The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boreism
I agree to an extent but whatever the job it still has to be done, for example graduates don't intend to get a job as a cleaner, because like you said, its dehumanising and 'should not exist', but can you think of a way how toilets get cleaned?

Of couse we all had to start from somewhere when it comes to employment, but to encourage people to work jobs with fewer employment rights.
If a big employer like sports direct can abuse its employees, just imagine what private employers can do.
Its almost like modern day slavery
Original post by niv1234
The people who say these things aren't normally willing to search as hard for jobs or put so much effort into them. They are much more picky about what they want to do instead of just doing whatever they are given.

...You can't generalise like that. I'm sure there are people who are scum and people who try who are both in the group of losing a job to an undocumented person and so as I and others have said and millions will echo off of TSR, that is wrong for employers to do and for the gov't to allow. People feel bad for migrants because they see them as vulnerable because they can't speak the language normally but they're people who causing grief for others and if not, they're simply annoying and aren't exempt to the consequence of being called out on it. Stop babying them in that regard, but randomly spitting on one for instance, yea that's not on. But there are people I'm sure who have jobs who are still racist. :colonhash:
Original post by niv1234
The people who say these things aren't normally willing to search as hard for jobs or put so much effort into them. They are much more picky about what they want to do instead of just doing whatever they are given.

Would you pick fruit for seven days a week for £7.00 an hour?
Sat and Sunday you will work only half a day shift,so a day shift is six hours
Despite having to do a total commute of over two hours a day?
Original post by 0to100
...You can't generalise like that. I'm sure there are people who are scum and people who try who are both in the group of losing a job to an undocumented person and so as I and others have said and millions will echo off of TSR, that is wrong for employers to do and for the gov't to allow. People feel bad for migrants because they see them as vulnerable because they can't speak the language normally but they're people who causing grief for others and if not, they're simply annoying and aren't exempt to the consequence of being called out on it. Stop babying them in that regard, but randomly spitting on one for instance, yea that's not on. But there are people I'm sure who have jobs who are still racist. :colonhash:

I didn't say everyone said this. Only people who say things like migrants steal our jobs and then aren't bothered to go out and search for work.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Would you pick fruit for seven days a week for £7.00 an hour?
Sat and Sunday you will work only half a day shift,so a day shift is six hours
Despite having to do a total commute of over two hours a day?

No I wouldn't now but thats just because luckily I'm not in a desperate situation. But I'm sure that if I ever found myself unemployed I would do whatever it takes including that. Would you not? Would you rather be unemployed, if you were in this situation?
Original post by niv1234
I didn't say everyone said this. Only people who say things like migrants steal our jobs and then aren't bothered to go out and search for work.

I didn't say you said anyone said anything? I said you made a general statement that people specifically those without jobs are mad at foreigners who get the jobs because they're lazy.
You've said that twice and they're both fallacious... And again like I said, that's simply not always the case. There are people with jobs who are racist as well, and there are people without jobs who aren't racist/nationalistic, and don't try to tell me differently.

Either way, you can't possibly ignore employers and landlords who are lecherously (and with the apathy of the gov't) hiring and housing these people can you?

Original post by niv1234
No I wouldn't now but thats just because luckily I'm not in a desperate situation. But I'm sure that if I ever found myself unemployed I would do whatever it takes including that. Would you not? Would you rather be unemployed, if you were in this situation?

*edited in response to something else @niv1234 Exactly. And are you so sure that Brits have never been desperate and have wanted this work you say no one wants? But they don't get it because why? You can search all you want people have to hire you and if you're desperate enough to look for manual labour like agriculture and plumbing and mechanics, scrap metals, nanny etc they mostly won't get these jobs. Because they won't be hired when there's cheaper labour to consider. And it's so wrong for people to pretend they're democrats and loving advertising that no one wants these jobs so give it to migrants. That's ridiculous, there's definitely people who are citizens who WILL take manual labour.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by niv1234

I would heavily think about it first,as the pay would not stretch far, and the mental and physical toll it would inflict.
If I were to tale on such a role, I would not let the whole world know in how hard I have been working.
I do not see in why people have to slave away for peanuts, and be proud about it
Original post by ...Charlie...
It's because this country is full of self loathing anti white political correctness and they're white, bottom line.

There are no Polish grooming gangs, Slovakians are not chopping our soldiers heads off in the streets, Hungarians aren't demanding that we subvert our own culture to accommodate theirs, they have lower crime rates & lower unemployment than their non EU counter parts. There are legitimate concerns about EU migration, there's no doubt that it does undercut & depress wages of the lower skilled workers, however, I don't think EU migration would be the issue it is if it weren't for the mass of non EU migration that preceded it & continues to accompany it to this day.

lol what the f*** are you talking about? You are talking absolute sh*&*t.

Firstly britain is like 85% white, and secondly most of the hatred towards Eastern Europeans is from British whites angry at them for taking their jobs.
Reply 48
Original post by 0to100

youre a disgusting apologist you know that?
Original post by 0to100
I didn't say you said anyone said anything? I said you made a general statement that people specifically those without jobs are mad at foreigners who get the jobs because they're lazy.
You've said that twice and they're both fallacious... And again like I said, that's simply not always the case. There are people with jobs who are racist as well, and there are people without jobs who aren't racist/nationalistic, and don't try to tell me differently.

Either way, you can't possibly ignore employers and landlords who are lecherously (and with the apathy of the gov't) hiring and housing these people can you?

No, not all people. I respect people who go out and try their best to get a job when they find themselves in a desperate situation but just not those who sit at home and blame migrants for taking their jobs. Of course I agree with you that there are all different types of people that are racist/ nationalist. I've never said that there aren't any people with jobs who are racist because of course there are.

I don't see whats wrong with hiring and housing them as long as they are willing to work hard and earn their keep.
I would heavily think about it first,as the pay would not stretch far, and the mental and physical toll it would inflict.
If I were to tale on such a role, I would not let the whole world know in how hard I have been working.
I do not see in why people have to slave away for peanuts, and be proud about it

If you were desperate though you wouldn't think about work though. Think about it mate. Do you seriously believe a Brit in need of a job wouldn't take a job as a plumber, electrician, nanny, cleaner, cashier etc (the jobs "no one wants")?

I agree with you that I wouldn't let the world know how hard I'd been working if this were ever to happen to me. But I do think that if I found myself in a desperate situation I would do it. Surely peanuts is better than nothing at all and starvation?
Original post by niv1234

:ditto: My point exactly. Beggars can't be choosers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by niv1234
No, not all people. I respect people who go out and try their best to get a job when they find themselves in a desperate situation but just not those who sit at home and blame migrants for taking their jobs. Of course I agree with you that there are all different types of people that are racist/ nationalist. I've never said that there aren't any people with jobs who are racist because of course there are.

I don't see whats wrong with hiring and housing them as long as they are willing to work hard and earn their keep.

I added the word lecherously in. Lecherously as in leeching off of people. Do you know how these migrants are often treated? It's not some fairytale of peace and kindness and charity. It's predators taking in desperate vulnerable people to do extra work without the equal pay, and the gov't overlooks it. More times than not these people are migrants treated like this. And landlords have em living in slum and demand fluctuating/rising and lowering rent from em. And all while doing this behind the garb of nobility taking in foreigners...Brits in need are left with nothing.

Original post by Boreism
:ditto: My point exactly. Beggars can't be choosers.

But who's begging and choosing and turning anything down?
Reply 54
Original post by 0to100
Do you know how these migrants are often treated? It's not some fairytale of peace and kindness and charity. It's predators taking in desperate vulnerable people to do extra work without the equal pay, and the gov't overlooks it.

The irony is that you often jump at people's throats for generalising and making unsupported claims (when it often isnt)
Original post by 0to100

Well if times are hard and you don't want to do a job that isn't ideal to you, what choice do you have; poverty and starvation?

Snobbery rules again for this one but people don't intend to flip burgers at McDonalds or Burger King after studying 3-4 years at uni.
But when you have no experience what choice do you have?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
I added the word lecherously in. Lecherously as in leeching off of people. Do you know how these migrants are often treated? It's not some fairytale of peace and kindness and charity. It's predators taking in desperate vulnerable people to do extra work without the equal pay, and the gov't overlooks it. More times than not these people are migrants treated like this. And landlords have em living in slum and demand fluctuating/rising and lowering rent from em. And all while doing this behind the garb of nobility taking in foreigners...Brits in need are left with nothing.

I understand your point. But I do think that those willing to work hard should be looked after regardless of race. I know that what you are saying is true but they would have had it worse in their native countries. Of course it should be stopped though
Reply 57
British people are not entitled to a job. I'd rather the best person do the job which increases productivity and output per worker which is beneficial for the economy. Immigration isnt at breaking point, where its impossible to get a job. You just need the right skills so it is up to you to get them instead sitting on your lazy arse in your council flat complaining about immigrants.

And lets be honest, these eastern europeans are more hard working and have a better work ethic than the lazy brits. There. I said it. Sorry, no offense but its true.
Original post by Boreism
Well if times are hard and you don't want to do a job that isn't ideal to you, what choice do you have; poverty and starvation?

I'm saying I can't fathom they human being who needs work right and turns it down lol if they do that screw em! If I were in need of work and often times have been I WILL TAKE WHATEVER I can get that doesnt compromise my morals like drug dealing or prostituting someone/myself. And I'm sure I'm NOT alone. So the argument here is, for those people who do want to work but are still unemployed, many of them (granted not all) wanted (needed) to be a plumber, electrician, nanny, cook, cleaner but many times it's not Brtis doing this and so people have come to believe it's Brits "begging and choosing" when the truth is more often than not it's that there's a corrupt system taking in cheap foreign labour and treating em bad most likely underpaying as well, and ignoring Brits who wanted the job, not Brits in general. OR treating em just fine but why not an actual citizen? >_>
Original post by niv1234
I understand your point. But I do think that those willing to work hard should be looked after regardless of race. I know that what you are saying is true but they would have had it worse in their native countries. Of course it should be stopped though

But many of their countries the social mobility is harder so poverty is more...I guess...inevitable for some people and with no chance to escape on top of that. However that doesn't mean they can't live well there either. I get the concept of migrating. I don't get the concept of hiring over your own, as I also said to Boreism if you wanna read the comment I just left them. And I also don't get the concept of turning down work, even though I feel most people would take it. This is why I say it's imperative to start working young so you can build up the experience with all the "jobs no one wants." So it's not as degrading or whatever to do it when you're older. If they didn't go for the job proactively fine but still there's corruption :\

Latest

Trending

Trending