The Student Room Group

Daily mail calls out THE STUDENT ROOM!

Scroll to see replies

bahahaha
Original post by Banana208
Ohh well I'll say my happy birthday in advance then :h:
Really sorry to hear about the difficulties you have to face every day :frown: is it hard to live with??

Not really, some people have it far worse. I can't do little things like ride a bike or tie shoelaces, and I doubt I'll ever be able to drive either, but it hasn't really impacted on my life beyond that.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Not really, some people have it far worse. I can't do little things like ride a bike or tie shoelaces, and I doubt I'll ever be able to drive either, but it hasn't really impacted on my life beyond that.

Awww hope things get better for you :h::h: I mean your basically daily mail famous :biggrin:
You just reminded me of how grateful I should really be. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Indeterminate
:lol:

I voted to remain (like many of us on here), but I don't think there's any point in getting upset about it tbh. What's done is done and we have to move on.

A brexit vote was always going to lead to a period of economic uncertainty, but I think people should now try be optimistic of a positive outcome. After all, as one of the world's leading economies, we're ready to face this mild turbulence from a position of strength.

A lot will depend on the next Tory government and how they set about negotiating our withdrawal.

It's not over. As long as live (or any other remainer) the war will never be over. If they won't democratically give us what we want then we fight for it, whatever it takes
I just love using the Daily Mail as my news source that is unbiased, completely accurate and reliable 👌🏻
Original post by iEthan
Did… the Daily Mail… get permission for this…? Do they have to…?

@Captain Jack this might surprise you a little bit if you don't know about it… :lol:

Such crap journalism. HELLO I have to EMPHASISE my points with CAPITALS to suit our READERS.
At any rate… lol.

No, thankfully in the Western world you do not need permission to quote someone in an article.
Reply 66
Original post by Desi123

is this real life?

This is fake, too much text.
Original post by iEthan
Did… the Daily Mail… get permission for this…? Do they have to…?

@Captain Jack this might surprise you a little bit if you don't know about it… :lol:

Such crap journalism. HELLO I have to EMPHASISE my points with CAPITALS to suit our READERS.
At any rate… lol.

No, they don't need permission. If they're going to critique TSR's comments maybe you lot should do the same! :lol:
Original post by Desi123
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3666112/Students-claim-suffering-depression-Brexit.html

'I'm grieving for our loss of cultural enrichment': Students claim they will fail their exams because they are so DEPRESSED about Brexit

lol.. strong everything
Considering TSR has been on the news on the box before, and on BBC Radio, and mentioned on news sites, this isn't really new.
Well done TwinPeaks for putting us on the map!!

As for the article in general, well, you must be doing something right if you piss Daily Mail readers off this much :u:
Original post by Tootles
Considering TSR has been on the news on the box before, and on BBC Radio, and mentioned on news sites, this isn't really new.

Yeah but come on, being mentioned on the Daily Mail is a true honour. :wink:
lol well the thread was silly so I guess DM had to publicise it.
Did anyone else just go straight to the comments when seeing the article?:mmm:
I'm honestly a little disappointed that they didn't pick one of my complaints :emo:
They really managed show TSR for what it is.

Well done Daily Mail, hopefully they will run more stories in the future.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Did anyone else just go straight to the comments when seeing the article?:mmm:

I tried to leave one but I honestly cannot bring myself to create a Daily Mail account :rofl: that's a whole new low
It's funny how most of the comments just focus on 'growing up', I call non-constructive...

Majority of students on this website are teenagers, not old grumpy people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So where are the people like twinpeaks who made the thread? Hopefully too scared to show their face.

I think this is excellent news. Maybe then these certain tsrians can finally get a taste of the real world instead of dwelling in this cave mentality of collective thinking on ere. :u:
Original post by SophiaNeuning
Yeah but come on, being mentioned on the Daily Mail is a true honour. :wink:
No.
Interesting

Quick Reply

Latest