The Student Room Group

Does everyone get a limo for prom?

Scroll to see replies

I want with two of my friends in a Mercedes… in general people didn't really go for fancy cars etc, they hired stuff like a mini truck, a group turned up in a hired bus whilst a small group of people turned up in a horse carriage so do what you want to do
Reply 21
Original post by fefssdf
thats such a better idea, compared to the limo hahah

If I was to go back in time, I'd probably go in a shopping trolley and pay some homeless guy to push me than to go in a limo.
I remember so many people in my year talking about renting one, including me and my friends but we all slowly dropped that plan. Only like 5 people out of almost 200 got one limo together when my prom was 3 years ago and it was about 30 min before we were allowed into the venue so barely any one was there to see it. Everyone else just came in normal cars
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Waste o money. Go on the tube. Right laugh.
It's really not worth it. When my prom came up everyone was banging on about the limos they were getting, and then only one group of people got a limo. Actually, most people came in tractors. It was kind of weird. Really though, there were so many cars coming that no one even got much of a look at how you arrived and it didn't matter in the slightest. A complete waste of money for the few that got the limo and the party bus. I'd save the money and organise something with your friends for another time. Maybe you can all go for a meal after you get your results or something.
A group of boys in my year just walked there for the banter.
Reply 26
I walked to mine haha! It was the longest day and the sun was still out :smile:
Limos are overrated and overpriced, of the two that I went to most people just came in taxis, mini buses or their parents drove them.
I like the wheelbarrow
Original post by junayd1998
Should of just copped a Nissan Micra

Too classy for me :frown:
Original post by Lord Samosa
Too classy for me :frown:

True true they are very classy.
Original post by fefssdf
my parents don't drive... I walked to prom but then again it was in my school hall which is like 15 mins from my house

That's not too bad, did yiu have to walk in massive heels though? (Unless that's not your thing)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
That's not too bad, did yiu have to walk in massive heels though? (Unless that's not your thing)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha no I've never owned a pair of heels - I wore some sandals - I think I was the only girl who didn't wear sandals
Original post by fefssdf
Hahaha no I've never owned a pair of heels - I wore some sandals - I think I was the only girl who didn't wear sandals

Oooh, really? I've got 2 pairs of gigantic heels - but then again, I need it because short girl problems. And there were actually loads of girls at my prom who didn't bother with heels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh, really? I've got 2 pairs of gigantic heels - but then again, I need it because short girl problems. And there were actually loads of girls at my prom who didn't bother with heels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh well each to their own; I'm sure you look great in heels and yeh but my school has a lot of chavs so I guess they felt they had to have heels to complete the prom look along with the tan !
Original post by fefssdf
Ahh well each to their own; I'm sure you look great in heels and yeh but my school has a lot of chavs so I guess they felt they had to have heels to complete the prom look along with the tan !

Lmaooo, how could I forget about the tan? And I get what you mean, I went to an all girls school though so I think people who didn't want to wear heels just didn't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BrianMcEgg
I want with two of my friends in a Mercedes… in general people didn't really go for fancy cars etc, they hired stuff like a mini truck, a group turned up in a hired bus whilst a small group of people turned up in a horse carriage so do what you want to do

Go for a hummer :biggrin:
Or a lambo :biggrin:
Lmaooo, how could I forget about the tan? And I get what you mean, I went to an all girls school though so I think people who didn't want to wear heels just didn't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right yeh my prom was full of boys and girls snogging each other and stuff ; I don't even know why I turned up - watching my crush snog some other girl and announce they were officially together was pretty awkward
Original post by Hugs31
I walked to mine haha! It was the longest day and the sun was still out :smile:
Limos are overrated and overpriced, of the two that I went to most people just came in taxis, mini buses or their parents drove them.

Ah I'm not the only person who walked to their prom lol ; I don't understand the hype with cars-I'd care more about what I wore than the type of car I turned up in haha
I basically went in my parents car and sneaked across the car park so I didn't make an entrance whatsoever, most people didn't even know I had arrived :biggrin: Others went in big fancy cars, limos and one group were on a bus

I'm not one of those people who wants to make big entrances, and most people in my year didn't care about me anyway

It's up to you, personally I wouldn't though
Reply 39
Original post by AxSirlotl
I don't know if paying about £350 for a limo is worth it, that's about £50 for each person. Do many people just turn up in their parent's car?

Turning up in a crap car and buying giant ribbons for it on ebay worked quite well for me, only cost like a tenner

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending