The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

Primary PGCE

Anyone else doing Primary PGCE in September? I'm going to Lancaster campus :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am :smile: are you doing early years or general primary?
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Reply 2
I'm doing general primary :smile: what about you?
Reply 3
I'm doing early years! Are you moving to Lancaster or commuting?
I'm starting the general primary PGCE in September but I'll be at the Carlisle campus.
Reply 5
Original post by Mel93
I'm doing early years! Are you moving to Lancaster or commuting?

Will be commuting in from Preston, after moving from Carlisle in a few weeks! What about you?

Original post by Robinsong
I'm starting the general primary PGCE in September but I'll be at the Carlisle campus.

Awesome!

Have you guys passed your skills tests yet? Found them tricky, but passed both :smile: Have you received any DBS/health checks stuff yet? x
I've passed my skills tests but still nothing regarding DBS checks. I did phone the university about it and they said we'd get the forms sent out to us at some point.
Hi, i have a place for General Primary PGCE starting Sept 2016. I will be in Carlisle. Just wondering who else is on the course.
Original post by manx_sarah
Hi, i have a place for General Primary PGCE starting Sept 2016. I will be in Carlisle. Just wondering who else is on the course.

I will be! :smile:
Reply 9
I will be! :smile:

Hey guys :smile: I'm doing my PGCE General Primary in Carlisle too :smile:
Original post by SJ24
Hey guys :smile: I'm doing my PGCE General Primary in Carlisle too :smile:

Hi! It's nice to finally be coming across more people on the same course! :smile:

Did anyone make it to the first induction day in Lancaster? I'm not able to make either of the dates so just wondering what I have missed out on.
Reply 11
Hi! It's nice to finally be coming across more people on the same course! :smile:

Did anyone make it to the first induction day in Lancaster? I'm not able to make either of the dates so just wondering what I have missed out on.

No I'm not able to make them either. How are yous sorted with accommodation?
Original post by SJ24
No I'm not able to make them either. How are yous sorted with accommodation?

I'm lucky in that I live just over the border and can stay at home while doing the course. I will just drive or take the train every day.
Reply 13
I'm lucky in that I live just over the border and can stay at home while doing the course. I will just drive or take the train every day.

You're defs lucky. I'm from Ireland so have to move over for the year.
Original post by SJ24
You're defs lucky. I'm from Ireland so have to move over for the year.

I was told the majority of people that study at Carlisle are from Ireland. The Facebook page seems to be mainly Irish people. Do you know about the FB page?
Reply 15
I was told the majority of people that study at Carlisle are from Ireland. The Facebook page seems to be mainly Irish people. Do you know about the FB page?

Yea, I'm in the group :smile:
Original post by SJ24
Yea, I'm in the group :smile:

I hope you manage to get accommodation sorted easily enough. It must be hard having to uproot and move so far. I haven't come across any other Scottish people on the course so I might be the only one! :biggrin:
Reply 17
I hope you manage to get accommodation sorted easily enough. It must be hard having to uproot and move so far. I haven't come across any other Scottish people on the course so I might be the only one! :biggrin:

Hope so lol in the middle of getting everything sorted now. There was a Scottish fella there the day of my interview but I dunno if he got in either lol he's not in the group
Original post by SJ24
Hope so lol in the middle of getting everything sorted now. There was a Scottish fella there the day of my interview but I dunno if he got in either lol he's not in the group

There were 3 of us at my interview day (supposed to be 9!!). One Scottish, one Irish, one English (great combination for a joke there!). I'm in contact with the Irish one as she got a place, but she's not on FB.
I'm from the Isle of Man. I have to move across to the UK as well. I am getting so excited. I found accommodation easily enough :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending