The Student Room Group

Idiots on nights out

I really like the music in clubs and having a few drinks(not getting smashed). However I really don't like the environment because of a lot of the people are *****es/dickheads. I go with a group of friends, both guys and girls. I'm already in a relationship so I don't want guys trying to grind with me, and also my guy friends don't want to get with random girls most of the time as most of them are in relationships too.
It's not only that, it's the lack of care for others by the people there. Like one of my friends is a bit overweight, and a lot of guys laugh at her when speaking to her and mock her in the clubs. She told me this rarely happens by other random people in the street and people just mind their own business.
Original post by Anonymous
I really like the music in clubs and having a few drinks(not getting smashed). However I really don't like the environment because of a lot of the people are *****es/dickheads. I go with a group of friends, both guys and girls. I'm already in a relationship so I don't want guys trying to grind with me, and also my guy friends don't want to get with random girls most of the time as most of them are in relationships too.
It's not only that, it's the lack of care for others by the people there. Like one of my friends is a bit overweight, and a lot of guys laugh at her when speaking to her and mock her in the clubs. She told me this rarely happens by other random people in the street and people just mind their own business.

Sadly not everyone is like you and I can see your frustration. Just ignore those people if you can and try your best to have a good night. I stopped getting leathered after 2nd year and to be honest when I now go out it makes me wonder wtf is up with some people. The daft things they get up to is just mind boggling.

My pet peeve is people who need to be put in the recovery position or those who lash out at paramedics because they have no self control. It's pathetic.
Reply 2
Original post by Zygomaticus
Sadly not everyone is like you and I can see your frustration. Just ignore those people if you can and try your best to have a good night. I stopped getting leathered after 2nd year and to be honest when I now go out it makes me wonder wtf is up with some people. The daft things they get up to is just mind boggling.

My pet peeve is people who need to be put in the recovery position or those who lash out at paramedics because they have no self control. It's pathetic.

Especially when it's people you know. I saw one guy I know who is generally really quiet on a night out, and he ended up getting kicked out because he started sexually harassing girls when he got too drunk. By that I mean he tried to pull up one girl's dress.
Original post by Anonymous
Especially when it's people you know. I saw one guy I know who is generally really quiet on a night out, and he ended up getting kicked out because he started sexually harassing girls when he got too drunk. By that I mean he tried to pull up one girl's dress.

Complete and utter idiot. That sort of behaviour is just so wrong?? I can't fathom the sort of person who'd do that.

I barely go out nowadays bar the occasional Friday night. I've got to be in for teaching early and any unprofessional behaviour in front of patients will get me slaughtered. I'll post up the next dumb thing I see on here when I do go :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Foo.mp3
What would you like us to do about this, dear?

Not much, I just wanted to see if other people feel the same way.
Original post by Zygomaticus
Complete and utter idiot. That sort of behaviour is just so wrong?? I can't fathom the sort of person who'd do that.

I barely go out nowadays bar the occasional Friday night. I've got to be in for teaching early and any unprofessional behaviour in front of patients will get me slaughtered. I'll post up the next dumb thing I see on here when I do go :tongue:

Teachers have students, doctors have patients. This website is based in a country that spawned the english language yet many cant seem to speak it properly. Take that other thread about corsage as another example.
They might be under the influence of alcohol idk
Original post by Laomedeia
Teachers have students, doctors have patients. This website is based in a country that spawned the english language yet many cant seem to speak it properly. Take that other thread about corsage as another example.

Sorry I don't quite get your point? The timetabled session is called teaching, so I had to be in for 'teaching'? It doesn't specify who is giving the teaching and it can range from doctors, fellow peers, physios, nurses etc. A teacher can be a student too, given that we are all continually learning? As for doctors having patients, this is only when a duty of care has been established. For all it's worth, those doctors who are in labs doing research and don't have 'patients' in the traditional sense tend to be some of the most important figures in the healthcare system, yet given the traditional perception of doctors, they are usually overlooked.

As for the getting slaughtered part, I was just remarking on how over time my lifestyle has changed. It's no longer the case that I'm in a lecture theatre day in day out where being hung over merely affected me. I'm now a part (albeit a small one) of the MDT and as such I have to make sure I'm on the ball whenever needed. Ergo, I don't go out during the week if I'm scheduled to be in hospitals early since I don't want to provide sub-optimal care. Friday and Saturday nights are enough for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending