The Student Room Group

Hmrc operational delivery profession (surge and rapid response team) offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lere
@agss, yep, fingers crossed. Did you apply for the Croydon posts?

Yes, Lere, for Croydon.
Reply 61
@agss Ok, cool, me too. Would update you when I hear any news.
Reply 62
Original post by KottonKandi
I contacted the HMRC recruitment team to query the starter declaration form that was attached in the additional information section of the CS jobs website. I was informed to ignore this as it won't be required until a start date has been issued and the new employee has an HR account set up.

Hi, i was wondering what number you used to contact HMRC? I also recieved a provisional offer and they have sent me about 3 emails asking for more documentation re my dbs. I have taken these into Croydon and sent them emails back. However, i recieved another email today asking for the same documents.
Reply 63
My sisters pre employment checks took about 2 months. I know they said a July start but at this point. I'm just going to tell myself August
Reply 64
Just a quick update guys, my status has now changed to "We're conducting some pre-employment checks before we make you a formal offer.

We'll contact you when we have finished these"
Reply 65
Original post by Onomskky
Just a quick update guys, my status has now changed to "We're conducting some pre-employment checks before we make you a formal offer.

We'll contact you when we have finished these"

And what was it before?
Reply 66
Original post by agsss
And what was it before?

It was just provisional offer.
Does your status state the same?
Reply 67

Is it on the "applications" or "application centre" page? And did you end up sending your dbs to them?
Reply 68

This is the original message 'We'd like to make you a provisional job offer.
We're conducting some pre-employment checks before we make you a formal offer.
We'll contact you when we have finished these.'
I was offered a provisional offer by Bolton office on the 7th June. I received my DBS last week. Don't know if I should contact them or not since the offer letter clearly states that they will be in touch once all the pre employment are done.
Reply 70
Hi onomskky, the statud you are talking about pec is standard, and the provisional offer status would still remain.
@ Niriden, did you have your assessment done in Croydon too? The username corresponds with a chap I spoke to on my syndicate for that day.
@ agss, very true.
Bottom line is no one has had a formal offer confirmed or turned down.
If anyone gets a formal offer and a start date, please do well to inform the thread.
I am awaiting news too, as I have not heard back since I took my original paperwork to the assessment centre.
Fingers crossed. Whatever the case is, I need 4 weeks notice at work which would stretch till August either way.
@Niriden, 2 months sounds long enough considering the number of starters. What happens when people have different notice periods then? I am assuming everyone has to have the same start date. I could be wrong though.
Reply 72
Hi all, just a heads up- i received an email saying my pre- employment checks have been completed and that someone will be in touch re start date and further information.
Original post by MissSyal
Hi all, just a heads up- i received an email saying my pre- employment checks have been completed and that someone will be in touch re start date and further information.

Wow congrats,
Reply 74

Oh wow that's fantastic news...I'm now gonna be checking my emails like a crazy person
Reply 75

OMG, wicked news! Congratulations.
Now I keep checking my email every 5min lol and guess what still nothing loool
Reply 76
Original post by agsss
OMG, wicked news! Congratulations.
Now I keep checking my email every 5min lol and guess what still nothing loool

Haha you and me both
By the looks of things, people who applied at croydon got a 1st of june provisional offer, and everyone else 6th of june? I applied at the peterlee branch and had my provisional offer of the 6th, I did have to go take an extra proof of ID form down because one of the forms i gave them was outdated. Hopefully with one person receiving a "we will let you know the start date" email, the rest should follow within the next 4 days or so (for 6th june people) its a nightmare just waiting around for an official start date :frown:
Reply 78
@ missyal I suspect that by the next couple of days we would start hearing news of formal offers
Hello .....applied for the Croydon HQ and have been confirmed yesterday that my checks were satisfactorily completed and to await further info from post holder. Just stumbled across my DBS certificate this morning. So I guess you all should be looking forward to getting the same news latest, next week.......👍🏽
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending