is gonna be like 88-92 so id say you're safe there - enjoy your A*
Reply 49
Original post by fefssdf
I'm pretty certain that would be mate as c3 you're looking at like 92 minimum and then c4 is gonna be like 88-92 so id say you're safe there - enjoy your A*

Thank you so much. Grade boundaries are really scaring me. I hope it's not that high. The exams were difficult than last years though.
Thanks again
Reply 50
Original post by fefssdf

One more thing. I didn't do too well in stats 2. I think I got a low B. Will this make my grade fall to an A? 😐
Original post by Tan455
Thank you so much. Grade boundaries are really scaring me. I hope it's not that high. The exams were difficult than last years though.
Thanks again

at the end of the day c3 and c4 are hard modules if you're not doing further maths so people saying boundaries will be really high are probably wrong - yes they might go up but for the sake of a few marks at the max
Original post by Tan455
One more thing. I didn't do too well in stats 2. I think I got a low B. Will this make my grade fall to an A? 😐

well for an A* you need 480 ums in TOTAL + 180 ums in TOTAL from c3 and c4, but for an A you just need 480ums in total... so if you have got the 180ums from c3 and c4 then you're likely to get the A*, and if not an A.... your stats score has no bearing on the A* - only c3 and c4 contribute to this :smile:
Reply 53
68/9 in C3 and 70 in this... Thoughts? Grade boundaries will be interesting this year
Reply 54
Original post by fefssdf
well for an A* you need 480 ums in TOTAL + 180 ums in TOTAL from c3 and c4, but for an A you just need 480ums in total... so if you have got the 180ums from c3 and c4 then you're likely to get the A*, and if not an A.... your stats score has no bearing on the A* - only c3 and c4 contribute to this :smile:

Right thanks I understand now. 😀
Original post by Tan455
Right thanks I understand now. 😀

happy to help ahah
Reply 56
Original post by ninjass
100 ums in c3 but 76 ums in c4 so i dont think so - sorry :frown:

Are u quoting me accidentally or someone else ??
i need 233 UMS this year and i got: 63 in C3, 62 in C4 and 56 in s2 I'm so terrified i won't make it
Reply 58
I need 209 UMS and I got
60/75 in C3
67/75 in C4
49/75 S2

Would that be enough? 😔
Original post by Klonkiol
I need 209 UMS and I got
60/75 in C3
67/75 in C4
49/75 S2

Would that be enough? 😔

100% will be enough don't worry. you got at least 165 from both C3 and C4.
Btw is it just me or s2 was really tough compared to past papers.....i flopped it hard. what do you think it will be for an A in s2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending