The Student Room Group

Does everyone get a limo for prom?

I don't know if paying about £350 for a limo is worth it, that's about £50 for each person. Do many people just turn up in their parent's car?

Scroll to see replies

Don't bother with a limo - seriously overrated - just turn up in your parents car like everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go for a limo, you may never get that oppurtunity again.

Or maybe something cool like a party bus
Reply 3
I personally find it to be such a waste of money (especially since you will be in there for a short amount of time. No-one in y year group bothered, and some even came with children scooters whilst wearing very expensive suits :laugh:
i got myself a party bus. so much better than a limo
Reply 5
Original post by nomophobia
Don't bother with a limo - seriously overrated - just turn up in your parents car like everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

my parents don't drive... I walked to prom but then again it was in my school hall which is like 15 mins from my house
Worth it if you wanna keep memories with your friends.

Not worth it if you don't wanna keep memories with some people.
Reply 7
Original post by kkboyk
I personally find it to be such a waste of money (especially since you will be in there for a short amount of time. No-one in y year group bothered, and some even came with children scooters whilst wearing very expensive suits :laugh:

thats such a better idea, compared to the limo hahah
Reply 8
Original post by AxSirlotl
I don't know if paying about £350 for a limo is worth it, that's about £50 for each person. Do many people just turn up in their parent's car?

just think what you could get instead with that £50... get yourself some nice clothes instead rather than a seat in a car
Reply 9

No, I walked to mine. no regrets.
Reply 10
Original post by fefssdf
just think what you could get instead with that £50... get yourself some nice clothes instead rather than a seat in a car

Yeah, I've asked around and if I don't go in a limo, I won't be the only one. If others aren't bothering with limos then I won't either.
Yeah, I've asked around and if I don't go in a limo, I won't be the only one. If others aren't bothering with limos then I won't either.

you don't wanna be that one group that opts for their limo as then it will just be awkward.. i remember at my prom when these girls turned up in some sports car and drove right up to the venue ( my school hall lolol) and everyone just looked at them like ' who do you think you are '
How big is your prom? For me prom was quite small so getting a limo would have been pointless as no on e would have seen you in it.

just advertise or get in either the right people and you can get other cars for a lot less if they drive

Spoiler

I just turned up in my dad's cool Toyota Avensis
Reply 15
Original post by Ladymusiclover
How big is your prom? For me prom was quite small so getting a limo would have been pointless as no on e would have seen you in it.

I think that there are quite a few going, don't know the exact number, we're not a small school though.
I took my Prom date on a scooter in Paris. Great times...
Reply 17
A guy from our school went in a wheelbarrow lmao (his brother carried him)
Original post by goam
A guy from our school went in a wheelbarrow lmao (his brother carried him)

i wish people at my school had a bit of creativity
Original post by Lord Samosa
I just turned up in my dad's cool Toyota Avensis

Should of just copped a Nissan Micra

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending