The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rebecca_:)
you'll get somewhere- you've listed so many choices. Keep positive and I've got my fingers crossed for you :':wink:

Have you had any further luck Rebecca?
Original post by lawgrad13
Have you had any further luck Rebecca?

just at AO level- start on Monday. Got a degree in maths so really want to be at grade O by the end of next year. Although coming from retail I'm just grateful for any job in the civil service :smile: how's your situation? Boy it's a long process!
Original post by sw1981
Good man! :-) Things couldn't really be better for you then? :-) Congratulations! That's a little reassuring...there's perhaps a little hope for me yet then with my 555 also. Hahaha! Fingers crossed! :-)

I scored 544 and was offered Leeds so that's at least one location you could expect an offer from at some point if you scored higher than me.
Original post by pukahontas
I scored 544 and was offered Leeds so that's at least one location you could expect an offer from at some point if you scored higher than me.

That's one of the places they did ask me about funnily enough. Maybe the old criminal record has snookered me with it all. Lol. But congratulatioms to you on getting Leeds, well done! :-) When do you start?
Original post by rebecca_:)
just at AO level- start on Monday. Got a degree in maths so really want to be at grade O by the end of next year. Although coming from retail I'm just grateful for any job in the civil service :smile: how's your situation? Boy it's a long process!

I've had a provisional offer for O and awaiting to hear back regarding the HO campaign. Agreed! I started the application back in November I think, just got to keep the faith as it really tests one's patience!
Original post by sw1981
That's one of the places they did ask me about funnily enough. Maybe the old criminal record has snookered me with it all. Lol. But congratulatioms to you on getting Leeds, well done! :-) When do you start?

No idea, the provisional offer stated that they're unable to offer start dates until towards the end of the year due to their Shipley office being flooded and the staff there working in Leeds so they've no room for new starters. But then someone else on here was offered an August start date but at a different office in Leeds to that which I'm expecting to work in.
Original post by pukahontas
No idea, the provisional offer stated that they're unable to offer start dates until towards the end of the year due to their Shipley office being flooded and the staff there working in Leeds so they've no room for new starters. But then someone else on here was offered an August start date but at a different office in Leeds to that which I'm expecting to work in.

It's been some experience, the lot of it! Lol.
Original post by lawgrad13
I've had a provisional offer for O and awaiting to hear back regarding the HO campaign. Agreed! I started the application back in November I think, just got to keep the faith as it really tests one's patience!

Are the two of them not the same campaign if you know what I mean? Lol. I would have thought that the HO posts would have been finalised before the O posts? Although nothing I've encountered with this process seems to be logical or simple at all to be honest! Lol.
Reply 528
Things can change quickly. I received a provisional offer email on Sunday subject to pre-employment checks( email said could take four weeks to complete) and I received an email today saying that my pre-employment checks have been completed so now just waiting to be given a start date. So do not lose hope.
Reply 529
Original post by jas87
Things can change quickly. I received a provisional offer email on Sunday subject to pre-employment checks( email said could take four weeks to complete) and I received an email today saying that my pre-employment checks have been completed so now just waiting to be given a start date. So do not lose hope.

Where are you due to be based? I had my pre employment checks completed earlier in the week, just waiting on start date.
Reply 530
Original post by jas87

wow that was quick.
i got my provisional offer on May 10, its now July 1st and I am still waiting for pre employment checks to go through
Reply 531
Pre employment checks satisfactorily completed!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!
Original post by Sljca

Well done to all you guys who have had offers! :-) I've still heard nothing, so think I shall just throw the towel in! Would like a normal life again after 7 months of torture! Good luck to you all in your new roles! :-D
Reply 533
Original post by Sljca

Well done. I've had mine completed also this week, just waiting for further contact.
also pre employment checks satisfactorily completed yay!!!! Let's hope the wait for the start date isn't stretched out for another 7 weeks!!!
Original post by Echopark88
also pre employment checks satisfactorily completed yay!!!! Let's hope the wait for the start date isn't stretched out for another 7 weeks!!!

woohoo! Which location are you for echopark?
Original post by hellojo
woohoo! Which location are you for echopark?

Manchester
Reply 537
Manchester

I'm Salford echopark!! We'll be up the road from each other!!
Original post by Sljca
I'm Salford echopark!! We'll be up the road from each other!!

:smile: whereabouts is the office in Salford?
:smile: whereabouts is the office in Salford?

It's called Trinity Bridge House, next door to the The Lowry Hotel.*

Latest