The Student Room Group

Grad jobs

Hi,
I was wondering if graduate jobs are worth it, and if anyone could give me the names of some companies that run them?
Original post by mjay03
Hi,
I was wondering if graduate jobs are worth it, and if anyone could give me the names of some companies that run them?

Grad jobs is way too broad a category

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Any suggestions what to narrow it down to
Original post by mjay03

What skills do you think you have?

Good with people? Gift of the gab? Strategic thinker? Team player? Good with numbers?

What interests do you have?

Would you like to work for a specific industry? Are there any jobs that are particularly of interest to you? What do you naturally look up in your spare time?

What type of environment do you want to work in?

An office? In a hospital? Out in the field? In a classroom? Small company v big company?

etc

I'd make use of the prospects site as they have a semi-decent shortlisting tool as well as various career profiles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mjay03

What subject you're studying at uni and which sector you plan to go into post graduation would be starters.

Grad schemes relevant to engineering graduates would be very different to those relevant to language graduates for example.

Plus, even within those, there will be a lot of variety of what you can go into
Reply 5
Original post by mjay03

There are grad jobs in pretty much any industry.
What do you want to work in? Retail management, management consultancy, accounting, IT, business analyst, sales, finance?

Companies that are known for great graduate programmes are the Big4 accounting firms, the law investment banks, the major FTSE 100 companies and companies like Unilever, IBM and Asda/Lidl/Aldi (these are for graduate schemes- you won't be stacking shelves).
Reply 6
you need to research the UK graduate labour market!
just finished my module which included it
Reply 7
also, if u want recent stats to help u decide, take a trip to the ONS (office of national statistics)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending