The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 D2 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
I thought that was pretty hard.

Putting the game theory solution into a simplex tableau will cause problems and order book Dynamic programming questions are the hardest type.

having a negative slack variable in the simplex question was very weird too.
Original post by Arsey

Putting the game theory solution into a simplex tableau will cause problems and order book Dynamic programming questions are the hardest type.

Edexcel have been horrible this year with their exams after last years easy exams. i even found s2 hard!
Reply 282
Original post by alexthompson1998
Edexcel have been horrible this year with their exams after last years easy exams. i even found s2 hard!

Other than Core 4 which I thought was okay (ish) most of them have been harder this year.
Original post by Arsey
Other than Core 4 which I thought was okay (ish) most of them have been harder this year.

its always reassuring after an exam to hear that tho
Original post by Arsey

Can you predict the grade boundaries please?
any grade boundaries ideas?
Original post by jonny5263
any grade boundaries ideas?

I was thinking around 67 for an A* and 60 for an A. It was a hard paper but would be surprised if they were any lower
The paper was easy except for the last question, idk why last years paper had high grade boundaries, personally i found that more harder
Original post by JoshC98
I was thinking around 67 for an A* and 60 for an A. It was a hard paper but would be surprised if they were any lower

What do you think 40/75 would get me?
I got a negative improvement index when asked if T was optimal. I think it was the cell D3 and was -1, Anyone else?
Original post by anna096
I got a negative improvement index when asked if T was optimal. I think it was the cell D3 and was -1, Anyone else?

I think i got a -2 in cell B3 but there was another negative i got was a -1 cant remember which cell.
Reply 291
Did anyone else run out of time, or am I in the minority? Got up to three-quarters through Q7. a)
Original post by 8752
For the question on game theory when it asked you to formulate it as a linear programming problem (the question before you had to put it in the simplex) did it say write your answer as inequalities or equalities??

It said write them as equations so you had to include slack variables
When finding the second theta value , which was 11, did anyone get the "cycle"? So when you basically make a square / rectangle out of it
Original post by Historygcse
When finding the second theta value , which was 11, did anyone get the "cycle"? So when you basically make a square / rectangle out of it

Yep.
Original post by JoshC98
Yep.

And for the first theta value, 3, no cycle? It just carried on until the end, right?
And for the first theta value, 3, no cycle? It just carried on until the end, right?

Please reply , thanks
Please reply , thanks

Yes
Very generous paper, except dynamic programming, I'm pretty sure I got the final solution right, but lost some marks on other parts of the table. That really went well considering I revised for 1 day.
Reply 299
Didn't set the constraints up as equations, so I didn't add slack variables to it in the formulation of the game theory. How many marks will this drop me? I did however add the slack variables in setting the tableau up, believe I've got that fully right.

Quick Reply

Latest