The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
I tried a "hearing-voices support group" a few years ago. It actually made me feel really depressed because I was the youngest by a good 25 years and all these older people were still struggling with their voices every day - it made me feel hopeless about the future. I don't know if a depression support group would be the same but I think you should give it a go, you never know :smile:

If you're looking for social activities have you tried seeing if your local Mind charity has any classes/events? I did badminton and an art group with them and found it great for getting out of the house and interacting with people.

Thanks for your input :smile:. Unfortunately, I don't think Mind operates in Scotland, but there are similar charities here that I could have a look at :yep:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Have ****ed this completely up.
No support from now on because I'm leaving college for good. (Have now officially left) I'm so ****ed and I don't know what to do because I can't tell my parents about this as they think I'm just stupid.
Can't see my GP as can't get a appointment for like 2 weeks and it'll mess work up. Not sure how to tell her (the counsellor) I'm not coming back to college either.

I've completely shot myself in the foot. I'm back at square one and work have no clue about any of this at all. Not only do I loose support, means I have to now maybe pay for my meds from September which means that I'm going to be paying a lot of money each month because of the stupid system.

Is there a local Mind in your area or similar? They sometimes offer counselling or similar.
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you considered an apprenticeship? (Sorry if I already asked you this before). That way you can learn and get paid at the same time.

Have you looked into getting an NHS 12 month prepayment certificate? It's a bit over 100 pounds but that's for all prescriptions for a year.

That's why I've left college, I've got a apprenticeship instead. Sadly it doesn't count as education in most people's eyes as its work based. Meaning that my parents are going to be even more worse off because of my choice and I'm going to feel so guilty.

NHS HC1 wouldn't cover me as I still live at home with my parents.

I think the pre payment thing would work but it's expensive and I don't know if it's worth it as I get two things a month that you have to pay for (the other one I think I don't)

Original post by Tiger Rag
Is there a local Mind in your area or similar? They sometimes offer counselling or similar.

Don't think so, nope.
Possibly ruined my good black jeans with nail varnish this morning. :angry: That would be the second pair. Damn you stupid hobby I do to keep me calm. :frown:
That's why I've left college, I've got a apprenticeship instead. Sadly it doesn't count as education in most people's eyes as its work based. Meaning that my parents are going to be even more worse off because of my choice and I'm going to feel so guilty.

NHS HC1 wouldn't cover me as I still live at home with my parents.

I think the pre payment thing would work but it's expensive and I don't know if it's worth it as I get two things a month that you have to pay for (the other one I think I don't)

Don't think so, nope.

Im sure i got a HC2 when still living at home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to see the GP about my meds today...I kind of wanna be taken off them now. :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Going to see the GP about my meds today...I kind of wanna be taken off them now. :tongue:

That was me :colonhash:
Original post by usycool1
good morning to Great Britain and the rest of the world. I hope everyone is doing well today. The day just beginning here in California in the United States.I'm bored and can't go back to sleep. My car broke down yesterday in the heat and because of my illness I cannot fix it anymore. I hate auto mechanics. As soon as they realize I'm sick they try to charge me more. People always want to take advantage of the infirm. I'm sorry I didn't mean to quote you. but I hope everything is going well in your life. I hope everybody in Great Britain had a great day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PandaWho
Im sure i got a HC2 when still living at home

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have one and I live at home :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Posted from TSR Mobile

i hope i can get one when i move, cos i worry ill run out of money when i need to get meds and never be able to get my meds :facepalm: but got a month to sort it out, as im gonna get more meds next week for freeeee :woo: :party:
Just found out we stay over somewhere next friday night :redface: thought it was just Saturday night..
Really nervous, almost dreading it. Have no-one to share with (cos so popular lol) which idk if that is a good or bad thing. Just really anxious about it but cant pull out.
oh well :redface:

~Anon 1
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by PandaWho
i hope i can get one when i move, cos i worry ill run out of money when i need to get meds and never be able to get my meds :facepalm: but got a month to sort it out, as im gonna get more meds next week for freeeee :woo: :party:

Really stupid personal question to you two then, do they take your parents finances or not? Because if they take my parents then they probably won't give it to me as with my earnings ill be earning too much. :sigh:
Really stupid personal question to you two then, do they take your parents finances or not? Because if they take my parents then they probably won't give it to me as with my earnings ill be earning too much. :sigh:

nope thats whats so great about it, its on YOUR income, noone elses.
2 weeks today until my ESA medical. I'll be glad when it's all over. I'm barely eating or sleeping due to constantly thinking about it and then I'm taking panic after panic :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
No worries!!
What are you studying? xxxxx

Original post by FireFreezer77
Thats me ^^^^

I study medicine :smile: I am literally so relieved to get through the first year!
Original post by Ezme39
I study medicine :smile: I am literally so relieved to get through the first year!

Medicine seems very popular on here.
Im guessing its hard!?
Original post by usycool1

:hugs: What's wrong with them?
Has anyone got any experience at funding masters? I've still got a year at uni left but I'm looking at doing a masters in Psychology when I finish. However it looks expensive, and not sure how people afford them?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
Has anyone got any experience at funding masters? I've still got a year at uni left but I'm looking at doing a masters in Psychology when I finish. However it looks expensive, and not sure how people afford them?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing my MSc in clinical psychology this September.

The government have started a new 10k loan which helps fund the cost. A lot of people also work part time jobs to help fund. Otherwise a bank loan shouldn't be too hard to get but payback rate can be high.*
Very very anxious about tomorrow.
Why are all the big things happening at once?

Latest