Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
What do you think 40/75 would get me?

Verdict on learning it the day before?

Ngl 40 is not bad considering that XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
I thought that was pretty hard.

Putting the game theory solution into a simplex tableau will cause problems and order book Dynamic programming questions are the hardest type.

having a negative slack variable in the simplex question was very weird too.

Grade boundary prediction Arsey?

I think 71 for an A*

Thats because it was that high one yesr and I felt this difficulty was very similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Themathgeek
Verdict on learning it the day before?

Ngl 40 is not bad considering that XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

im pretty happy i got 40. it wasn't enuf but who cares anyway. all the topics i learnt i got right in the exam. even the game theory ting!
im pretty happy i got 40. it wasn't enuf but who cares anyway. all the topics i learnt i got right in the exam. even the game theory ting!

But the real question is how the f you so sick at maths? And STEP? Whats the secret please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys anyone have an unofficial mark scheme ??
Original post by mathsmann

I could write some answers up, but I don't have the Answer booklet.
Original post by Themathgeek
But the real question is how the f you so sick at maths? And STEP? Whats the secret please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Understanding key principles and working on it. Enrichment maths like UKMT stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
I am sure i said it is optimal, because there isn't any negative improvement indices.

Dont worry, there are two ways of doing the second stepping stone; one will give negative(IF YOUR ROUTE IS IN THE TOP LEFT) and the other is positive(IF YOUR ROUTE IS ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT HENCE GIVING A SQUARE). That's why they didnt ask for the final cost because the answer can go both ways and its right as long as you are able to justify so.
Original post by The_Mentor
Dont worry, there are two ways of doing the second stepping stone; one will give negative(IF YOUR ROUTE IS IN THE TOP LEFT) and the other is positive(IF YOUR ROUTE IS ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT HENCE GIVING A SQUARE). That's why they didnt ask for the final cost because the answer can go both ways and its right as long as you are able to justify so.

Do you know if the non optimal one got you -2 as the most negative improvement indice in something like B3 with I believe a -1 in one of the other cells aswell?
Original post by edmundh52
Do you know if the non optimal one got you -2 as the most negative improvement indice in something like B3 with I believe a -1 in one of the other cells aswell?

From what I've heard, those figures seem to be correct.
Do you think I'll get the mark for finding the correct route in flow augmentation , but i for some reason found it useful to back track the route before i wrote the final answer , i don't know how and why that helped me but somehow it did. So before i wrote the final answer, i wrote the route backwards as part of my working out, but after that i wrote my final answer (correct route) beneath that. But i dont know if i crossed out the previous working out in which i wrote the route backwards, but would i still get the mark if i wrote the correct route ?? It was only one mark
Original post by Historygcse
Do you think I'll get the mark for finding the correct route in flow augmentation , but i for some reason found it useful to back track the route before i wrote the final answer , i don't know how and why that helped me but somehow it did. So before i wrote the final answer, i wrote the route backwards as part of my working out, but after that i wrote my final answer (correct route) beneath that. But i dont know if i crossed out the previous working out in which i wrote the route backwards, but would i still get the mark if i wrote the correct route ?? It was only one mark
if someone could please reply thanks
if someone could please reply thanks

Yes you will because the question asked to state the route only.

Alright, so even if i didnt state or label that this is my final answer?
E.g something like :
Final answer: S ......... T

E.g something like :
* and if i didnt cross out the part where i wrote the route backwards before the final answer was written
(edited 7 years ago)
E.g something like :
* and if i didnt cross out the part where i wrote the route backwards before the final answer was written

Yep, I did the same
Original post by mathsmann

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4194727

I wrote as many answers as I could, hope that helps.
Original post by NotNotBatman
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4194727

I wrote as many answers as I could, hope that helps.

Do you recall the total marks for each question?
Will 40/75 get 55/100 UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you recall the total marks for each question?
Will 40/75 get 55/100 UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Question 1 - 10 marks
(a) - 2
(b) - 3
(c) - 3
(d) - 2

Question 2 - 8 marks
(a) - 2
(b) - 1
(c) - 2
(d) - 1
(e) - 2

Question 3 - 9 marks
(a) - 8
(b) - 1

Question 4 - 9 Marks
(a) - 1
(b) - 5
(c) - 1
(d) - 2

Question 5 - 12 marks
(a) - 1
(b) - 1
(c) - 1
(d) - 6
(e) - 3

Question 6 - 12 marks
(a) - 2
(b) - 7
(c) - 3

Question 7 - 15 marks
(a) - 13
(b) - 2

When there is a table form dynamic programming question, boundaries don't go above 68 for 90 UMS. 40 would usually be 55-57 UMS. Do you need 55 for A* in AFM?
Original post by NotNotBatman
Question 1 - 10 marks
(a) - 2
(b) - 3
(c) - 3
(d) - 2

Question 2 - 8 marks
(a) - 2
(b) - 1
(c) - 2
(d) - 1
(e) - 2

Question 3 - 9 marks
(a) - 8
(b) - 1

Question 4 - 9 Marks
(a) - 1
(b) - 5
(c) - 1
(d) - 2

Question 5 - 12 marks
(a) - 1
(b) - 1
(c) - 1
(d) - 6
(e) - 3

Question 6 - 12 marks
(a) - 2
(b) - 7
(c) - 3

Question 7 - 15 marks
(a) - 13
(b) - 2

When there is a table form dynamic programming question, boundaries don't go above 68 for 90 UMS. 40 would usually be 55-57 UMS. Do you need 55 for A* in AFM?

Yep need 55 in D2 and 45 in S4(unsure about this aswell since it was relatively easier then normal). Hopefully I should be good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending