The Student Room Group

I want to buy my teacher chocolates?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
For a £1 box of chocolates, then dont you think wrapping is a bit over the top?
A card would have been nice?

:lol: when you put it that way, I suppose so. Didn't know what the price was, to be fair.

It would have been nice (especially with something of a personal, yet non-creepy message) but :dontknow: it's the thought that counts!
Reply 61
For a £1 box of chocolates, then dont you think wrapping is a bit over the top?
A card would have been nice?

A card is stupid in my opinion! I haven't and won't buy her a card so forget it, how is it over the top to wrap it?
Reply 62
I have no choice now but to give them to her directly.

So I'll stay behind after the lesson and give them? Or do it another way?

:o::angry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Sounds like a great delight as a teacher!
A milk tray is practically a marriage proposal :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 65
Original post by rubybrown1234
A milk tray is practically a marriage proposal :wink:

Spoiler

Milk tray was just a idea, if you go to page 3 I have bought her some Thorntons Moments.
Reply 66
She'll just want to leave the room because that's what she does after each lesson to go for a break, I can't stop her?

Tomorrow is the big day and I have no idea what to do.
Original post by eugene1
Milk tray was just a idea, if you go to page 3 I have bought her some Thorntons Moments.

Well then you're practically married with 4 kids and a cat :P
Didnt you claim to be 20?

This has to be a box of milk chocolates.
Reply 69
Didnt you claim to be 20?

This has to be a box of milk chocolates.

I am 20! And milk chocolates are the only thing I am giving her.
Reply 70
Tuesday didn't go well (did but didn't), didn't have the chance to do it.

Going back to the shops tomorrow, the Thorntons Moments will go to the students on the course and staff from other classes on the same department. I'll buy my maths teacher something 'special' tomorrow, so which ever is the highest price then I guess? :u:
Reply 71
Original post by eugene1
I go to college and have been doing English and Maths, my Maths teacher is the nicest person I have ever met really, She's really helped me out and always been really nice to me she called me lovely in the staff room when we had a chat about how the course was going.

I'm a guy, 20 and she is 50 to get that out of the way straight away haha, I feel it would be wrong for me not to buy her anything, and right to buy her something I am thinking of a cadbury milk tray (Type in Google in you're not sure) they are a selection of chocolates just to say thanks, so What I want to know is, would it be right to buy her a milk tray? I'll knock on the staff room on my last day and just say thanks for all the help, and I'm bought this for you to say thanks but I don't want it to come across the wrong way (I don't think it will) I asked my mate and he said she might feel embarrassed? Another mate said she will appreciate it and my thoughtfulness?

So please comment and will look forward to hearing your thoughts, please be honest this means a lot to me :smile:

I did this for all my teachers at the end of A2 :smile:
not chocolates though, the gifts were all different, e.g. alcohol for a teacher who i knew loved to drink.
She will definitely appreciate it, think of how good it would feel to have one of your students show you how much they appreciate what you've done for them!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by kelefi
I did this for all my teachers at the end of A2 :smile:
not chocolates though, the gifts were all different, e.g. alcohol for a teacher who i knew loved to drink.
She will definitely appreciate it, think of how good it would feel to have one of your students show you how much they appreciate what you've done for them!

She won't be expecting it too which is even more better I suppose! Although I have heard women don't like surprises but everyone's different.

If I buy her something expensive say between £5 and £10, can I wrap the chocolates? Thinking of wrapping them with wrapping paper obviously but would be a little strange to her if I wrapped some chocolates worth lower than say £3?
I would say yes to the chocolates and get a thank you card (also write in thank you card to show your appreciation) :smile:. I got my teacher card and chocolates and she was happy!
Original post by eugene1
She won't be expecting it too which is even more better I suppose! Although I have heard women don't like surprises but everyone's different.

If I buy her something expensive say between £5 and £10, can I wrap the chocolates? Thinking of wrapping them with wrapping paper obviously but would be a little strange to her if I wrapped some chocolates worth lower than say £3?

You can buy pre-wrapped chocolates, and they look a lot more nicer too (sainsburys do their own brand wrapped ones - which is the 'taste the difference' range) its a bit more expensive £10 but looks better.
Original post by Ladybird78
You can buy pre-wrapped chocolates, and they look a lot more nicer too (sainsburys do their own brand wrapped ones - which is the 'taste the difference' range) its a bit more expensive £10 but looks better.

He's already bought them.
Original post by eugene1
I go to college and have been doing English and Maths, my Maths teacher is the nicest person I have ever met really, She's really helped me out and always been really nice to me she called me lovely in the staff room when we had a chat about how the course was going.

I'm a guy, 20 and she is 50 to get that out of the way straight away haha, I feel it would be wrong for me not to buy her anything, and right to buy her something I am thinking of a cadbury milk tray (Type in Google in you're not sure) they are a selection of chocolates just to say thanks, so What I want to know is, would it be right to buy her a milk tray? I'll knock on the staff room on my last day and just say thanks for all the help, and I'm bought this for you to say thanks but I don't want it to come across the wrong way (I don't think it will) I asked my mate and he said she might feel embarrassed? Another mate said she will appreciate it and my thoughtfulness?

So please comment and will look forward to hearing your thoughts, please be honest this means a lot to me :smile:

Aww this is a nice post and yeh get her the chocolates - I'm sure she'll be really greatfuk ! :smile:
Original post by eugene1

Unless you're gonna give her a rose to go along with the chocolates than I doubt she'd think you're ' making a move ' on her lol ??
Reply 78
Original post by eugene1

No idea who told you women don't like surprises, I got the best reaction to my gifts from women.

I wouldnt say wrap the chocolates, if you're spending £5-10 anyway, maybe go with the standard chocolates and buy her something more lasting? could be something like a mug? have a look on amazon, you could get a maths-related mug, something funny :smile:
Reply 79
He's already bought them.

I have, but those will be for the students rather than the teacher, going shops later to buy her something, something...expensive hopefully :smile::K:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending