The Student Room Group

What Should I Do?

I have been offered an unconditional offer into Queen's University Belfast for their Music program. The problem is, I am an international student living in Northern Ireland from Canada and the tuition fees are approx. 15, 000 pounds sterling. I have applied for all scholarships and not heard back and have inquired with my home agencies who can provide SOME but not all funding. As it stands, I cannot afford to accept this offer and go to school in September. My question is, should I decline the offer (I haven't accepted yet) and if so, will the university penalize me if I re-apply again next year?

Thanks everyone!
I'd suggest getting in contact with them and asking about it, mention you're having a hard time getting the money and see if they offer you any leeway or alternative pay routes?
Reply 2
Original post by thnksfrthvnm
I'd suggest getting in contact with them and asking about it, mention you're having a hard time getting the money and see if they offer you any leeway or alternative pay routes?

I've done this and they politely told me there was nothing they could do and linked me to the scholarship page.
Original post by cleiry
I've done this and they politely told me there was nothing they could do and linked me to the scholarship page.

ah I see, maybe call up and find out how soon you're likely to get a response to the schoolarship requests, and if you still get nothing as them about applying next year? I know some big universities can be funny about if but if they've given you the offer they must think you're pretty good so maybe they won't be too bothered? Especially if they see that you're dedicated? in the mean time I'd apply for some other unis as back up if there's any others you like the look of
So I take it if you're not a UK citizen you're not entitled to Student Finance...that's a tricky one. Are there any separate companies willing to help you with grants or bursaries? Or perhaps see if you can get in touch with any other foreign students - any friends at the uni? Sorry that's all I can suggest, unless you're lucky enough to find a job willing to fund your education.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending