The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

London Intercollegiate halls in freshers

I start at Ucl in September and I've just found out I've been placed in an intercollegiate hall when I didn't apply for intercollegiate. I'm freaking out a little bit and am kinda after some reassurance. I'm concerned about the social life and how it works. With the different unis having different start dates and different freshers weeks surely this makes it tricky to make friends as some people will be settled but the time you arrive? How does it work with the different unis having different freshers events? Is it easy to find people at the same uni as you? Can someone just tell me how it works with going out and stuff? I'm really worried about it
Reply 1
Same I wasn't given UCL halls :frown:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hi if you don't mind me asking, when did you apply for UCL accommodation? I thought they send out accommodation offers starting mid-July.
Original post by MAS98
Hi if you don't mind me asking, when did you apply for UCL accommodation? I thought they send out accommodation offers starting mid-July.

Pretty much as soon as it opened but I am a deferred entry so am on a year out so they said ours could come through a bit earlier
Reply 4
Me too! I received an offer from Garden halls yesterday even though I didn't apply for it
Reply 5
Original post by e16
Me too! I received an offer from Garden halls yesterday even though I didn't apply for it

same i was given Garden halls even though I didn't apply for it. Maybe it means most people there will be from UCL?
Reply 6
Original post by trixiebellrhia
I start at Ucl in September and I've just found out I've been placed in an intercollegiate hall when I didn't apply for intercollegiate. I'm freaking out a little bit and am kinda after some reassurance. I'm concerned about the social life and how it works. With the different unis having different start dates and different freshers weeks surely this makes it tricky to make friends as some people will be settled but the time you arrive? How does it work with the different unis having different freshers events? Is it easy to find people at the same uni as you? Can someone just tell me how it works with going out and stuff? I'm really worried about it

Original post by RAV 123
same i was given Garden halls even though I didn't apply for it. Maybe it means most people there will be from UCL?

Original post by e16

I applied for Garden Halls seperately because I purposely really want to go there. You'll find a lot of people from UCL so just don't worry about it! There will be plenty of flatmates from your uni or even your course.
Also garden halls you move in on 18th which is a week before freshers as far as I'm aware, as the UCL residencies open a week later. Added bonus is you get extra time to get settled :smile:
You'll live with people from different universities and befriend them. My advice to you is buy a good silicon earplugs with aloe to mute as much of the sound and be able to get a reasonable amount of sleep for the lectures and work.
Reply 8
Original post by RAV 123

I hope so because freshers week is at different times for different unis. It seems like it'll be housing a lot of students so there should be quite a lot from UCL (fingers crossed) 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply