The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would've just ****ing taken the nearest objects (hopefully knives) I could find and went Ramsey on them.
Original post by Insight314
I would've just ****ing taken the nearest objects (hopefully knives) I could find and went Ramsey on them.

Too much GoT...
Original post by EricPiphany
Too much GoT...

Man that **** is disgusting. absolutely repulsive. everytime i see or read anything from GoT I wish my bloody stars I hadn't. If I couldn't only unsee what I've seen of it so far
Man that **** is disgusting. absolutely repulsive. everytime i see or read anything from GoT I wish my bloody stars I hadn't. If I couldn't only unsee what I've seen of it so far

Lol, I find it cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some deaths are gory but amazingly satisfying, especially when you've hated a character/love the character that's doing the killing

#Aryafromtheblockno1fanclub
Original post by Gregorius
So do I; and since I have published with him, my erdos number is 3. :u:

There are quite a lot of us...:colonhash:

Sorry, but what's an erdos number?
Original post by Insight314
Lol, I find it cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uggh, I really like the books, but I'm not fond of the TV show. But the silly old man just won't get on with writing it. It's so frustrating, i end up watching the tv show at times and then regret my decision shortly after
Original post by krishdesai7

Paul Erdos was a peripatetic mathematician who made numerous contributions in numerous areas of mathematics. He was also well known for travelling the world from collaborator to collaborator - and published jointly with many other mathematicians.

Hence the invention of the Erdos Number. If you had a joint publication with Erdos, your Erdos number is one. If you publish with a mathematician who has an Erdos number of n, your Erdos number is n+1. (You need a minimization step in the latter; your Erdos number is n+1 if the mathematician you publish with is n and is minimal amongst your joint authors.)
Paul Erdos was a peripatetic mathematician who made numerous contributions in numerous areas of mathematics. He was also well known for travelling the world from collaborator to collaborator - and published jointly with many other mathematicians.

Hence the invention of the Erdos Number. If you had a joint publication with Erdos, your Erdos number is one. If you publish with a mathematician who has an Erdos number of n, your Erdos number is n+1. (You need a minimization step in the latter; your Erdos number is n+1 if the mathematician you publish with is n and is minimal amongst your joint authors.)

My favourite thing is the friendship theorem in graph theory what Erdos proved. That was incredible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is zackens birthday today.
Wish him a happy birthday otherwise yur gna miss ur offerz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krishdesai7

There's also a Bacon number.

Mine is 2.

Well not strictly but a former work colleague has worked professionally with him (not acting).
Original post by jneill
There's also a Bacon number.

Mine is 2.

Well not strictly but a former work colleague has worked professionally with him (not acting).

Neat! And for chess players we have the Morphy Number.
Neat! And for chess players we have the Morphy Number.

Why did chess pick somone from the 1800's!? That's bizarre... - was he actually a well-known player back then.

I presume yours is 5? :wink:
Original post by jneill
Why did chess pick somone from the 1800's!? That's bizarre... - was he actually a well-known player back then.

I think that he's regarded as one of the first chess-super-geniuses.

I presume yours is 5? :wink:

Nope, I'm lousy at chess!
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

@Zacken happy birthday!! :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy Birthday, @Zacken! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy Birthday Zacken!

Spoiler

Happy birthday Zacken

Original post by Serine Soul
@Zacken happy birthday!! :party:

You're the only non-mathmo I've seen post on here for a long time (except for Jneill) I think :tongue:
Original post by Mathemagicien
Happy birthday Zacken

You're the only non-mathmo I've seen post on here for a long time (except for Jneill) I think :tongue:

Oi.
Jneill is a mathmo aswell. Racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oi.
Jneill is a mathmo aswell. Racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also thought he was a mathmo, but asked him once and he said that he ain't one lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending