The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Think it'd be advisable for you to talk to your parents or a doctor instead of a bunch of people on an internet forum.

What's the big ****ing problem m8?
Original post by Number Nine
Hungarian mathematician takes pills to do maths

Who is it?

Spoiler

That guy is a legend, he has published so many papers it is unbelievable. :biggrin:
Original post by Insight314

I dunno, I don't think it's advisable to take dosage advice off the internet. :erm:
Original post by Zacken
I dunno, I don't think it's advisable to take dosage advice off the internet. :erm:

If one tells me that in his opinion it is sensible to take 10g of paracetamol in one intake, would you think I won't first use my brain and then think of whether this is a sensible dosage or not? I was asking for an opinion, not an order. So, again, what is the big problem with asking for an opinion on an "internet forum"?

You need to talk to someone who knows their **** instead of us lot. Seriously. Its dangerous.
Your having withdrawal symptoms from taking tablets and your 16 you have to see a doctor about it.
Also don't take that nuch paracetamol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hungarian mathematician takes pills to do maths

Who is it?

Spoiler

Lots of good Hungarian mathematicians, anyone know why?

Original post by Zacken

Everyone on the internet has a PhD in googling stuff, we're all experts on everything
That guy is a legend, he has published so many papers it is unbelievable. :biggrin:

I know a guy with erdos number 2
Original post by physicsmaths
You need to talk to someone who knows their **** instead of us lot. Seriously. Its dangerous.
Your having withdrawal symptoms from taking tablets and your 16 you have to see a doctor about it.
Also don't take that nuch paracetamol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was asking for an opinion m8, chill then ffs.

And stop bringing my age about everything.
Original post by gasfxekl
I know a guy with erdos number 2

Is that Siklos?
**** sake what has happened here
If one tells me that in his opinion it is sensible to take 10g of paracetamol in one intake, would you think I won't first use my brain and then think of whether this is a sensible dosage or not? I was asking for an opinion, not an order. So, again, what is the big problem with asking for an opinion on an "internet forum"?

Some advice can sound like common sense, but is dangerous. Common sense is not to be trusted in all matters. You have helpful idiots who like to pretend they are medical experts, and they might give you advice which will mess you up. Or you might have sinister people who deliberately feed you false information

Tl;dr, Everyone on the internet is your enemy, trust nobody
Original post by Mathemagicien
Lots of good Hungarian mathematicians, anyone know why?

Everyone on the internet has a PhD in googling stuff, we're all experts on everything

Google is the best supplier of doctorate degrees. :biggrin:
**** sake what has happened here

Drugs.

Some advice can sound like common sense, but is dangerous. Common sense is not to be trusted in all matters. You have helpful idiots who like to pretend they are medical experts, and they might give you advice which will mess you up. Or you might have sinister people who deliberately feed you false information

Tl;dr, Everyone on the internet is your enemy, trust nobody

Yeah, I get what you are trying to saying.
Drugs.

Yeah, I get what you are trying to saying.

Perhaps I know a friend who is in the pharmaceutical industry, and he said that paracetamol is fine for larger doses. Or at least, that's what I remember. Would you trust my memory in a decision like this?

Perhaps I am a chemistry student. I know **** all about biology, actually, but I have convinced myself that I am actually an expert in biochemistry. But I talk in science-y language, I sound actually quite convincing

Perhaps I am Mathemagicien, an evil person who hates people and is always trying to trick them into harming themselves. Oh yeah, I say, I took a few kilograms of that stuff the other day, its fine, they just say not to take too much to cover themselves, its like best before dates, they don't really mean that much

Perhaps I am a layman, who just googled your question. I came across a website that gave some advice. I copy and paste it here, as if it were my own advice. What was the source? Oh, something like "greenmarxistrevolution.org/conspiracies/bigpharma/thedrugdeception.html". But I didn't tell you that
Perhaps I know a friend who is in the pharmaceutical industry, and he said that paracetamol is fine for larger doses. Or at least, that's what I remember. Would you trust my memory in a decision like this?

Perhaps I am a chemistry student. I know **** all about biology, actually, but I have convinced myself that I am actually an expert in biochemistry. But I talk in science-y language, I sound actually quite convincing

Perhaps I am Mathemagicien, an evil person who hates people and is always trying to trick them into harming themselves. Oh yeah, I say, I took a few kilograms of that stuff the other day, its fine, they just say not to take too much to cover themselves, its like best before dates, they don't really mean that much

Perhaps I am a layman, who just googled your question. I came across a website that gave some advice. I copy and paste it here, as if it were my own advice. What was the source? Oh, something like "greenmarxistrevolution.org/conspiracies/bigpharma/thedrugdeception.html". But I didn't tell you that

"greenmarxistrevolution" LOL :rofl:

I agree with you, I guess I was just asking physicsmaths to keep up the convo, I don't know m8.

Changing the topic, have you started V&M?
I was asking for an opinion m8, chill then ffs.

And stop bringing my age about everything.

I am chilled mate. Im just giving u advice that taking caffein pills is not healthy. Your age is everything, it affects it.
If you got a real bad headache you should see a doctor.
I don't know why you wouldn't see a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you alright.
U been taking caffeine pills aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he may have a very bad headache. He should take at least 10g of paracetamol. :wink:
"greenmarxistrevolution" LOL :rofl:

I agree with you, I guess I was just asking physicsmaths to keep up the convo, I don't know m8.

Changing the topic, have you started V&M?

I thought you were trolling, but better to make sure

Yep, I've started going through the notes, although atm its just going over A-level stuff a little more rigorously

Are you alright.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Never taken caffeine pills, they're a government conspiracy to turn us all into reptiles
I thought you were trolling, but better to make sure

Yep, I've started going through the notes, although atm its just going over A-level stuff a little more rigorously

That's pretty much how it is at the start, but make sure you follow through it since the rigor is important. Have you tried the example sheets? Questions 1 to 5 are accessible after finishing Chapter 1: Complex numbers.

Latest

Trending

Trending