The Student Room Group

C2 - Logarithms

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RDKGames
Your method is correct, you rounded too much. I did too lol.

I used exact values on my calc and got x to be 36.777... which is 36.8 to 3 d.p.

Nvm, realised mistake soon enough.
Kept doing cos (5/8) in calculator when I was meant to do 5/8 because the value was already given, :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chittesh14
Nvm, realised mistake soon enough.
Kept doing cos (5/8) in calculator when I was meant to do 5/8 because the value was already given, :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was working on ano's sin(3) thing with nested radicals but well done you noticed where you went wrong :biggrin:
I was working on ano's sin(3) thing with nested radicals but well done you noticed where you went wrong :biggrin:

Lol :smile:. Btw, what does it mean when it says "find the value of x for which AC has a minimum value." :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol :smile:. Btw, what does it mean when it says "find the value of x for which AC has a minimum value." :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't say without a context, it can mean different things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it -1?
Can't say without a context, it can mean different things.

Ok. I understand it, but I don't know how to solve it lmao.

AC^2 = x^2 - x + 7 = 0
Find the value of x for which AC has minimum value.

I get it so what value of x will give AC its lowest value possible. But, how do I work that out? The answer is 1/2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok. I understand it, but I don't know how to solve it lmao.

AC^2 = x^2 - x + 7 = 0
Find the value of x for which AC has minimum value.

I get it so what value of x will give AC its lowest value possible. But, how do I work that out? The answer is 1/2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm unsure how you got there, but it makes sense. Here you need to differentiate in respect to x. In order to get the minimum point, make that differential =0.
I'm unsure how you got there, but it makes sense. Here you need to differentiate in respect to x. In order to get the minimum point, make that differential =0.

But, that isn't a part of what I'm learning. This chapter is called sine and cosine rule lol... :s-smilie:. Dam man I'm endangered haha. I'll send you the whole question and a similar question that I encountered before and see if you can work out the answer from one of them and then both of them. Maybe, u will understand when I send a question over.

I am going to eat now so I'll send in 25 minutes :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But, that isn't a part of what I'm learning. This chapter is called sine and cosine rule lol... :s-smilie:. Dam man I'm endangered haha. I'll send you the whole question and a similar question that I encountered before and see if you can work out the answer from one of them and then both of them. Maybe, u will understand when I send a question over.

I am going to eat now so I'll send in 25 minutes :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is Core 2, right? Differentiation comes from Core 1.
This is Core 2, right? Differentiation comes from Core 1.

Yeah I know. But, are u expected to use core 1 knowledge in a core 2 exam is what I'm wondering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I know. But, are u expected to use core 1 knowledge in a core 2 exam is what I'm wondering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Core 1 acts as the basis to Core 2, 3 and 4 so yes, you do.

Alternatively, you can complete the square to find the minimum point of that quadratic.
Core 1 acts as the basis to Core 2, 3 and 4 so yes, you do.

Alternatively, you can complete the square to find the minimum point of that quadratic.

Thanks bro! Completing the square sounds better even though I can do both lolz I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How you getting along with that problem?
Original post by Ano123
How you getting along with that problem?

I solved it. I'm just having difficulties uploading the images onto the site. You should probably add the rule about nested radical's in there, I had to look that one up lol.
I solved it. I'm just having difficulties uploading the images onto the site. You should probably add the rule about nested radical's in there, I had to look that one up lol.

What rule?
Original post by Ano123
What rule?

The root(a+2root(b))=root(x+y+2root(xy))=root(x)+root(y)
The root(a+2root(b))=root(x+y+2root(xy))=root(x)+root(y)

Didn't use it. Well you'll have to post your solution so we can take a look. Good job.
Original post by Ano123
Didn't use it. Well you'll have to post your solution so we can take a look. Good job.

I'm having two issues uploading the image directly to the thread; the first uploads sideways and the rest are not valid attachments that lead anywhere. Any way around this?
I'm having two issues uploading the image directly to the thread; the first uploads sideways and the rest are not valid attachments that lead anywhere. Any way around this?

What file is the image, did you take the picture using your phone, or is it on your computer?
Original post by Ano123
What file is the image, did you take the picture using your phone, or is it on your computer?

Took them on my iphone, uploaded them to my computer. They are JPG format.

Quick Reply

Latest